• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese man builds Noah's Ark to survive Mayan Doomsday

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese man spends £100k building own Noah's Ark to survive 'doomsday'
Updated: 28 Nov 2012

Noahs_Ark_a15dc.jpg

Race for survival: One Chinese man is so convinced the world will end next month he is building his very own Noah's Ark (pictured)

Lu_Zhenghai_ddc67.jpg

Not quite biblical proportions: The vessel measures 21.2m long, 15.5m wide, 5.6m high and displaces about 140 tons of water

Work in progress: Lu, from Urumqi, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, admits it's not much to look at, but is confident it will serve its purpose

No, God didn't reveal himself to this Chinese man in a vision.

But it seems Lu Zhenghai has been reading about the Mayan prophecy that predicts the end of the world on December 21.

He is so afraid of the rumours he has spent his whole life savings trying to build his very own apocalypse-proof 'Noah's Ark'.

The vessel, which has cost him ¥1million (£100,000), measures 21.2m long, 15.5m wide, 5.6m high and displaces about 140 tons of water.

Lu, from Urumqi, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, admits it's not much to look at, but is confident it will serve its purpose.

Scientists and researchers are going out of their way to assure people that December 21, 2012, the so-called Mayan end-date, will not bring about the end of the world.

But that hasn't stopped some from ploughing on with their own safety measures regardless.

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A fool and his money soon parted.

Next year when doomsday didn't come, he will probably make his own doomsday by committing suicide cos he is so broke after spending all his money building that stupid boat which goes nowhere.

SecurityGUARD

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people need to lose their life savings to learn life's lessons. The logic is that if the world is doomed, then why even bother to save oneself? It'll be lonely.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some people need to lose their life savings to learn life's lessons. The logic is that if the world is doomed, then why even bother to save oneself? It'll be lonely.

Maybe he want to be Adam and hope to find 7 Eves to making tens of babies and start his own cult religion.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is it just me who finds the hull to be somewhat flat?

2 storey structure with a flat hull doesn't sound very safe......

Plus that guy is from Urumuqi - that's in the middle of the fucking Gobi Desert.. have they even seen the ocean before?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
should be safe in Xinjiang mah........................kum gong...................

or move to Tibet lah, higher mah......................never watch 2012 lah....................

SecurityGUARD

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe he want to be Adam and hope to find 7 Eves to making tens of babies and start his own cult religion.

That reminds me of Noah and his ark, until now still considered only a fable not to take literally because how to account for all the pairs of animals he put in the ark? Just plain dumb, like reading a fairy tale and this Chinese dumbo has to be out of his mind to believe in such crap.

SecurityGUARD

Alfrescian
Loyal

Plus that guy is from Urumuqi - that's in the middle of the fucking Gobi Desert.. have they even seen the ocean before?

Yalor, what is he thinking spending such money, should have just blow all off on some Urumuqi women.

SecurityGUARD

Alfrescian
Loyal
should be safe in Xinjiang mah........................kum gong...................

or move to Tibet lah, higher mah......................never watch 2012 lah....................

He's thinking of pole shift, I guess. If I'm not mistaken, the Mayan prophesy and other similar planet-X niberu scenarios, they do talk about the pole shift. So, the Gobi desert becomes an ocean and Tibet is flooded.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Right, hull looks weird, should have bought a ready make commercial barge with that money.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
No hull, too flat bottom. It won't work in a flood of any sort.
Anyway, a flood will come to Singapore if a big enough object hits earth. Those who live below 10 floors will kena direct.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No hull, too flat bottom. It won't work in a flood of any sort.
Anyway, a flood will come to Singapore if a big enough object hits earth. Those who live below 10 floors will kena direct.

It is more of a barge, and it will float provided the ballast are place in the correct place.

Barges - GlobalSecurity.org - Reliable Security Information
Barges are flat -bottomed vessels www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/barge.htm

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

No, it was built based on the sea of sand he is use to be seeing !

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does not look sea worthy. He should have hired lamparghini car builder guy to design it more aerodynamic and stealthy.