• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Come 2030 - Push and Shove - Survial of The Fittest.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The recent White Paper on increasing the current (already stifling) population to 6.9 million is something that I cannot fathom, tough by then I may not be around here anymore.

However, I shudder to think about the impact of such a fat population on the future of our kids, grand-kids and generations to come.

As it is our beloved Singapore is already over-crowded. Just look at the conditions of our roads, transportation system and housing, not forgetting the hospitals. Walk anywhere, even on "a once upon a time deserted place". It isn't the same any longer. Forget about the days when we were known as a "fishing village".

Already in 2013, people move around in droves or hordes waiting for a stampede to occur like in the migration of animals in the Sarangeti.

FTs, locals and daily-rated poorly-paid labourers on the streets all walking and rushing always has become a common sight. Old people are literally pushed away.

Bad FTs from ill-mannered societies brought along their bad habits into our once clean and comfortable nation. In the cause of walking "accidents" sometimes occur between two or more moving people. At times there may even be "chain-collisions'.

May I suggest that the Government pull out the Road Traffic Act and quickly include accidents between moving humans as punishable offences. Just like vehicle drivers, classify the "walking accidents" as reckless, careless and even dangerous.

Get LTA to introduce multi-lane walkways for human tyraffic. Just like the In-Vehicle Device, get some contractor to supply something called a "walkometer" and have it fitted around the necks of moving people as a mean to determine the speed they were moving. These gadget will emit beeps when the walking is beyond the allowable speed. Get the LTA Marshalls and Traffic Police to "summon" those that walk recklessly, carelessly and dangerously. Having cameras on such walkways can also be another good idea.

For those that hit another pedestrian and thereby cause grievous injury of death, charge the other party with "Dangerous Walking" or Causing Death By Rash and Negligent Act, respectively.

Paint the walkways with 3 lanes like the expressways - the fast, the medium and the slow. Impose the maximum speed limits for walking.

If possible place traffic light signals at "walk junctions" so that walkers from the opposite direction can cross safely and vice versa.

This is not a joke for we have to be prepared for such a rapid rise in human traffic with the population hitting 6.9 million, or 6.99 (remind me of $1.99 shops) or possibly 8 million.

Even if SBY or Najib allows Singapore a lease of Bintan Isles and JB for a hundred years, such massive population cannot survive on the tiny little red dot.

There is a possibility that such massive human jams will literally push the original citizens here into the sea and into possible extinction.

I never expected such hordes on our tiny city-state where humans will one day become classified as "dangerous weapon".

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
The recent White Paper on increasing the current (already stifling) population to 6.9 million is something that I cannot fathom, tough by then I may not be around here anymore.

However, I shudder to think about the impact of such a fat population on the future of our kids, grand-kids and generations to come.

Uncle Koh, funny you should mention about the future of grandkids and generations to come.

My take is that the reason why they want such a large population is precisely for their grandkids.

Please see the attached thread which I started sometime ago.

http://singsupplies.com/showthread....ot-About-Your-Future-Grandchild-s-Restauarant

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

bro,
not waiting till 2030, am voting the MIW out.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

If PAP want more FTs they should allow Singaporeans to leave with dual citizenship status. Our children and grandchildren can choose to live anywhere in the world of their choice and still hold the voting entitlements in Singapore. Born in your motherland hold entitlement to vote and most countries hold the same basic principle.

FTs came with dual citizenship status, take US, Ozzies and NZ people for example, one more citizenship entitlement don't mean anything to them, so are the Pinoys and the Chink Ah Tiongs. Even Indian Ah Nehs can also claim back their homeland citizenships.

Why is PAP still out-of-date and not progressing fast enough with developed countries when come to dual citizenships for the people.

Last edited: