• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Circle line software failure

independentdirect

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet the software was programmed by Indian nationals

The Circle Line's automatic train timetable scheduling system experienced a software error on Thursday, March 28 at about 8.10pm said SMRT.

Responding to queries from Channel NewsAsia after it had received several hotline calls about the incident, SMRT's vice president of corporate marketing & communications, Ms Kalai Natarajan, said the servers had to be restarted to ensure that all trains were running in accordance to their schedules.

In the meantime, some trains had to be manually driven to be positioned at the correct station platforms while others had to be driven at a slower speed or temporarily held at some stations.

The servers were restored at about 8.30pm and all trains on the Circle Line returned to their regular schedule about 20 minutes later.

Passengers on board affected trains were informed of longer travelling time via announcements.

SMRT stressed that at no point was passenger safety compromised.

SMRT said the incident caused an average of additional 20 minutes travelling time along both bounds of the Circle Line between 8.10pm and 8.50pm on Thursday.

Channel News Asia

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you guys ever travel on the trains, the display tells you you are at station x, but you are at station A? or you heading east, the display says you are heading west. I got played out once, fell asleep, heard the announcement that we are reaching my destination, to find out I am two stations before??