• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Citizens always kena retrenched 1st before FTrash. You Call This A Country?!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]Govt, bosses, unions - things to get 'noisier': Tan Chuan-Jin[/h]
Published on Nov 1, 2011

Minister of State for Manpower Tan Chuan-Jin said one problem with anti-discrimination laws is that it would reduce flexibility in the labour market, a strength for Singapore. -- PHOTO: BLOOMBERG

By Toh Yong Chuan
The Government, employers and unions have previously solved problems quietly behind the scenes, but things will get 'a bit noiser' going forward, Minister of State for Manpower Tan Chuan-Jin said on Monday.
'That is something that we will take in our stride,' he told the participants at Monday's Tripartite Forum. Not long after, a union leader proved the junior minister right when he said that the Government had not done enough to protect Singaporeans in recessions.
Singapore Shell Employees' Union president Yeap Tong Ming charged that Singaporeans were retrenched while foreigners kept their jobs during the downturns in 1986 and 1998.
'Our Government should protect the workers during retrenchment... Come to the crunch, Singaporeans were retrenched first and foreigners stayed, whereas in the neighbouring country it was the other way round,' Mr Yeap said during a dialogue.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always believed that being a true blue singaporean is a curse. Articles like this reaffirm my believe.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can a Singapore citizen apply for the Foreign Talent Scheme? Anyone knows?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is time to throw this sinkie govt out. But does sinkies have the balls to do it??? If no balls, then you bloody bunch deserve all the shit. talk so much also no use.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is just another publicity ploy to gain the voters confidence, whn it quietn down, they will let in the foreigners, through a 'hole' in the system. These discrimatory practices had been going on since the 70's, after the withdrawal of the British, 1984 recession, 1991-1992, Gulf Wars, 1997 Asian Financial Crises, 2007..... It is SINgaporeans, who doesn't want to stamp their feet & guard their own rice bowls, they allowed themselves to be exploited , for decades, by voting the same useless highly paid people into parliament. They have themselves to be blamed. Now, these same useless highly paid people, are saying " we look after you", what an eye opening. The joke is on you, SINgaporeans, especially the 60%, had the 40% not rising up, this "I look after you", would have never seen the light!!:mad:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
By 2016 >60% of the votes will go to oppos and by then a coalition gov will form and PAP under their incompetent leader LHL will become opposition unlesss a renweal of leadership take place and kick ass loong out. You cannot betray the voters after winning back the election back from Oppos and bull dozed and dispersed Hillview Est Ave voters, can you?

It is time to throw this sinkie govt out. But does sinkies have the balls to do it??? If no balls, then you bloody bunch deserve all the shit. talk so much also no use.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knew this all along. Nothing surprising here. Even the timing is just right. 5 years down the road sinkees will forget bout this.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
By 2016 >60% of the votes will go to oppos and by then a coalition gov will form and PAP under their incompetent leader LHL will become opposition unlesss a renweal of leadership take place and kick ass loong out. You cannot betray the voters after winning back the election back from Oppos and bull dozed and dispersed Hillview Est Ave voters, can you?

Overly optimistic, I think. My projection is 2026. :smile:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nanbel i keep telling you guys singaporeans got fucked long so long...now then they admit.singaporeans shake legs limkipi no jobs no income no money...nanbeh you see all the jobs taken by who! by foreign ghosts!!!...you see so many uncles an aunties, shaking legs...so many young people also shaking legs...nanbeh hunting for jobs sending in resumes and cvs all ...no reply.no interview. nanbeh went for interview got fucked by foreign managers!!!...fucked lah this cuntry!!!

prinzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haiyah, shy must tell u all so many times. From the horses mouth, Singaporean are surely daft. Dont you all get it? D A F T !!

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I got company hire 10 workers eg 5 locals 5 foreigns. Business bad I can hire only 7 now. Guess which 3 I retrench first? Of course 3 locals first. They cost more salary and got reservist making my business even worse!

Last edited:

jacobsgoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I got company hire 10 workers eg 5 locals 5 foreigns. Business bad I can hire only 7 now. Guess which 3 I retrench first? Of course 3 locals first. They cost more salary and got reservist making my business even worse!

You are right to retrench 3 locals as charity begins from home, they being locals, are nearer to home.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where Are The Men ? Girly 'Boys' Need Not Apply !

french-revolution-2.jpg

I find the whole thing about firing the local first is a very good strategy. This will convert and push more to embrace revolutionist idea. I always fear no one wanna pick up those guns. It's sooner or later. Fascism will not just go away with words alone.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Where Are The Men ? Girly 'Boys' Need Not Apply !

french-revolution-2.jpg

I find the whole thing about firing the local first is a very good strategy. This will convert and push more to embrace revolutionist idea. I always fear no one wanna pick up those guns. It's sooner or later. Fascism will not just go away with words alone.

Agree with you. For once. :biggrin: