• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese fugitives escape to Singapore

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Chinese fugitives escape to Singapore
Lianhe Wanbao - 2 hrs 49 mins ago

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">(Pic / Internet)</cite>
A family of four Chinese nationals has escaped to Singapore and is being sought by their "victims" back in Hubei, China. Their victims have lodged a police report in China and the husband and wife duo have been classified as fugitives. The four, a couple and their two children, allegedly owe debts of about S$13 million to banks, and more than ten relatives and friends.

The husband, a physics teacher in a local middle school had borrowed the sum to help her wife start a factory. But the wife's company went bankrupt even before the factory could open. At that point, the man took his wife and children and left the country. They even left a letter for their creditors, stating, "I'll pay up if I have the money. If I don't, I'll pay in my next life!"

A netizen posted the photos of the family online two days ago, alleging that the four had left the country six months ago after borrowing large sums from relatives and friends. The netizen was revealed to be a female teacher and a colleague of the physics teacher. According to her, the man had borrowed money from 14 teachers in the school.

The teacher said she received a photocopied letter from the man a week ago, saying that he could not repay his debts and so he was running away. In his letter, he said, "By the time you read this, I am already a fugitive on the run. The next time we meet will be when I repay your debt. I will contact you if I have the money! If not, I will repay you in the next life! I beg your forgiveness".

After reading the letter, the teacher went to the man's home immediately and found 13 more colleagues at his door. They found the house empty. The group took out their IOUs to compare and discovered their colleague owed them a total of S$450,000. Police investigation further revealed that the couple owe S$13 million altogether before absconding.

Source: Lianhe Wanbao, 3 September 2011.