• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese 'sex diary' official sentenced to 13 years in prison

K

Kenshin Uesugi

Chinese 'sex diary' official sentenced to 13 years in prison

A Chinese government official, who was embarrassed by the publication of a diary in which he chronicled his sexual escapades, has been sentenced to 13 years in prison.

feet_1785705c.jpg

Mr Han used his bribe-money to finance a louche lifestyle revolving around women, alcohol and the purchase of the latest gadgets Photo: GETTY IMAGES

By Malcolm Moore, Shanghai 7:00AM GMT 15 Dec 2010

Han Feng, the 47-year-old head of the sales department of the state-run Tobacco monopoly in Guangxi province, was found guilty of taking 695,000 yuan of bribes over a ten year period.

As well as 13 years in prison, he was given a 100,000 yuan fine and the Intermediate Court in Nanning city said it had been lenient on him because he had voluntarily paid back some of the stolen money.

Mr Han used his bribe-money to finance a louche lifestyle revolving around women, alcohol and the purchase of the latest gadgets. In a diary that was eventually published on the internet, Mr Han described five months of juggling his relationships, playing with his latest mobile phone, and occasionally popping into the office.

January 15, 2008 was one typical day: "Tuesday (6 to 8 drizzling): Drank red wine with Dong Wen and Li Xianggui in the morning. Wu Changzhou came over at lunch to drink white wine. Drank a lot. Returned to Nanning after 2pm. Got my stuff and returned to Laibin. Ate dinner with the marketing people. Went to sing karaoke. Drank a lot more."

On a number of days, the sole entry in his diary is: "Spent all day home, playing with [a new] mobile phone".

In one entry, he recorded receiving two bottles of Chinese maotai spirits and 50,000 yuan in cash. "I put 30,000 yuan in the bank, and took the other 20,000 yuan home," he wrote.

As he summed up his year at the end of 2007, Mr Han appeared content and happy with life. "This is the year in which my work has gone more smoothly than ever," he wrote.

"The company is growing. The mid-level cadres have worked hard to understand my goals. My authority has grown [...] As for romance, Xiao Pan is hooked, Miss Tan is now a regular, and Miss Mo is in the queue.

"This year I had abundant romantic encounters but when there are too many women, I have to pay attention to my health," he added. The discovery of the diary led to Mr Han's dismissal and then arrest. It is unclear whether he will appeal the sentence.