• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

confirmed: CPF is kaput!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
all these cpf changes really made my lamparchengcheng...but the majority seem not to be affected at all...why this deafening silence!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
if medisave isn't used, what happen to the money?

i wonder how many were unwittingly conned into NOT signing out of the ponzi-er ELDERSHIELD scheme. that was a opt-out big time conjob! i was one of the victim and every 5 yrs they increase the rate. now they keep sending GREAT EASTERN forms to as me to upgrade it so that they can charge more annually and zap my cpf. when i read the terms and conditions for policyholder to use it, it seem that the insurance agent benefits better.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What they want to do is to reduce the draw out of the CPF...... The reason is simple - CPF money is used to be INVEST by Temasek and GIC. With the amount of money that both of the company is losing, do you think there is enough money for peoples to draw out the CPF?

That why every year, the CPF will come out with some rules with the support of the goverment to reduce the pay out of CPF and hence retaining the money inside CPF......

IMHO, in fact starting from now... Those peoples working and in the mid 30 to early 40 of ages will never to see or smell their CPF in the entire life......

Please correct me if I am wrong I thought I heard somewhere from Temasek or GIC that they DO NOT use our CPF for their investments? Also I thought I read it somewhere that overall whatever bad investments loss were made up by investments gain so nett is gain. I think I didn't hear wrongly, anyone can clarify?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please correct me if I am wrong I thought I heard somewhere from Temasek or GIC that they DO NOT use our CPF for their investments? Also I thought I read it somewhere that overall whatever bad investments loss were made up by investments gain so nett is gain. I think I didn't hear wrongly, anyone can clarify?

they purposely keep saying very loudly to be heard.

like smrt, they also say very loudly it's the best in the world. see what happen now.

weetabix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Irregardless of whether CPF is siphoned off in many creative ways or not, the bottomline is this. The CPF will crumble if it is withdrawn en mass. The only way to keep thee hope alive , is to slowly raise the age bar and all sorts of hurdles to prevent depletion of this fund. This centralised fund can be used as a mirage so that the rat wheel can keep on spinning. The luckiest ones are the ones who could withdraw a lump sum many years ago. No such luck with the post baby boomers.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many Singaporeans have $131,000 in CPF at 55?
Posted by theonlinecitizen on December 20, 2011 20 Comments
15~by: Leong Sze Hian~

I refer to the report “CPF keeps 4% Special..........

How many Singaporeans are estimated to have the MS of $131,000, when they reach 55?

Chey, I've passed $131,000 donkey years ago and I'm still slogging away to reach 55.:mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any way to catch them using our CPF to invest?

First learn to connect the dots, who is the PM?, who is the Finance Minister, who is in GSIC & Temasek, connect those forst & you see a picture that will form a logo with circle & lightning in the center.

Next, can you trace, the monies that Min Of Finance, MOF place with both of the entities?? They are disguised in various instruments, now, where does MOF gets their money from?

Connect all the dots...you get the picture.

For example, POSB banking licence is that of a savings bank, won't go into detail here on Banking Act etc., any acccess funds, POSB will have to transfer them to MOF; but in the past, they were allowed to place their funds on Local Money Market. Again, the connect the dots rule apply again. Now, I don't think POSB after the merger is still holding a Savings Bank Licence. To know that, how much fees are they paying M.A.S. ( not the Malaysian one) on the dot, January 1st 2012, you will know.

Once again, connect all the dots..you get the picture, including the invisible ones.

:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
There're no dots to connect, simple straight line Lee, Lee & Lee LOL

Lately I am considering to one day change my citizenship to Thai and get all my CPF money out. I am ok here because I am quite well entrenched here. Only problem is my work requires me to go to places at very short notice and applying for entry visa with a Thai passport requires time. But I am sure one day I will do it. Ok some of you will say why not go angmoh 1st world countries better benefits I think I will not because (1) I am very comfortable and used to here and (2) I don't need whatever benefits western word can offer as I am used to taking care of myself. For me Thailand is the best place despite the red/yellow, flooding, tsunami problems. :wink: :wink:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
all these cpf changes really made my lamparchengcheng...but the majority seem not to be affected at all...why this deafening silence!

The majority are sheeps. They wait till their balls about to fall off than they ask the questions about their cpf. Let their balls fall off than.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every penny is yours. No partial withdrawal.
just wanna check - if renounce citizenship - are we allowed to withdraw the entire CPF - ie. ordinary, special and medisave accounts - and any money in whatever hidden accounts like eldershield, etc?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
just had kopi with one retiree who had long withdrawn his cpf. according to him, he was lucky to be able to withdraw when he hit 55. no problem and the process was smooth. his opinion was he also couldn't understand why gov is now doing all this very complicating to prevent or even stop us from withdrawing unless something is very wrong.

gov presents the fact that sgporeans are living longer. just turn to the obituary page. many sgporeans are in fact dropping dead at quite a younger age than living past beyond 70. just becos one emperor who is able to live 10000 yrs due to all the special privileges doesn't make the majority the same.

it also contradicts to the medisave thingy. if sgporeans are able to live that long as stipulated, obviously they are meticulously keeping themselves healthier. as such, most likely many wouldn't have even really utilised their medisave which is getting to be an astronomical and ridiculous amount.

by leeporting some who have benefitted from medisave and all their cohorts, it doesn't really represent the real picture which the gov is always trying to exaggerate to in another word soft threat the nation by such scare tactics.

the retiree's parting words: god bless u and hopefully u get to see ur life saving. this is also a case of the sgp poor getting poorer. all their meagre life-saving would be held up indefinitely.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lately I am considering to one day change my citizenship to Thai and get all my CPF money out. I am ok here because I am quite well entrenched here. Only problem is my work requires me to go to places at very short notice and applying for entry visa with a Thai passport requires time. But I am sure one day I will do it. Ok some of you will say why not go angmoh 1st world countries better benefits I think I will not because (1) I am very comfortable and used to here and (2) I don't need whatever benefits western word can offer as I am used to taking care of myself. For me Thailand is the best place despite the red/yellow, flooding, tsunami problems. :wink: :wink:

I also thinking running road to Thailand. You got job intro me anot?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This thread makes me treasure my foreign spouse more. I had insisted that she just take up PR and keep her citizenship for our retirement. Now that I have tried my very best to get to Oz but failed, I guess I have to work harder and save whatever I can now for retirement. Laksaboy is right and I totally agree with him. Plan your future without your CPF.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also thinking running road to Thailand. You got job intro me anot?

should consider vietnam, cambodia and other further north indo-china. they are very cheaper than thai. since they are quite new economies, it would be eaiser to make money there.