• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Clintonxxx, See What a Real Retard Looks Like!

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing for sure many male will be happy.
No more NS.

NS, over the years has lost its original meaning and purpose. With the way it is run these days, I do not blame fellow Singaporean males for begrudging this so-called service to the nation.

My cohorts and I were called up for NS after graduation during the years when the British forces withdrew from east of suez. The Malaysians were at our doorstep ready to fill the vacuum created by British withdrawal.

We had our gripes during that time too because we see foreign students (including Malaysians), some of who were our class mates, picking up all the best jobs while we served our national commitment.

We were armed with whatever the British left behind. This even meant we were issued with second hand British uniforms which were oversized for us Asians.

On the other hand, we were aware that we are training to defend our own family and kin from experiencing another Malaysian rule, who would come as invaders and not bound by any pact as was in the previous arrangement.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bet you'll never forget the kick from the SLR eh? SC.

Hi myjohnson,

Perhaps we have more in common than I first thought.:smile:

Using the SLR for firing was enjoyable, but the cleaning after (especially after using blanks) and marching with it at rusoh during National Day was a pain.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
The boys nowadays can buy solvents on their own to give their SAR21s a bath to clean it out to pass inspection 100 percent. To get caught using WD40 for SLRs would meant at least 5 takes. Those were the days.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
It was extremely frustrating to know that no matter how much effort was taken to clean, the officer will always find elephant f88cking in the barrel especially at guard mounting.

Felt it must be the ultimate pain in our lives during service but made for a good for a laugh thinking about those goondu days.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
610x.jpg

This is the real retard.

6c21038233d740eca3093a14ecd0752c.jpg

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
NS, over the years has lost its original meaning and purpose. With the way it is run these days, I do not blame fellow Singaporean males for begrudging this so-called service to the nation.

My cohorts and I were called up for NS after graduation during the years when the British forces withdrew from east of suez. The Malaysians were at our doorstep ready to fill the vacuum created by British withdrawal.

We had our gripes during that time too because we see foreign students (including Malaysians), some of who were our class mates, picking up all the best jobs while we served our national commitment.

We were armed with whatever the British left behind. This even meant we were issued with second hand British uniforms which were oversized for us Asians.

On the other hand, we were aware that we are training to defend our own family and kin from experiencing another Malaysian rule, who would come as invaders and not bound by any pact as was in the previous arrangement.

Wow... Respect! I envy you at least served NS for a purpose. When I served my 2.5 years, I had no good memories except for the count-down to ROD.

A waste of my youth.

Now with the competition at workplace, I dread to think that one day I have to call a younger FT "boss".

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow... Respect! I envy you at least served NS for a purpose. When I served my 2.5 years, I had no good memories except for the count-down to ROD.

A waste of my youth.

Now with the competition at workplace, I dread to think that one day I have to call a younger FT "boss".

Ah Guan,

We were also not much different. Despite the purpose in mind, we also did count the days to ROD, and our FT classmates were miles ahead of us when we were released from "prison".:biggrin: