• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China sends ships to islands disputed with Japan: Xinhua

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sir I like your reply.It is very well done - sensible, polite and convincing.How I wish other forumers post like you.Thank you Sir.

Thanks for your kind words. I was just speaking as it is, without any baggage.

Except for race, I have no alignment like some bros have with their origin from Taiwan or Hongkong or PRC. None of my family members had been killed or tortured in the War, although many in our country have and that is the shared history of this country.

I have no problem with my second language and don't have misgiving about having to learn something that I don't like. I am also lucky to be able to live comfortably in this country even though not from the privileged elite class and do not hanker for emigration to a first world country. Therefore no need for me to adopt a first world view of things. Likewise all my children are well adjusted, can cope and not disadvantaged or left behind in any way.

I can still understand the struggle developing countries have to go through while moving up the ladder of growth and how developed countries have also to strive to remain there. And like any modern concerned citizen, I long for greater democracy as I think that is the best way to solve issues of the day. As I said earlier. I just say it as it is.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
High time to flex its new found muscle......... blast Jappon off the face of earth... afterall the millions of Chinese killed for NO good reasons during the World Wars; pilages & rapes have not been settled as we still see the descendants of those perpetrators still worshipping the killer n criminals in Yakusuni Shrine (temple?? what sort izzit which harbour warped souls?).

during the war, for every Japanese the Chinese Communist claimed to have killed, the Communist killed at least 5 Chinese. ( Dr Lin Yutang, vigil of a nation )

Rev Raymond J. De Jaegher who lived under Japanese and Communist occupied areas throughout the long war described Communist rule as living hell. he personally witnessed many Chinese killed for no reason as the Communist enforced totalitarianism control in it's areas.

many PRC Chinese still hate the Japanese for ww2 but those people should also take a long hard look at the true self of the Chinese Communist Party and what they really did during the war years.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
ROFL at you the king of idiots telling me how a mod should act. Have you ever seen someone of higher power up there listening to someone lower down the rung? You would be the last molecule on earth to ever tell me how i should act. Anyway i won't be taking no abuse from the lowly likes of you. The way you're putting it it's like i should be smiling at you while you pile on the abuse on me. Sorry nobody would tolerate this. Sam wouldn't take it nor would most of the mods. I just find it laughable you had to use wuqi as an example. Why not use sam instead? Oh yeah cos sam would fuck you up and ban you in an instant.

You fucking bastard CCB. Go fuck your own mother lah and give birth to a bastard thereafter. If you have the power (and I said if), go ahead and persuade Sam to ban me. It won't cost me an ounce of flesh. Sam should be ashamed of having such kind of moderators. Bloody fucking working class bastard and still want to boast here.

Last edited:

votepapout

Alfrescian
Loyal
whine and laugh when China is giving weather forcast to the Diaoyus. But you will complain and bash China when it uses real military muscles to take the islands back. What you dont understand is that this crisis is an ideal opportunity for China to unite its people aorind the government (just like the Olympics and the Sichuan earth quake did). Even the vast majority of overseas Chinese who often are critical of China on various issues, such as myself, are absolutely behind the country when it comes to the Diaoyus. The Japanese, and their US daddy behind them, will make a strategic blunder if they continue down this path. At this point, the Chinese government shouldnt worry whether the PLA might lose the fight….they need to worry if they actually DONT do anything substantive. China needs to show real resolve, and this counts in any struggle.
Otherwise, Beijing will only validate the growing impression that China is rule by a bunch of old eunuchs hiding behind the gates of Zhongnanhai, better at fighting amongst themselves than defending the country’s core interests. Yes, the Diaoyus have be raised to the level of “Core Interest”, like Taiwan and Tibet. It’s serious.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You fucking bastard CCB. Go fuck your own mother lah and give birth to a bastard thereafter. If you have the power (and I said if), go ahead and persuade Sam to ban me. It won't cost me an ounce of flesh. Sam should be ashamed of having such kind of moderators. Bloody fucking working class bastard and still want to boast here.

I wonder if you are television. This moron has been using multiple nicks to stalk ppl. You sure are an annoying cunt.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if you are television. This moron has been using multiple nicks to stalk ppl. You sure are an annoying cunt.

Multiple nicks? You are a bastard moderator who doesn't even know what's going on. I'd never have multiple nicks and I don't need to. If I should get banned, I'll just leave this forum for good. No need to whine about it. Like I've told Sam before, I don't give a damned to points, number of posts nor power.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Otherwise, Beijing will only validate the growing impression that China is rule by a bunch of old eunuchs hiding behind the gates of Zhongnanhai, better at fighting amongst themselves than defending the country’s core interests. Yes, the Diaoyus have be raised to the level of “Core Interest”, like Taiwan and Tibet. It’s serious.

Senkaku/Diaoyu islands sovereignty are symbolic to the leaders and nationalist of China/Japan. cannot lose face.
Japan had controlled the islands for 40 years, what have they gained from it?

the Chinese still remember those treaties with the Russian in the 1990s, how much lands they lost?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Senkaku/Diaoyu islands sovereignty are symbolic to the leaders and nationalist of China/Japan. cannot lose face.
Japan had controlled the islands for 40 years, what have they gained from it?

the Chinese still remember those treaties with the Russian in the 1990s, how much lands they lost?

u mean the 1890s during the Tsarist Russia?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

We don't have to duel on this further in this thread as I don't want to trouble Raiders having to come here again to intervene. If you can prove that you are that capable as a moderator, persuade Sam to ban me. Otherwise, it only proves that you are nothing more than an empty shell moderator. Sam should be glad that this thread had garnered almost 3,000 views as of now.

I have always respected Wuqi256's posts and especially the mature and professional way he resolves conflicts in the forum, unlike you........ If you want to continue this fucking, look me up at the appropriate thread.

Last edited:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u mean the 1890s during the Tsarist Russia?

they did some land-exchange from the 1990s to 2004. it started when PRC renounced sovereignty of the "64 villages east of the river" which ROC always claimed as Chinese territory. the Manchurian border dispute was finally resolved in 2004.

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]China to protect territorial waters[/h]
The State Oceanic Administration has issued regulations in order to protect the country’s maritime sovereignty. The law defines the scope of China’s territorial waters that will be covered, including waters off the Diaoyu Islands and its affiliated islets, in the East China Sea.

The base points and baselines of the Diaoyu Islands were just announced on Monday, after the Japanese government bought the islands from a private Japanese owner.

Entry into the defined waters around the islands by the Japanese Coast Guard or Japan’s Self-Defense Forces will be regarded as an intrusion into China’s territorial waters.

China also launched its first marine forecast service on Tuesday for the islands and surrounding waters. The SOA said that the service is vital for safeguarding China’s maritime rights and interests as well as protecting the safety of fishermen, fishing boats and ocean patrol ships in the area. Two China Marine Surveillance patrol ships have reached waters around the islands. China also announced plans to implement normal surveillance and monitoring patrols of the islands.

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]Commentary: U.S. seems unusually ignorant about history of Diaoyu Islands[/h]
by Wu Liming
BEIJING, Sept. 12 (Xinhua) -- While the diplomatic standoff between Beijing and Tokyo simmers following Japan's farce to buy China's Diaoyu Islands, the United Stateshas kept unusually silent concerning the true history of the territory.
Even if Washington deliberately neglects the fact that the Diaoyu Islands were first discovered and named by the Chinese, it has no excuse to deny that it does know the history of the islands after the Second World War.

The reason is simple because the United States is one of the parties that played a key role in the evolution of the issue.
After the end of World War II, China recovered territory invaded and occupied by Japan - including Taiwan and the Penghu Islands - in accordance with the Cairo Declaration and the Potsdam Proclamation, which the United States had approved.

According to international law, the Diaoyu Islands have already been returned to China.
In other words, returning the islands to China is a post-war arrangement made by major powers, including the United States itself.
However, what Japan is presently doing is an outright denial of the outcome of the victory of the world anti-Fascist war, which constitutes a grave challenge to the post-war international order.

It is undeniable that America has made great contributions to the war victory. But as a major player in establishing the post-war international order, Washington should shoulder the responsibility to prevent Japan from changing it.
Americans must have been quite clear about the illegal and arbitrary reversion of the Diaoyu Islands to Japan. It is not difficult for U.S. officials and independent media to find relevant original documents in American diplomatic files.

In 1951, the Treaty of San Francisco, partial in nature, placed the Ryukyu Islands (known as Okinawa today) under the trusteeship of the United States.
In 1953, the United States Civil Administration of the Ryukyu Islands arbitrarily expanded its jurisdiction to include the Diaoyu Islands, which are in fact Chinese territory.

In 1971, the Okinawa Reversion Agreement signed by Japan and the United States arbitrarily included the islands in the territories and territorial waters to be reverted to Japan.

Those were backroom deals between Tokyo and Washington, agreements that China firmly opposed and never acknowledged from the beginning.
Facts are facts, and history can't be reversed. If the United States truly is a responsible international player, it should tell the world the truth about the evolution of the Diaoyu Islands issue.

Unfortunately, the United States contradicts itself in its position regarding the islands and even goes so far as to support Japan in its provocations against China.
For one thing, the U.S. State Department stated the islands are under the administrative control of the Japanese government, and that they fall under the scope of the U.S.-Japan security treaty.

For another, Washington claims it does not take a position on the ultimate sovereignty of the islands.
Washington apparently is clear that openly supporting Japan would damage the image of a world leader that it has been pursuing.
No wonder, then, that when U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clintonmet with Japanese leaders earlier this week, she made empty talk about the islands, only giving a hint for Tokyo to continue its confrontation with China.

The United States seemingly is playing the old trick of "divide and rule," attempting to play a bigger role when the western Pacific is in turmoil.
In short, the action fits with the American strategy of "pivot to Asia," a strategic shift that experts say won't solve Asia's problems and instead may add to uncertainty in the region.

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]China: Japan should immediately return to dialogue[/h]

China has reiterated its firm stance on safeguarding its sovereignty over the Diaoyu islands. Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei has briefed the media on talks with a senior Japanese Foreign Ministry official. Hong Lei also called for Japan to immediately return to dialogue, saying the current tension is down to the irresponsible move by the Japanese side.
Hong Lei, Spokesman, Chinese Foreign Ministry, said, "The director-general of Japanese Foreign Ministry's Asian and Oceania Affairs Bureau, Shinsuke Sugiyama, is currently in China for a working visit. China has fully elaborated to him our firm stance concerning the Diaoyu Islands. We have asked the Japanese side to immediately drop its decision to ’purchase’ the islands. The move is both illegal and invalid. We strongly urge the Japanese side to stop making mistakes repeatedly, and immediately halt any move that violates China's sovereignty. Japan should return to the existing consensus and dialogue framework between the two sides. We will take necessary measures according to how the situation develops. China’s surveillance ships will continue their law enforcement activities in China’s sovereign waters."

History proves that Diaoyu Islands belong to China:

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
China have no choice but to ramp up. These purchase agreements are documents used later in international courts. So if Tokyo makes a claim China have to make counter claim or else it will be looked upon as agreeing that Tokyo have right to buy the islands. So look to more weather reports - naming of maps, etc.

Rakyat

Alfrescian
Loyal
China have no choice but to ramp up. These purchase agreements are documents used later in international courts. So if Tokyo makes a claim China have to make counter claim or else it will be looked upon as agreeing that Tokyo have right to buy the islands. So look to more weather reports - naming of maps, etc.

The Tuesday forecast said the average wave height in the waters surrounding the Diaoyu Islands will be about 1 m in the coming 24 hours and the average water temperature will be about 28.3 C.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every Dog Has Its Day

faab9ed2df23f0d212439b6515c938a8.jpg

Japan is a very sad story. After being an economic superpower in the 80's and 90's, the Japan today has been supplanted by Korea in consumer electronics, lost its domination in the automotive industry and the economy has stagnated for the last decade and more.

Much of the private reserves have been absorbed into the Australian money and capital markets as yen carried trade. When the anomaly of the currency and interest rates normalizes many will lose substantially on their savings. Japan will become just a backwater country in one corner of Asia.

I loved Japanese goods when they dominated the world market. But today they might not even be considered as a second set.

Every dog has its day

something that you say which means that everyone is successful during some period in their life He'll get that promotion eventually. Every dog has its day.

别怕!每个人都有机会的。时来运转,吗。

Sometimes, I find the late Saddam was a poor fella who thought he was like the great King Nebuchadnezzar of the ancient Babylonian Empire. How long was that ? Fwah ! Velly long ah. The Iraqis are probably wanting to find another breakthrough. It's all nothing but vanity and pride ? :confused:

scan0026_tif.jpg

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]Commentary: U.S. seems unusually ignorant about history of Diaoyu Islands[/h]
by Wu Liming
BEIJING, Sept. 12 (Xinhua) -- While the diplomatic standoff between Beijing and Tokyo simmers following Japan's farce to buy China's Diaoyu Islands, the United Stateshas kept unusually silent concerning the true history of the territory.
Even if Washington deliberately neglects the fact that the Diaoyu Islands were first discovered and named by the Chinese, it has no excuse to deny that it does know the history of the islands after the Second World War.

The reason is simple because the United States is one of the parties that played a key role in the evolution of the issue.
After the end of World War II, China recovered territory invaded and occupied by Japan - including Taiwan and the Penghu Islands - in accordance with the Cairo Declaration and the Potsdam Proclamation, which the United States had approved.

According to international law, the Diaoyu Islands have already been returned to China.
In other words, returning the islands to China is a post-war arrangement made by major powers, including the United States itself.
However, what Japan is presently doing is an outright denial of the outcome of the victory of the world anti-Fascist war, which constitutes a grave challenge to the post-war international order.

It is undeniable that America has made great contributions to the war victory. But as a major player in establishing the post-war international order, Washington should shoulder the responsibility to prevent Japan from changing it.
Americans must have been quite clear about the illegal and arbitrary reversion of the Diaoyu Islands to Japan. It is not difficult for U.S. officials and independent media to find relevant original documents in American diplomatic files.

In 1951, the Treaty of San Francisco, partial in nature, placed the Ryukyu Islands (known as Okinawa today) under the trusteeship of the United States.
In 1953, the United States Civil Administration of the Ryukyu Islands arbitrarily expanded its jurisdiction to include the Diaoyu Islands, which are in fact Chinese territory.

In 1971, the Okinawa Reversion Agreement signed by Japan and the United States arbitrarily included the islands in the territories and territorial waters to be reverted to Japan.

Those were backroom deals between Tokyo and Washington, agreements that China firmly opposed and never acknowledged from the beginning.
Facts are facts, and history can't be reversed. If the United States truly is a responsible international player, it should tell the world the truth about the evolution of the Diaoyu Islands issue.

Unfortunately, the United States contradicts itself in its position regarding the islands and even goes so far as to support Japan in its provocations against China.
For one thing, the U.S. State Department stated the islands are under the administrative control of the Japanese government, and that they fall under the scope of the U.S.-Japan security treaty.

For another, Washington claims it does not take a position on the ultimate sovereignty of the islands.
Washington apparently is clear that openly supporting Japan would damage the image of a world leader that it has been pursuing.
No wonder, then, that when U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clintonmet with Japanese leaders earlier this week, she made empty talk about the islands, only giving a hint for Tokyo to continue its confrontation with China.

The United States seemingly is playing the old trick of "divide and rule," attempting to play a bigger role when the western Pacific is in turmoil.
In short, the action fits with the American strategy of "pivot to Asia," a strategic shift that experts say won't solve Asia's problems and instead may add to uncertainty in the region.

Return to which China?Communist China or People's Republic Of China?

Peiweh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japan is a very sad story. After being an economic superpower in the 80's and 90's, the Japan today has been supplanted by Korea in consumer electronics, lost its domination in the automotive industry and the economy has stagnated for the last decade and more.

Much of the private reserves have been absorbed into the Australian money and capital markets as yen carried trade. When the anomaly of the currency and interest rates normalizes many will lose substantially on their savings. Japan will become just a backwater country in one corner of Asia.

I loved Japanese goods when they dominated the world market. But today they might not even be considered as a second set.

I find your comments quite humorous. Since the Toyota Corolla is the world's best selling car in 2012 and the Prius and Camry are in the top 10, I dont see any Korean brands coming close. So please explain your comments on loss on Japanese Auto dominance? I dont think you understand the global automotive market.

If the Koreans are selling more Samsung mobile phones this means the Japanese export machine is broken? Are you serious?

If Japanese housewives search for yield at the expense of Australia's RBA how does this translate into Japan becoming a "backwater country"???? And with the US Fed on hold until 2015 - when exactly will this "anomaly of the currency and interest rates normalizes" - when the Western baby boomers all die and the next generation of Americans who are now children begin to spend again? When the Chinese begin to consume in 2025?

Really, you are quite funny.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Multiple nicks? You are a bastard moderator who doesn't even know what's going on. I'd never have multiple nicks and I don't need to. If I should get banned, I'll just leave this forum for good. No need to whine about it. Like I've told Sam before, I don't give a damned to points, number of posts nor power.

You really do sound like television. Look at you editing your post that has a few sentences in it. Psycho83 aka television used to edit his posts all the time. If you didn't give a damn about pts, power and all that shit then the more you shouldn't be telling me about my mod status. Like i'm supposed to listen to you and mind you you were the one that started it by appearing out of nowhere to flame me. Also don't spam with multiple replies why didn't you edit your last reply but add in a new post you troll.