• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese rickshaw driver with high school quali, became university professor...

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
all these are empty words if u cant show us that the meaning from reading chinese classic in dialect and the meaning from reading chinese classic in mandarin, there's a difference between them.

if u cant show it, then please have some basic decency: stop spewing nonsense, stop bad mouthing mandarin.

if u cant show it, that means there are no difference in meaning between reading chinese classic in mandarin or dialect. mandarin can connect to chinese classic written thousands of years ago just like dialect. so mandarin can connect to chinese culture 3000 years ago, not just 300 years.

i already did gave you a solid example from shijing which you have no reply .... Old Chinese expressions like 窈窕 or 逃之夭夭 cannot be used with other modern mandarin words. they are only phonetic expressions.... mandarin is a language from 1600s, it can only be used as a translitration for a 3000 yr old language like old chinese.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i already did gave you a solid example from shijing which you have no reply .... Old Chinese expressions like 窈窕 or 逃之夭夭 cannot be used with other modern mandarin words. they are only phonetic expressions.... mandarin is a language from 1600s, it can only be used as a translitration for a 3000 yr old language like old chinese.

You have not yet answer my question.

And about those old Chinese expressions, assuming you are right that it cant be use with other modern mandarin words. But could it be use with dialect words?? Yes or no? If it cant be use with dialect too, then what is your point then??

hiddentalent

Alfrescian
Loyal

for an example of how old chinese sound lie, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxhdW2yB-iQ&feature=channel_page.
for example of middle chinese , go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xI_cJDIgr4&feature=related

Wow. This really opened my eyes man. orz. Although my chinese sucks, I've this suspicion that mandarin is just another dialect, contrary to the position of PRC and SG govt who had political motivations to lie over this.

I've had arguments with people whose chinese is way better than mine on this issue. (including teachers of the language)

Btw old chinese really sounds like thai... lol.

hiddentalent

Alfrescian
Loyal
you may want to check out the little big ego cunt demonstrating his "Superiority" in knowledge of Chinese culture with his lancheowman3 nic in the below link..

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=18448&page=50&highlight=Inchwmn3

Well... The internet is truly amazing. You can assume the identity of anybody in another forum. We have plenty of Lee Kuan Yew wannabes here. I guess he's quite the role model, but his style is not for me.

Anyway, I tend to pay attention to only what has been written, and not rely on other people's opinion, or supposed reputation.

I mean after reading pages and pages of rather vivid descriptions of another poster's parents supposed deviant behavior gets a little boring after awhile, don't you say?

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have not yet answer my question.

And about those old Chinese expressions, assuming you are right that it cant be use with other modern mandarin words. But could it be use with dialect words?? Yes or no? If it cant be use with dialect too, then what is your point then??

:smile::biggrin: char jig kar, you dun even know chinese, now you want to talk about dialects, give uncle a dialect word, then uncle will show you where you went wrong again:smile::biggrin:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow. This really opened my eyes man. orz. Although my chinese sucks, I've this suspicion that mandarin is just another dialect, contrary to the position of PRC and SG govt who had political motivations to lie over this.

I've had arguments with people whose chinese is way better than mine on this issue. (including teachers of the language)

Btw old chinese really sounds like thai... lol.

bascially, the original chinese people were a split off from the tibetan stock. Burmese were also a later split off from the tibetan stock. so old chinese would sound like tibetan and also burmese.

the change from incomprehensible,tibetan old chinese to a more familiar and dialect- sounding middle chinese happened around the time of the sui and tang dynasty in the 600s AD. that was after 300 years of fragmentation. basically, the han dynasty came to an end in the 200s AD. the 3 kingdoms era followed but lasted barely 80 years. the succeeding jin dynasty held the country together for another 50 years and then northern china was basically swept aside by the "Hu" or barbarian ppls. the jin dynasty and much of the original chinese population fled south across the yangtze and establish the eastern jin dynasty.

these includes the xiongnu, the xianbei, the qiang, di and other steppe peoples.between 300s to 600s AD, china was splitted into 16 or more kingdoms of differnet ethnicity. by the 500s, there were only two kingdoms; one in the north which was a xianbei or barbarian dynasty and one in south which was a chinese dynasty. the nca me reunification under the sui and then the tang

all of these Hu peoples have totally assimilated into the chinese stock today. the influence of the languages and cultures of these Hu ppl changed the spoken chinese tongue forever.

BTw, Li Shimin (the most highly-rated emperor in chiense history) of the tang dynasty was half chinese and half xianbei (mother)

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
:smile::biggrin: char jig kar, you dun even know chinese, now you want to talk about dialects, give uncle a dialect word, then uncle will show you where you went wrong again:smile::biggrin:

Answering my question with another question? Nice try. Just stop wasting my time if u cant answer any of my questions.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal

hiao cheebye pondan II aka lnchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame aka mudskipper, your arsehole in lieu of a cheebye had recovered from the tearing by my monstrous cock issit? poor kid, you shouild check with your mother before fooling around with Daddy here!...lol....lol

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
haizzz...small boy, got liao means got liao, dun have menas dun have.... not say i want to say....use of foul deviant language cannot hide your inferiority one

What inferiority? My monstrous cock or your tight arse in lieu of a cheebye. suck on my cock Cheebye Mouth!

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
hiao cheebye pondan II aka lnchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame aka mudskipper, your arsehole in lieu of a cheebye had recovered from the tearing by my monstrous cock issit? poor kid, you shouild check with your mother before fooling around with Daddy here!...lol....lol

find your little ku ku jiao first... then try to make it stand before you talk...ku kujiao cannot stand talk also no use

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
What inferiority? My monstrous cock or your tight arse in lieu of a cheebye. suck on my cock Cheebye Mouth!

the little microssopic ku ku jiao that can only be used to fuck char jig kar nasal hole...thats why the two of you wounded kids have to stick together ..... like dat also good, uncle can teach both of you at the same time

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
find your little ku ku jiao first... then try to make it stand before you talk...ku kujiao cannot stand talk also no use

Cannot stand ? then why you enjoy sucking my monstrous cock again and again, Cheebye Mouth? Where is your answer to my question of which Guard unit you claim to be from? Were you the famous Co fluff boy?...lol...lol