• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China claims Super computer Crown

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Tianhe-1A is unusual in that it unites thousands of Intel processors with thousands of graphics cards made by Nvidia.
As usual... stealing foreign technology and then trying to claim credit.:rolleyes:

The Chinese really are pathetic. If they had any pride, they'd design their own processors.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The speed with which China appropriates the intellectual property of countries like Japan and Germany is indeed unmatched.

It's like buying a Ferrari, reprogramming the ECU to make it go faster and then claiming you've designed the fastest car in the world.:rolleyes:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's like buying a Ferrari, reprogramming the ECU to make it go faster and then claiming you've designed the fastest car in the world.:rolleyes:

Don't start giving them ideas now. They are currently still at the stage of dismantling Ferraris and Bugatti Veyrons to understand what an "engine" is. :biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual... stealing foreign technology and then trying to claim credit.:rolleyes:

The Chinese really are pathetic. If they had any pride, they'd design their own processors.

You are f .. hypocrite! Not for MS O/S sytem your web site won't work too?

Inventor with no brain how to apply his invention is a dickhead. It about taking another step further to make the system better, safer and faster.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are f .. hypocrite! Not for MS O/S sytem your web site won't work too?

Inventor with no brain how to apply his invention is a dickhead. It about taking another step further to make the system better, safer and faster.

he never claim to be chinese lol and that he is the best/fastest in the world

Z

Zombie

i don't know the technology... i mean
it is easy to put together 1000s naked men and women to form SuperOrgy
but is it really easy to put together 1000s chips to form SuperComputer:biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
i don't know the technology... i mean
it is easy to put together 1000s naked men and women to form SuperOrgy
but is it really easy to put together 1000s chips to form SuperComputer:biggrin:

With a very basic knowledge of networking and plenty of money, I could easily assemble a computer cluster of home computers and claim the crown from the pathetic Chinks.

Those Chinese need their ass kicked by the Ang Mohs a few more times. They're too used to getting away with their cheating, lying ways in this day and age of political correctness and liberal left wing anti war sentiment.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_cluster

Clustering can provide significant performance benefits versus price. The System X supercomputer at Virginia Tech, the 28th most powerful supercomputer on Earth as of June 2006<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-1">[2]</sup>, is a 12.25 TFlops computer cluster of 1100 Apple XServe G5 2.3 GHz dual-processor machines (4 GB RAM, 80 GB SATA HD) running Mac OS X and using InfiniBand interconnect. The cluster initially consisted of Power Mac G5s; the rack-mountable XServes are denser than desktop Macs, reducing the aggregate size of the cluster. The total cost of the previous Power Mac system was $5.2 million, a tenth of the cost of slower mainframe computer supercomputers. (The Power Mac G5s were sold off.)

Z

Zombie

With a very basic knowledge of networking and plenty of money, I could easily assemble a computer cluster of home computers and claim the crown from the pathetic Chinks.

but it looks like almost everyone from TOP500 were doing the same thing that you've just mentioned, same as China, right? :confused:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone country also can built one. Only do they need it because of the cost better buy lower speed mass production at cheaper price which is more economy.
If they can built faster speed with cheaper price the system good. Then is value for money.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are fighting a lost cause.

Not that the Chinese did not invent anything, they did. It is a well known fact the Chinese are pretty selfish and secretive. When they invent something, all they had in mind is how to buried it from prying eyes, and only make it known to family member. At the same time use it to make money. :biggrin:

While the first thing that the white men does, is boost to the world. But must kowtow to them about this patent thing to protect their rights and earn money at the same time.

Of course, now with the Internet, the Chinese will have very easy access to the white men knowledge base, and still do what they do best in double quick time. :biggrin::biggrin:

Z

Zombie

Everyone country also can built one. Only do they need it because of the cost better buy lower speed mass production at cheaper price which is more economy.
If they can built faster speed with cheaper price the system good. Then is value for money.

just like the competition to construct the tallest building in the world .. :biggrin:
it is not so much a display of technology

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal

You never hear of using my enemy's weapons against themselves? 借刀杀人.

In The Red Cliff 2, Zhu Ge Liang use Cao Cao's arrows against his own army!
red_cliff2.jpg

China is fulfilling their plans on cyber attacks.
http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article2409865.ece

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
but it looks like almost everyone from TOP500 were doing the same thing that you've just mentioned, same as China, right? :confused:

I've seen various companies...Cray, NEC, IBM etc claiming credit. This is the first time I've seen a COUNTRY on the list.

All it does is reveal a deep seated inferiority complex. It did the same thing when it put a man in space using obsolete SOVIET hardware. :rolleyes: