• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

COMEX 2012 @ Suntec City (30 Aug to 2 Sep)

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
comex-2012.jpg

Floor plans and brochures are available here: http://itfairsg.com/comex2012/

Newbies to such IT shows like COMEX, do note the followings:

1) Double-check with the promoters present that all prices advertised are inclusive of GST. All prices advertised/listed in any media should be inclusive of GST and if you find anyone tries to scam you by adding GST in, make a report to IRAS.
2) Check if they charged extra for using credit card or nets...if you are paying cash, draw your money first before you go down to Suntec City becos all the ATMs there got long queue...
3) If they tell you that they will upgrade the RAM for you, make sure they do it in front of you...also ask for name of the sales person who promise you the any upgrade because there are many dispute in the past about this issue.
4) check and ask about the warranty.. like whether it is manufacturer warranty or retailers warranty...also whether it is on-site warranty or not...for eg Dell monitor is on-site warranty...etc. Some warranty are registered online while some you have to submit the warranty card. If you are unsure, call with the sales office of the brand. Normally for big brands, warranty are registered online nowadays. However do note that for extended warranty, normally warranty card are given...like Samsung.
5) Dont forget to redeem your free gift immediately, lots of ppl so anxious after getting their buys gone straight home and then return the next day only to find that all free gifts are fully redeemed.
6) For you laptop, check your configure before you go home, if it is stated 6gb ram or 1gb graphic card, switch on the computer and check the computer hardware properties to verify...
7) For those buying bulky stuff like 32'-40" TV, do note that you have to take cab if you are not driving becos MRT at Suntec do not allow you to enter with such bulky items.
8) Lemon Law starts on 1 Sep 2012, so I would advise to you to buy on Sat and Sun instead of Thur and Fri. First day of the show is normally for pple who wish to try their luck to get display set at really knock-down prices. Friday is just for ppl to recce, take note of the items they wanto buy and then do research on the net.

WARNING:

1) Never buy from these retailers who have consistent track record of scamming customers: Newstead/MC2/@notebook, Ray Technology, CH2. Check the floor plans in the links I have provided above to find where they are and avoid them. Newstead have many booths there, so becareful.
2) Forget about doing trade-in with PC-Dreams, they will try to bluff customers by advertising high value for your computer, but then when you bring it there,they will try to chop you and value it much lower giving all sorts of fuckup reasons. Then they will sell it at much higher prices in their SLS shops. So remember, never deal with PC Dreams...you will get much better value selling it yourself on the net.

This is all, have a nice time at COMEX and shop smart...:biggrin::oIo:

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to give a heads up to those ppl who intend to buy the new Asus zenbook prime....

Just saw the Asus brochure and price list:

UX31A i5 selling for $1598
UX31A i7 selling for $2098
UX32VD i5 selling for $1498

But last weekend when I was at JB IT mall, I saw they are selling:

UX31A i5 selling for RM3499 (S$1=RM2.48) = S$1410 (SAVE $188)
UX31A i7 selling for RM4499 (S$1=RM2.48) = S$1814 (SAVE $284)
UX32VD i5 selling for RM2999 (S$1=RM2.48) = $1209 (SAVE $289)

BTW, warranty is international too.... the only difference is M'sia give 1yr...Comex is 2yrs.....

So not all products in COMEX is cheaper, only those old stocks are cheap...but new items like the asus zenbook prime...they will chop carrot during IT shows...:rolleyes:

However for those typical kiasi sinkies who are always worried abt getting rob.....just stay in Sinkieland and overpay for your computer loh :rolleyes::oIo:

Last edited:

nonsense

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to give a heads up to those ppl who intend to buy the new Asus zenbook prime....
However for those typical kiasi sinkies who are always worried abt getting rob.....just stay in Sinkieland and overpay for your computer loh :rolleyes::oIo:

Agree. Where is your stalker? Haven't appear in this thread yet? :biggrin:

KNNBPCB

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good thread, this is the only thing you are good at in this forum, LOL

i thought you were going to ask for Bugger King coupons .:biggrin:

Dear SIRs, please refrain from creating a flaming war in this thread. TS is trying his best to share some good deals to fellow members/readers of SBF.
Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy your stay in SBF.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lai, lai sappork creative, "kaki lang, pa si bor siong gan"...:wink:

http://images.sg.creative.com/comex/Flyer_Comex2012.pdf

LOL @ Creative. Speakers? Headphones? Webcams? So many better brands out there.

And no, I don't see the value of splurging on a high-end soundcard when on-board sound is good enough.

Creative Tech: always remembered for two things:

1) Attempting to take on Apple's iPod with ZEN and Sim Wong Hoo's autograph :rolleyes:
zencontest.jpg

2) Shitty, shitty driver software.

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear SIRs, please refrain from creating a flaming war in this thread. TS is trying his best to share some good deals to fellow members/readers of SBF.
Thank you for your cooperation. Enjoy your stay in SBF.

mai kao peh :oIo: :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
6th floors no chiobus 1, the men more ugly there too, lol

4th floor many staff standing chucking pamphlets to your hand, lol

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But last weekend when I was at JB IT mall, I saw they are selling:

The prices for Apple products are also cheaper in JB & Malaysia. Just go to City Square Mall where there is an authorised Apple store on level 1, next to the magazine shop.