• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Church leader gets $500k

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xE2zoPPvnzU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xE2zoPPvnzU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry folks, digressed abit,,,,,

why did the shitty times published such "news" at the hour of the day?

why NCC only? must be trying to cover something else somewhere,,,,

still IMHO $500,000 is hell lotsa money for 1 year

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 1986, Swaggart exposed fellow Assemblies of God minister Marvin Gorman, who had been accused of having an affair with another pastor's wife, who was at the time undergoing counseling with Pastor Gorman. Some[who?] said this was done out of fear that Gorman was taking away from Swaggart's audience and donations. Gorman was based in New Orleans and was adding stations throughout the Southern region and was beginning to add stations on the West Coast and in the Northeast. Gorman was also in the planning stages for a weekday telecast. Once exposed, Gorman was defrocked from the Assemblies of God and his ministry all but ended.

The following year, Swaggart exposed fellow Assemblies Of God televangelist Jim Bakker's sexual indiscretions and appeared on Larry King Live, stating that Bakker was a "cancer in the body of Christ." Jim Bakker and the late Tammy Bakker, were at the height of the Praise the Lord Network. He and similarly-minded Baptist evangelist Jerry Falwell investigated Jim Bakker and eventually uncovered his indiscretions. In 1987, Jim Bakker's ministry was falling apart as a result. Heritage USA was bought by Morningstar Ministries in 2004 and a portion of the property has been refurbished.

As a retaliatory move, Marvin Gorman hired a private detective to follow Swaggart. The detective found Swaggart in a Louisiana motel on Airline Highway with a prostitute, Debra Murphree, and took pictures of the tryst.[8] Gorman presented Swaggart with the photos in a blackmail attempt to force Swaggart to come clean, but Swaggart refused. Gorman then presented the pictures to the presbytery leadership of the Assemblies of God, which decided that Swaggart should be suspended from broadcasting his television program for three months. The incident was heavily satirized by musician Frank Zappa in a three-song medley referred to by band members as the "Texas Motel Medley", consisting of three songs by the Beatles with the lyrics changed to reflect the events. While the Texas Motel Medley itself was never released due to copyright concerns, several references to the incident can be heard on the live albums The Best Band You Never Heard in Your Life and Broadway the Hard Way.

On February 21, 1988, without giving the details of his transgressions, Swaggart tearfully spoke to his family, congregation and audience, saying, "I have sinned against you, my Lord, and I would ask that your precious blood would wash and cleanse every stain until it is in the seas of God's forgiveness."[9] On a New Orleans morning news show four days later, Murphree stated that while Swaggart was a regular customer, they had never engaged in sexual intercourse.[10]

The Louisiana Assemblies of God initially suspended Jimmy Swaggart from the ministry for three months. The national Assemblies of God soon extended it to their standard year-long suspension for scandalous sexual immorality. Against the ruling of the national governing body of the Assemblies of God, Swaggart returned to his television pulpit after only three months. He stated, "If I do not return to the pulpit this weekend, millions of people will go to hell." Believing that Swaggart was not genuinely repentant in not submitting to their authority, the Assemblies of God immediately defrocked Swaggart, removing his credentials and ministerial license.

On October 11, 1991, Swaggart was found, for the second time, in the company of another prostitute, Rosemary Garcia,[11] when he was pulled over by the California Highway Patrol in Indio, California, for driving on the wrong side of the road. According to Garcia, Swaggart stopped to proposition her on the side of the road. When the patrolman asked Garcia why she was with Swaggart, she replied, "He asked me for sex. I mean, that's why he stopped me. That's what I do. I'm a prostitute."[12][13]Rather than confessing to his congregation, Swaggart told those at Family Worship Center that "The Lord told me it's flat none of your business."[14][15] [16]His son Donnie then announced to the stunned audience that his father would be temporarily stepping down as head of Jimmy Swaggart Ministries for "a time of healing and counseling." Donnie has since been through two divorces.

Swaggart has remained free of personal, sexual controversy since, and continues to preach at Family Worship Center.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sorry folks, digressed abit,,,,,

why did the shitty times published such "news" at the hour of the day?

why NCC only? must be trying to cover something else somewhere,,,,

still IMHO $500,000 is hell lotsa money for 1 year

Simple so that you people do not complain about the people in power, the one with the greater god's salaries...now that a man of the cloth can earn S$500,000 a year..theirs of a greater god & responsiblity should be more, 'peanuts'...'coconuts' perhaps, get the drift? the spin?:wink:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
<
object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXOEAz46vMk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXOEAz46vMk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZLV4zjfwQxY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZLV4zjfwQxY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come to think of it, now that Scroobal mentioned Capitaland and Liew in particular and their relationship with Prince, wow Liew received a $20m bonus and Prince get's a whopping salary for a pastor apart from other activities, fits like a hand in glove, similar attitudes, great relationship:rolleyes::p

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHxFB2t_dLE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHxFB2t_dLE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SF6I5VSZVqc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SF6I5VSZVqc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:rolleyes:
Come to think of it, now that Scroobal mentioned Capitaland and Liew in particular and their relationship with Prince, wow Liew received a $20m bonus and Prince get's a whopping salary for a pastor apart from other activities, fits like a hand in glove, similar attitudes, great relationship:rolleyes::p

You mean Liew gave S$2,000,000 in tithes?..wow! I am impressed:rolleyes:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey hang on there...that was not what I meant...not sure whether Liew is even a x'tian let alone a member of NCC. The relationship is a biz one between Capitaland and Rock (linked to NCC) to develop a billion dollar complex in One North. I gather NCC collected $19m in one day for this project from its members.
You mean Liew gave S$2,000,000 in tithes?..wow! I am impressed:rolleyes:

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think I disagreed with this fact Bro. I was just making my own personal differentiation. Like I said before NCC or any other entities for that matter need to abide and comply with the all the laws of the land.
Yes.

Compliance or non compliance are not issues because implementation of the law without hindrance or partisanship must first be observed and this is the issue and especially so in a society such as sg.

Take note that lying to a minister or misleading the public is a punishable, criminal offence but Durai was not charged under any one of these laws. He clearly misled the ministers and the public in terms of the number of patients the NKF had, the subsidies the patients received and how the donations were spent.

The sg society is SICK to the core. ONe cannot truly be true to say that the laws or society within or without the law will act in such a manner as to right wrongs on their own. The seeds have been sown by the pappies and watered by sinkies and then even more by the pappies.

There are rotten apples that look perfect from the outside.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SF6I5VSZVqc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SF6I5VSZVqc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

haizzzz....not say i want to say, eveyday only know how to cut from there and paste here or cut from here and paste there.....you can try and improve a bit anot?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
all these really proved what have been mentioned in the bible. i.e. Man is sinful if he tries to lived according to his wants and desires

If a tree bears poor fruit then stay away from the tree.

But you tried to protect this evil tree.

If you are not for HIM then you are against HIM.

Where do you now stand?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not protecting the evil tree. have you met the fruits? are they really bad?

i dun want to judge.

the judgement rest in God.

it's better to judge our own actions rather the others.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not protecting the evil tree. have you met the fruits? are they really bad?

i dun want to judge.

the judgement rest in God.

it's better to judge our own actions rather the others.

The fruits are in the video showing him equating giving more tithes to having more faith. The fruits are in his lifestyle and that of his wife. The fruits are in his teachings. It's all around him. The devil can mask himself well but the truth is always there is you look at things from Biblical teachings point of view.

Judgement indeed rests with God. That judgement is if one goes to Heaven. But to call a fraud a fraud or the devil the devil is not judgement. Nor is it blasphemous to call an evil person evil. You are confused between the Final Judgement which is God's call and necessary calls to warn others of satan's work.

This tree will die an eternal death. This tree is not afraid of God as it is clear as thin air thi desires money an earthly wishes for itself and as it does so it leads others astray from the true teaching of God.

There is only one TRUE teaching. There cannot be two or two and one half.

If you belong to this church or others such as this then it is your religious duty to ask that the money be used to build a hundred humble and functional churches instead of one grand palace.

It is truly simple. Why make it difficult for yourself to see the Heavens when you know the truth?

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/crdOAsBIY3A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/crdOAsBIY3A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fruits are in the video showing him equating giving more tithes to having more faith. The fruits are in his lifestyle and that of his wife. The fruits are in his teachings. It's all around him. The devil can mask himself well but the truth is always there is you look at things from Biblical teachings point of view.

Judgement indeed rests with God. That judgement is if one goes to Heaven. But to call a fraud a fraud or the devil the devil is not judgement. Nor is it blasphemous to call an evil person evil. You are confused between the Final Judgement which is God's call and necessary calls to warn others of satan's work.

This tree will die an eternal death. This tree is not afraid of God as it is clear as thin air thi desires money an earthly wishes for itself and as it does so it leads others astray from the true teaching of God.

There is only one TRUE teaching. There cannot be two or two and one half.

If you belong to this church or others such as this then it is your religious duty to ask that the money be used to build a hundred humble and functional churches instead of one grand palace.

It is truly simple. Why make it difficult for yourself to see the Heavens when you know the truth?

I find it difficult to endorse your point of view.

I do agree that there is Judgment and there is discernment. But discernment stops short of judging. All it says is that i believe you are wrong and i do not like what i see, so i will not do what you do. I have a reason for feeling this way and if called to do so, I can give my reason(s).

At any point in time, I know that I can be wrong. If I am, then I correct myself.

Joseph Prince and Kong Hee do bear good fruits. The number of christians whose lives have been changed for the better is a testimony to the fruits they bore.

The messages they gave have brought peace and hope to many. I known of a few.

On the flip side, I had also known of one whose life has been torn apart because of the constant demand for tithes and the peer group pressure he faced from his cell group. Another who felt that she is dealing with a bunch of hypocrites because the phone calls she got are not out of genuine concern but out of cell group metrics.

It must be remembered that no matter how great we are, we are still human. And if we focus on wealth, wealth in time will consume us and make us their servant. And we in turn will make others our servants. This is a danger i believe is possible.

And it is equally possible that by writing all these, i turn judgmental. Which is why i must watch after myself too.