• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condolences for JBJ sign here

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rest In Peace, J B Jeyaretnam
You are a good man, and you deserve a state funeral.

Australia would have given you one, but in Singapore, you are a nobody because you are a Singaporean, and Singaporeans are 3rd class citizens, lower than FTs.

gostep

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bought his book Make it Right for Singapore in 2002 with his signature. Wonder if will have collectible value.
RIP -JBJ

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
May you rest in peace.

God Bless and hope you are given a space in heaven.

The sad part will be...LKY will in hell and thus you will not get a chance to challenge him in a another kingdom.

JB: A true believer in human rights and a non-dictatorship govenrment.

I salute you.

Amen

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Mr JBJ,

Even though you'd been called home, your unwavering spirit in your fight against the Familee's despotism and injustice in Singapore will live on!

Your sacrifices for the people will be forever remembered and provides the driving force for the eventual demise of the despotic Leegime.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am terribly shocked to hear of JBJ's passing today. My deepest condolences goes out to Phillip, his son and to his family. I believe he has now gone and join God in the heavenly realm, and will be happy forever.

I also believe that we, the younger generation, must also step up and ensure that what he wanted for us and this country is to be fulfilled, for the greater good of this country, and to restore the promise that our country once had.

Even more than now, that responsibility will be ours to bear, and its up to us to keep his legacy alive, kicking and continuing. I'm sure once we do fulfill what JBJ wants, he will be smiling at us from above, pleased that we have done something worthwhile.

For me, I regretted that I have never really met him in person. That's one regret that I can never undo, and one I cannot take back. But nonetheless, we have to fulfill what he started.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
setengah_tiang.jpg

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
last saw him at city hall selling his books.

I last saw him at Center Point . Got a sad feeling seeing a man already so old still selling books in the street fighting for his dream!! JBJ i SALUTE you and may you Rest In Peace .............:(:o

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
A true political hero of singapore..

Rest In peace.

Dear JBJ,

you've fought hard, you've fought well. you've shown us what resilience really is, you've shown us what human dignity is; your ideals will not die with you, your legacy will continue.

the next generation will soon have to stand up in your place. the very young may not have known you as others would, but the very young ones will soon see the very qualities you've possessed that made you stood out amongst the rest.

reform is like change and change is the universal truth in life. the reforms in the political scene in Singapore will definitely take place, and the posterity of Singapore will remember you for it...

take a good and well deserved rest now, you've done your part, it is time for the rest of the good folks to continue where you've left off...

always in our memories...
JBJ, RIP...

JWNY

Alfrescian
Loyal
any man, or person, JBJ or otherwise deserves their dignity and respect

RIP

JWNY

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a very sad day, the passing of a true great man. A man who stood up against tyranny. A warrior and martyr in its own sense. You had earned a place in people's heart. Your departure is sad but the legacy of your unwavering spirit against hegemony shall and will forever live on.

We will always miss you, Mr Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam. Rest in Peace. May God's blessing be on your soul. Amen!

setengah_tiang.jpg

News report on CNN and BBC

Last edited:

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svVij6V99SU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/svVij6V99SU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Embedded it.

:o :smile: :o

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear JBJ,

you've fought hard, you've fought well. you've shown us what resilience really is, you've shown us what human dignity is; your ideals will not die with you, your legacy will continue.

the next generation will soon have to stand up in your place. the very young may not have known you as others would, but the very young ones will soon see the very qualities you've possessed that made you stood out amongst the rest.

reform is like change and change is the universal truth in life. the reforms in the political scene in Singapore will definitely take place, and the posterity of Singapore will remember you for it...

take a good and well deserved rest now, you've done your part, it is time for the rest of the good folks to continue where you've left off...

always in our memories...
JBJ, RIP...

"It has been said that the life of a person who sacrifices himself for his fellowmen is as weighty as Mount Taishan, but the life of a person who lives only for himself is as light as a bird's feather." ~ Dr Lim Hock Siew.

JBJ unselfishly gave his lot to the people of Singapore.

During 1979 he had to sell his residence, a freehold 15,000 sq ft single storey bungalow situated at Victoria Park, dist 10 for $300,000 so that he could settle his law suit brought against him by that unscrupulous old fart.

Not long after he was forced to sell his residence, his beloved wife passed away, and about 9 months after he sold his bungalow, the value of his house surged up to over $3m.

He then moved to a 3 bedroom apartment at Village Tower, Mt Sinai Lane. I remembered he stayed there for more than a decade, and he was again sued by LKY and had to sell it off to pay for his law-suit.

JBJ Sir, now it's time for you to take your well-earned rest. Sleep well Sir, sleep well, rest in peace and goodbye.

Last edited:

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very sad day. So unexpected.

JBJ is my hero. An icon. His selflessness to fight for a better Singapore and the tremendous sacrifices he made and the price he paid for this cause, we owe him deeply.

In my first political rally to listen to JBJ, I was very surprised when I saw ah peks and the heartlanders walking up to the donation box to stuff dollar notes into it. I heard comments from such fellows who said JBJ is a good man, who fought for them. It was a different picture from what was depicted in the media.

Here are the peasant people who perhaps could not understand a word of English, yet could see the greatness in this man.

In our elitist society, the rights of the downtrodden and the lower class are often neglected. In Anson, the voters put JBJ into parliament because of the arrogance of MIW back then. Remember Blair Plain as MIW govt wanted to evict the people staying there with little regard of their feelings. That was a turning point when MIW realised they have to heed the people's voices afterall.

I was hoping that JBJ will finally have his chance to enter Parliament again - it was his hope, and alas this was not to be.

JBJ will get his simple farewell, and in my heart and perhaps many others who saw what he has done, he deserves far more. May his dream lives on and his legacy be established.

We lost a son and a great man.

hammerhammer

A great man with the courage to fight the regime even to his last breadth. Salute to him, a true hero, a true son of Singapore. Will be miss by all of us and his deeds will always be remembered.:(

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joshua Benjamin Jeyaretnam (JBJ) is a true son of Singapore!

He fought for his beliefs even until his last day on earth!

SALUTE!!!