• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ComfortDelGro taxi flagdown rates to go up by 50 cents

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since is not possible to flag down a taxi, shouldn't they increase the flag down rate to match the advance booking rate instead of just 50cents? :cool:

currently down to 4 players
in the Taxi Market...

* ComfortDelgro ( incl . citycab)
* TransCab ( changing ownership to Grab)
* StridesPremier &
* Prime

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Jan 1, 2024, all ComfortDelGro cabbies will have to pay 7 per cent of fares collected from app- and phone-booked rides – up from 5 per cent now. A company spokesman on Dec 27 confirmed this change, which was reported by Chinese-language daily Lianhe Zaobao on Dec 26.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
From Jan 1, 2024, all ComfortDelGro cabbies will have to pay 7 per cent of fares collected from app- and phone-booked rides – up from 5 per cent now. A company spokesman on Dec 27 confirmed this change, which was reported by Chinese-language daily Lianhe Zaobao on Dec 26.
Then they should pick up passengers all from taxi stand and road side hitch.
Who asked them to all play hide and seek and end up passenger need to book and they need to share earning with company.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear @sbfuncle may I know why there are drivers who rent cars from comfort Delgro and paying expensive rental ? Why don’t they save money and buy their own cars and subscribe to grab platform ? Pls share your knowledge

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear @sbfuncle may I know why there are drivers who rent cars from comfort Delgro and paying expensive rental ? Why don’t they save money and buy their own cars and subscribe to grab platform ? Pls share your knowledge
I think there are still a minority of taxi uncles that are not it savvy enough to rely fully on apps to make a full time living.

When I myself was deciding if 1 day I want to retake my taxi vocational license (I had a vocational lic long time ago but subsequently I didn't renew it) should I just go for phv lic or taxi lic? Taxi lic has a additional paper to pass for route planning compared to phv lic.
My answer was to go for taxi lic, becos taxi can take both street ply and app ply whereas phv only can only app ply.

Buying own car and subscribe to grab is only good for retirement driving, becos you will need to spend alot on maintenance for full time driving, whereas renting taxi need not have to spend on this, and taxi companies also offer many sort of rebates, including accident allowance I.e getting some money while your car is under repair etc

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
videotogif-2018-12-05-13-39-41.gif

Taking back whole cheekon nao...

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there are still a minority of taxi uncles that are not it savvy enough to rely fully on apps to make a full time living.

When I myself was deciding if 1 day I want to retake my taxi vocational license (I had a vocational lic long time ago but subsequently I didn't renew it) should I just go for phv lic or taxi lic? Taxi lic has a additional paper to pass for route planning compared to phv lic.
My answer was to go for taxi lic, becos taxi can take both street ply and app ply whereas phv only can only app ply.

Buying own car and subscribe to grab is only good for retirement driving, becos you will need to spend alot on maintenance for full time driving, whereas renting taxi need not have to spend on this, and taxi companies also offer many sort of rebates, including accident allowance I.e getting some money while your car is under repair etc
I got my tdvl several years back, went for one refresher course 2 years go. I am not active td, only got it for backup plan. My course mates mostly active drivers told me take tdvl better, when market goes in favour of phv or taxi can switch anytime.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got my tdvl several years back, went for one refresher course 2 years go. I am not active td, only got it for backup plan. My course mates mostly active drivers told me take tdvl better, when market goes in favour of phv or taxi can switch anytime.
Just curious nowadays when there is GPS guided route, how the tdvl conduct the route test?
Tdvl got refresher course? :eek: what they refresh you on?
I took it so long ago that time no GPS system, and I remember need to go for a mdt course and a bus excursion then can take paper test liao.

metalrover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious nowadays when there is GPS guided route, how the tdvl conduct the route test?
Tdvl got refresher course? :eek: what they refresh you on?
I took it so long ago that time no GPS system, and I remember need to go for a mdt course and a bus excursion then can take paper test liao.
when i took the test, still using street directory but test is on ipad. Many uncles not IT savy struggling big time.
For taxi, i think still go for shortest route cos metered. Gps wont be always shortest route i guess

6 years 1 time refresher.
3 yrs 1 time renewal, if i m not mistaken.
Refresher basically updated taxi rules & regulations

For mine no mdt, only if u confirm driving then go half day mdt course

Last edited: