• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China invented a mosquito trap that created a mosquito free park.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Green Space Development: China's Sichuan unveils its first mosquito-free park

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2022-07-31/VHJhbnNjcmlwdDY3NTA5/index.html

Chengdu is known as a city of parks in China. The capital of China's Sichuan Province has more than one thousand ecological parks and one of them has made a name for itself as a mosquito-free green space. Zheng Songwu has more.
Chengdu's Living Water Park is the world's first environmental education park. It recently reopened, after a series of restoration projects. And now it's a mosquito-free park.
ZHENG SONGWU Chengdu, Sichuan Province "Mosquitoes track humans mainly by the carbon dioxide that we exhale. This green machine is a 'mosquito-hunter', and it sucks in the CO2 from the air, and when the level of carbon dioxide reaches that of the human body, mosquitoes mistake this green box for a human and are lured into it."
Fifty 'mosquito-hunter' machines have been placed in this park, and the best thing about them is that they don't cause any chemical, optical, or noise pollution. We checked to see if they really lure and trap mosquitoes.
ZHENG SONGWU Chengdu, Sichuan Province "Well, here is another 'mosquito-hunter', and let's see how it is going. Wow, look at these mosquitoes!"
The park management carried out a three-week-long mosquito density monitoring after the traps were installed, and found nearly 12,000 trapped mosquitoes. It's not been one-hundred percent successful, but visitors are happy with the results.
SHI XIAOMING High School Student, Chengdu "I always got bitten by mosquitoes here, but now it's much better. Today I sat down with my mom for ten minutes and got no bites. We are happy that the park is open again."
LI YIMIN Visitor from Shanghai "Generally, the environment and the design of this park are good. There are fewer mosquitoes here compared to other parks, but if you wear a T-shirt like mine, you will still occasionally get mosquito bites."
The management has also changed the landscaping design reducing the number of trees and flowers that attract mosquitoes. Chengdu officials plan to create more ecological parks and exercise paths to improve the quality of life in the city. Zheng Songwu, CGTN, Chengdu, Sichuan Province.