• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China SMRT Bus Drivers ( 4 Ex . ) Granted Bail

M

Mdm Tang

SINGAPORE: The four ex-SMRT drivers from China who have been charged with instigating an illegal strike have been granted bail on Thursday.

He Jun Ling, who faces two charges of inciting SMRT drivers to take part in the strike on 26 and 27 November, was granted bail of S$20,000. His passport will have to be impounded.

According to court documents, He, 32, also made an online post about the strike on Chinese website Baidu, allegedly asking other workers to go on MC together.

Gao Yue Qiang, 32, Wang Xian Jie, 39 and Liu Xiang Ying, 33, were granted bail of S$10,000 each. Their passports will have to be impounded.

In response to a question from District Judge May Lucius Mesenas, the four accused said they're not able to raise the money.

Two officials from the Chinese embassy were present in court.

- CNA/ck

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121206_125408_st_smrt.jpg

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. wow!
2. from the pic, those are really hardcore chins:biggrin:
3. as long as no taxpayers' monies are used as bail monies.
4. i am fine with the bail.

M

Mdm Tang

The four SMRT drivers from China charged with instigating last week's strike, have been granted bail.

It is not clear, however, if they will be able to raise the funds to get out of remand before the case against them is mentioned again in court next Wednesday.

Gao Yue Qiang, 32, Liu Xiangying, 33, and Wang Xianjie, 39, have been granted bail of $10,000, while He Jun Ling, 32, who faces a second charge of inciting the strike needs to raise $20,000.

All four have indicated in court that they wish to engage lawyers to represent them, although a Chinese Embassy official told The Straits Times late Wednesday night that legal representation for the men has been arranged.

Clockwise from top left: SMRT bus drivers from China: He Jun Ling, Liu Xiang Ying,*Gao Yue Qiang and Wang Xianjie. Gao, Liu and Wang, have been granted bail of $10,000, while He, who faces a second charge of inciting the strike needs to raise $20,000. -- PHOTOS: ZAOBAO, CAROLINE CHIA

M

Mdm Tang

hi there

1. wow!
2. from the pic, those are really hardcore chins:biggrin:
3. as long as no taxpayers' monies are used as bail monies.
4. i am fine with the bail.

ST reported there are Lawyers ready to do for free .

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kangaroo court bowing to PRC pressure :p

The first one jailed was to test water. Now buying time and waiting for the heat to cool down.
Fuck the PAP, no fucking balls when dealing with FTs....the remaining 4 would not have seen sunlight if they were Singaporeans.

M

Mdm Tang

ST Pg B4

illegal bus strike : Lawyers engaged for four accused.

Chinese Embassy helped arrange the lawyers, who will act on pro bono basis .

Started with lawyer Gloria James who later roped in 3 more lawyers ( Steven Lam incl )

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST Pg B4

Started with lawyer Gloria James who later roped in 3 more lawyers ( Steven Lam incl )

Hope they get the best and tear SMRT and PAP aka our gov apart

M

Mdm Tang

Bros ,

got info on lawyers : 1) Gloria James and Steven Lam and the other 2 ?

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST Pg B4

Since PRC govt is involved, I cannot send any of those lawyers to IMH, but I'll note their names for future reference.

My firm is also interested in PRC business and I can't afford to offend their govt. Nor can I afford to offend the PAP. What a conundrum!

I believe in rule BY law and not rule OF law - better to act against my conscience when my personal monetary interests dictate.

Last edited:
M

Mdm Tang

Wahahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like your Avartar !!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since PRC govt is involved, I cannot send any of those lawyers to IMH, but I'll note their names for future reference.

My firm is also interested in PRC business and I can't often to offend their govt. Nor can I offend to offend the PAP. What a conundrum!

M

Mdm Tang

My firm is also interested in PRC business and I can't afford to offend their govt. Nor can I afford to offend the PAP. What a conundrum!

I believe in rule BY law and not rule OF law - better to act against my conscience when my personal monetary interests dictate.

Snr Counsel Bro Wong , can share some light on the 4 lawyers ??? Kamsia.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like your Avartar !!! LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the compliment. It is my personal photograph. Women like older men - more mature = more sexy. Like Sean Connery.

We should meet up sometime for coffee.