• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China plans to build Kra Canal..end of Sinkapoor is near.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because the Singapore government allowed the USA government to station its military assets and ships here in Singapore to try to help the USA government to try to contain China and choke off oil supply to China so obviously China had to do something to counter Singapore and cause Singapore to collapse as a lesson to Singapore not to be a boot licker of the USA government.

So now China is making a canal through Thailand to by pass and divert all shipping from Singapore.

Having the canal will shift the regional center of gravity northward from sinkieland.

I would have done the same if I am Chinese leader and wonder what takes china so long to decide? I may not build this canal to make money but it serve my strategic interests and security of supply line. Proceeds from tolls is just a small offset to fund my long term security needs.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My take on the Kra Canel is this, if the Ah tiongs want to build it, it has to be a' free flow' or 'expressway' like canel river where by ships can go in straight and no queuing etc.

If you look at the Panama and Suez canel, ships have to wait on 1 end to transit the interlocks, and I heard the waiting time is a week to a month or more (experts pls confirm this). However to go around will take months,, so even factor in the waiting time, its still more efficient to use these canels. For this Kra Canel, at most you save a week travelling time by going around the straits of Malacca,,,all that effort to save a week by ship? abit ridiculous,

Also dont forget Singkielands trump card,,,that our oil refinery, ships still come here and still have to come here to get refined oil products,,,,so there is minimal reason to use the Kra Canel,,,at the moment,,

In future maybe ah tiong land might have a better oil refinery,,,but by than demand for oil will increase more mitigating any increase capacity,,,just my rants..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My take on the Kra Canel is this, if the Ah tiongs want to build it, it has to be a' free flow' or 'expressway' like canel river where by ships can go in straight and no queuing etc.

If you look at the Panama and Suez canel, ships have to wait on 1 end to transit the interlocks, and I heard the waiting time is a week to a month or more (experts pls confirm this). However to go around will take months,, so even factor in the waiting time, its still more efficient to use these canels. For this Kra Canel, at most you save a week travelling time by going around the straits of Malacca,,,all that effort to save a week by ship? abit ridiculous,

Also dont forget Singkielands trump card,,,that our oil refinery, ships still come here and still have to come here to get refined oil products,,,,so there is minimal reason to use the Kra Canel,,,at the moment,,

In future maybe ah tiong land might have a better oil refinery,,,but by than demand for oil will increase more mitigating any increase capacity,,,just my rants..

You assume that oil will remain the fuel of choice in future. That's a bold assumption.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The powers that be will never allow oil to be replaced,,,,now the USA is ramping up oil production via Fracking and even AH Tiong land is following suit,,,any alternatives will be slowed down etc untill there are no more options,,,look at how many countrys including ozland is slowing down the green alternatives,,,,by the time oil is replace we will be 6ft under,,,,

You assume that oil will remain the fuel of choice in future. That's a bold assumption.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would have done the same if I am Chinese leader and wonder what takes china so long to decide?
It's easier said than done because don't forget it's not on Chink's land. With the current instability in Thailand I doubt the Thais will have time for this at the moment. Also, it'll cause a separation of the southern Thailand region which the Muslims have been fighting for independence, so it won't be an easy task to take. Whichever (government) agrees to it will have to bear the vast consequences.

I don't think the Thais are that myopic to just want the economic benefits from the canal and then to risk losing part of their territory south of the canal.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's easier said than done because don't forget it's not on Chink's land. With the current instability in Thailand I doubt the Thais will have time for this at the moment. Also, it'll cause a separation of the southern Thailand region which the Muslims have been fighting for independence, so it won't be an easy task to take. Whichever (government) agrees to it will have to bear the vast consequences.

In today context, the physical separation is nothing but symbolic. Moreover if you create an vibrant economy brought upon with the opening of canal, people will have more stake as not to rock the boat.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
In today context, the physical separation is nothing but symbolic. Moreover if you create an vibrant economy brought upon with the opening of canal, people will have more stake as not to rock the boat.
In this case here, we are not talking about types of economies. It's between Muslims and Buddhists. Each religion have different ideology, beliefs, practices and their aim and aspects of life differ vastly. It's very difficult to incorporate the people from these 2 religions together harmoniously.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
with today excavation technology digging is a small job.

It is better for Chink to have more alternative sea routes than to bet go round the tip of Malaysia for the future. Cannot trust these Java m&d today. Malaysian Java m&d let pommies overstayed for 150 years of colony showed how stupid they can become.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
20 years ago i made a pact with some people that for every time the kra canal is mentioned in the media, i get a dollar.

i'm a millionaire now.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
U think the Pappies are worried? they hve more than needed for life incl their
next Generation.

i dont think the present generation of millionster MPs etc are worried but their dumbassed lackeys who are not in the cream of the gravy train might get worried...............

as for those so called next generation of robotic dumbfucks..... its pretty obvious how totally "not getting with the programme" are that bunch of nerdout fuckwits are gonna scream mayhem when they discover their CPF is "pork"......