• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[China] - AMDK billionaire says taking money out of China is "just amazing!"

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

'I can't get my money out': Billionaire investor Mark Mobius says China is restricting flows of capital out of the country​

images

"It's just amazing! They're putting all kinds of barriers," he said. "They don't say, 'No, you can't get your money out,' but they say, 'Give us all the records from 20 years of how you've made this money,' and so forth. It's crazy."

"I'm personally affected because I have an account with HSBC in Shanghai. I can't get my money out. The government is restricting the flow of money out of the country," Mobius said on Thursday on the Fox Business show "Mornings with Maria". "So I would be very, very careful investing in China," the founder of Mobius Capital Partners said.

https://markets.businessinsider.com...ting-outflows-markets-strategy-jinping-2023-3

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my friend’s money and assets in shanghai are also stuck. they wanted all records on how much he originally paid and deposited on investments and properties and yearly gains and appreciation he made thereafter for the past 20 years. then they told him he could only take out the original amount he brought over from u.s., but must prove with bank or wire transfer statements from 20 years ago. after providing all documentation they say approval is not guaranteed and subjected to monetary and capital control updates which are always in flux. in other words, like in hotel californicate, you can check out all you wish but you(r money) can never leave.

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
So they are saying all the past capital verification report and audited financial statements are historical documents and irrelevant :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, keep the money there and let it grow to billions. When pessimism prevails, buy more. The Ah Neh fever will die eventually.