• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Common Sense & Logic - Abolishment of National Service

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
This afternoon when I took grab, the driver was from Malaysia, not naturalized, driving for a rideshare company that registered their own vehicles with Grab. He told me that he liked to pick up stewardess from airport and discuss with them to buy non-GST or duty-free things and he offloads in carousell. Very enterprising. Too talkative.

Two things came into my mind. Once upon a time, Singapore only allows locals to drive taxi. Now foreigners can work for companies and drive rideshare in Singapore. I assume doing so is perfectly legal.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP Leegime will not abolish a very lucrative cash cow. It's all about the money, don't be fooled by the emotional and fearmongering excuses.

Also, you need a pool of NS slaves to contribute manpower for the annual propaganda show.

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Second, the driver reminds me that foreigners like him will find singapore an easy place to make money.

Our parents and grandparents worked hard to create today's ideal platform. Now, imagine one day we fight a war, these foreigners run away. Many locals will be forced to stay and fight. Be it defeat or victory, many will get killed and ruined. Yet, in the same logic, the foreigners will happily flock back to rebuild or reclaim this land.

ok let's put business aside, even in local primary schools, secondary schools and universities, why should we impose national service on locals, when non-local children of those fathers or grandfathers who never served get to enroll into top primary schools, or get scholarships in higher education?

Do you feel that your country is like a family that the father treat the mistress better? When the father goes bust, the mistress runs away and return when times are good again. hahaha

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few years ago, I went for an interview with Singapore International Foundation. The management liked me but guess what, the HR was pinoy and low-balled me badly. I didn't get the job. haha, seriously, even SIF can't find a middle-aged local PMET to be senior member of their HR team?

Two years ago, I met people from an investment fund of Temasek. The young decision-maker shocked me for hardly knowing anything about the companies in their portfolio. I merely knew much more about the management in their vested interests because I am a local, and brushed shoulders with many of them in the course of my life and career.

The worst is, I went to check the linkedin of this female decision maker in the Temasek fund.........fell off my chair, this young woman managing my state fund, has an ordinary work experience and graduated from #800-1000 globally-ranked university from Malaysia. ok, at least she is honest. Not fake degrees.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This afternoon when I took grab, the driver was from Malaysia, not naturalized, driving for a rideshare company that registered their own vehicles with Grab. He told me that he liked to pick up stewardess from airport and discuss with them to buy non-GST or duty-free things and he offloads in carousell. Very enterprising. Too talkative.

Two things came into my mind. Once upon a time, Singapore only allows locals to drive taxi. Now foreigners can work for companies and drive rideshare in Singapore. I assume doing so is perfectly legal.

The only jobs that foreigners are not allowed is to be a minister. All other jobs are opened to foreigners, especially the Ah Nehs.

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
IF NS is Abolished,all the Generals will be retrenched.

Many many NSF are better than our regular soldiers, in terms of commitment and hard-work. Such a shame.
Likewise, in United States, a soldier may retire as a Corporal or Sergeant from a few years of service but definitely, he is definitely a more mature warrior than many SAF regulars.

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only jobs that foreigners are not allowed is to be a minister. All other jobs are opened to foreigners, especially the Ah Nehs.

We have Malaysia-born politicians who bragged about working in hospital and serving a few days in SAF as volunteer corps.
We have Malaysian male and female ministers with has freehold bedrooms larger than our HDB living rooms, breathing down our neck everyday.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We have Malaysia-born politicians who bragged about working in hospital and serving a few days in SAF as volunteer corps.
We have Malaysian male and female ministers with has freehold bedrooms larger than our HDB living rooms, breathing down our neck everyday.

Over here, we have been lamenting for ages on how the PAP has screwed us sinkees. There is no future unless the people rise up to get rid of the PAP.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN when you take grab car those talkative ones are usually msian with a wife working in orfit KNN they are happy so they like tcss whereas sinkie grab driver all pulling long face type and worse some are very particular about their car cleanliness becas they invested their pathetic life money on it KNN

JustLikeThis

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN when you take grab car those talkative ones are usually msian with a wife working in orfit KNN they are happy so they like tcss whereas sinkie grab driver all pulling long face type and worse some are very particular about their car cleanliness becas they invested their pathetic life money on it KNN

haha, for the FIVE STARS rating

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Malaysians can be considered as local.
Abolishment of NS not even raised by oposition parties. So i reckon sinkies deep down love NS.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few years ago, I went for an interview with Singapore International Foundation. The management liked me but guess what, the HR was pinoy and low-balled me badly. I didn't get the job. haha, seriously, even SIF can't find a middle-aged local PMET to be senior member of their HR team?

Two years ago, I met people from an investment fund of Temasek. The young decision-maker shocked me for hardly knowing anything about the companies in their portfolio. I merely knew much more about the management in their vested interests because I am a local, and brushed shoulders with many of them in the course of my life and career.

The worst is, I went to check the linkedin of this female decision maker in the Temasek fund.........fell off my chair, this young woman managing my state fund, has an ordinary work experience and graduated from #800-1000 globally-ranked university from Malaysia. ok, at least she is honest. Not fake degrees.
You are correct sir. However they are not stupid. Rich malaysians i met here they have people working in sinkieland. Ask them to be citizen no way. Whatever problems i mention they know it too. A lot more aware than your coolie sinkie

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is being said & discussed & debated here is being recycled again, for election is coming. Singaporeans are not willing to turn their lives around & is comfortable with the staus quo. They will vote for the PAP & what is being discussed & debated here will go on & on. What is the point of talking?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is being said & discussed & debated here is being recycled again, for election is coming. Singaporeans are not willing to turn their lives around & is comfortable with the staus quo. They will vote for the PAP & what is being discussed & debated here will go on & on. What is the point of talking?
KNN actually is same as having a lousy wife and status quo but once a while ownself masturbate lo KNN