• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese ship sinks Vietnamese boat

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So does not the UN recognize the Taiwan's constitution..

For the clueless, both PRC and ROC (under KMT) claim to represent the whole of China. Essentially, 2 political entities fighting to rule over 1 land.

That's why PRC and ROC are still technically at war.

The UN only recognises PRC as sovereign. It does not recognize ROC as a separate independent nation.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
To see Taiwan reuniting peacefully with China is tantamount to seeing Sinkie Land reuniting with Malaysia. Fat hope.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
winners is indeed a moron but cannot blame him for being born that way.
Yes, call me a moron, but at least I'm smarter than you still being bullied and taken advantaged by your Prince Loong in your Sinkie Land. You'll never beat him (and his party), even in GE 2016. Meanwhile, continue to enjoy being screwed by his party, so poor thing and still have to mingle with those smelly FTs in the MRT and buses. My last trip on a public bus in Sinkie Land was November 2010. Now, that is something you can never beat me to it as I had already planned for it some 10 years ago. So I now wonder who is even more moronic?

Furthermore, and it is precisely of people of your type that makes me even more despises Sinkies. Dare not to fight gentlemanly in an open forum, but have to resort to using back-door approach by infracting me instead. No guts lah you. People like you definitely deserved to get screwed forever by the PAP. I don't need to bother fixing you (and your family members) myself, but will just sit back and let Prince Loong to do that on my behalf, and for the looonnnng term. Ha Ha.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Then, can you explain to me why China is still talking about the reunification with Taiwan today? Isn't it a redundant process? Why also are their governments being run separately and independently? I would respect your claim above if you can logically answer to all the above.

both govts view each other as rebel with only itself the legitimate government. ROC stop wanting to reclaim the mainland 10-15 years ago because it finally dawn on them that they cannot take on the might of the PLA. it a bit the same as US civil war when south want to breakaway from the Union. The Yankees view the confederate the integral part of the Union despite the johnny reb had its own president and congress. The chinese unification process today is using peaceful negotiation instead of going to arms. PRC want to bring taiwan back to china proper without resorting to arms. BUT PRC always make it known to all parties that the CCCP reserve the right to make taiwan reunite with mainland thru military mean if taiwan play punk and declare independent.

taiwan govt, especially kmt, want to reunite with mainland thru its own terms. PRC will not allow a US stooge to be right at its door step, especially had mean to delivery nuke to beijing. fyi, ROC has around 20-30 nukes in its arsenal, that part of the reason PLA only sabre rattling only. Nobody want to be ruler of a giant parking lot.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To see Taiwan reuniting with China is tantamount to seeing Sinkie Land reuniting with Malaysia. Fat hope.

Apples and oranges.

M'sia doesn't claim sovereignty over S'pore, and S'pore doesn't claim sovereignty over M'sia. No basis for reunification.

But the Chinese Civil War has resulted in both the PRC and ROC claiming rightful rule over the whole of China, and that war has not been officially resolved. In the '50s and '60s Taiwanese schools routinely used a map showing the entire China with its pre-1947 provincial boundaries when teaching their students geography.

So the question is not if, but when, reunification will take place. And under whose terms – PRC's or ROC's?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Judging by today's aggressiveness from the PRC, definitely it'll never be on ROC's terms. So, I can only foresee it being done by force, if it ever happens.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To see Taiwan reuniting peacefully with China is tantamount to seeing Sinkie Land reuniting with Malaysia. Fat hope.

dont say not possible, nobody foresee the collapse of the iron curtain and follow by soviet union in the 80s.

i remember as a kid watching news of reagan having summit after summit with soviet leaders in the 80s, dreading end of the world by nukes.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Judging by today's aggressiveness from the PRC, definitely it'll never be on ROC's terms. So, I can only foresee it being done by force, if it ever happens.

Never say never. East and West Germany reunited without a single shot being fired.

In the long term, PRC knows that growing its economy so big that ROC's economy becomes entirely subordinate and even merged into it is the only way to peacefully edge towards reunification.

When you have nukes on both sides of the Strait, neither side really wants war.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
To even create an opportunity for Taiwan to consider a peaceful reunification with China, the latter will have to prove its governance with Hongkong first. There are already so many dissent with the Mainlanders by the Hongkongers today. They are now even contemplating to restrict the visitors from China into Hongkong.

Furthermore, China is adamant in making Shanghai the economic jewel of the Orient, not Hongkong. The Hongkongers have indeed been taken for a ride, but unfortunately, they don't have a choice due to treaty agreement by the British.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never say never. East and West Germany reunited without a single shot being fired.

That's not comparing apples to apples. East Germany was almost bankrupt with the breakup of the Soviet Union. They should appreciate that the West Germans are still willing to accept them into their stable.

In the Taiwan/China case, Taiwan today is not in the same predicament state as East Germany.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To even create an opportunity for Taiwan to consider a peaceful reunification with China, the latter will have to prove its governance with Hongkong first. There are already so many dissent with the Mainlanders by the Hongkongers today. They are now even contemplating to restrict the visitors from China into Hongkong.

Furthermore, China is adamant in making Shanghai the economic jewel of the Orient, not Hongkong. The Hongkongers have indeed been taken for a ride, but unfortunately, they don't have a choice due to treaty agreement by the British.

many ppl forgotten history, china have long history of letting a region or place "independent" as long the region ruler recognise the central govt as overlord. PRC may allow taiwan to retain its own laws and immigrantion policy, even it own military, as long they recognise Beijing as legi ruler of china.

As for hongkee taken for a ride, i disagree. stopping mainlanders from staying in HK are not view as dissent as even mainland cities prevent rural folks from settling in the cities. the hongkees are just doing the same policy as mainland cities. fyi, you cannot even drive a car which is registered in your hometown into beijing nowsaday. As long beijing dont deny the rights of learning cantonese, using cantonese as official langague, change the chinese scripts, cantonese tv/radio, money still to earn etc etc... most hongkee wont give a damn if the chinese president is a E.T.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
taiwan govt, especially kmt, want to reunite with mainland thru its own terms. PRC will not allow a US stooge to be right at its door step, especially had mean to delivery nuke to beijing. fyi, ROC has around 20-30 nukes in its arsenal, that part of the reason PLA only sabre rattling only. Nobody want to be ruler of a giant parking lot.
hahaha....ROC having nuclear weapon is not known...
can u show us the link on this subject...

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
During my last trip to Taiwan in July 2013, I was already told that a majority of their common folks are very against Ma Ying-jeou's pro-China policies. They told me that these people can still accept some form of corruption within their government, but definitely not to the extent of "selling your country away just like that".

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nuclear weapons, the Chinks definitely have lah. They already have so many nuclear reactors themselves so they can easily reuse their spent nuclear fuels. I believe the Taiwanese's military is not so stupid as not to follow suit. Taiwan is also using nuclear energy. I had driven past one of them.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During my last trip to Taiwan in July 2013, I was already told that a majority of their common folks are very against Ma Ying-jeou's pro-China policies. They told me that these people can still accept some form of corruption within their government, but definitely not to the extent of "selling your country away just like that".

it the same as here. why the common folks here suddenly so against pap? same issue, money. money not flowing down to the common folks... only the rich get richer whlie those at bottom get nothing. If pap FTrash policy benefitted the common man, ie pay raise, 80% of people earning big bucks, then nobody will give a shit for the left behind 20%.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please lah...........when in 1997, Hong Kong was returned...........returned to who? China or Taiwan?

Since both claim to own each other, but who has the legitimacy when Britain return Hong Kong?
The smelly pussy Margaret Thatcher wanted to dictate terms with China before the handover but after the meeting, fell on the steps of don't know what building she went to meet the China officials. What an arrogant smelly abalone, trying to intimidate China even when 1997 is due for the return of Hong Kong. Just like our CPF, a contractual promise made to allow full withdrawal at age 55, now so many excuses not to do so.