• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam See Tong Under-Contributed $130,000 to SPP Over 13 Years.

Bryan T

Alfrescian
Loyal
Disclaimer: The following is my verbatim translation of an article from OMY/SinMing and I would appreciate any correction from any Chinese experts. Also, if the report is subsequently proven false and/or OMY/SinMing retracts the report, I will remove my posting too.

Singapore People's Party Chairman Sin Kek Tong has blown the whistle on Chiam See Tong, saying that as the MP for Potong Pasir, the latter should be contributing 10% of his MP allowance to the party. But Chiam has been “under-contributing” for 13 years, and the shortfall amounts to more than $130,000!

Mr Sin Kek Tong, 64, said that under the SPP Constitution, those party members elected as MPs must contribute 10% of their allowances to the party. But for the past 13 years, Chiam has consistently given lesser than stipulated.

Sin Kek Tong said: "Although Chiam has made many contributions to the party over the years, he must still comply with the party Constitution and this requirement is clearly spelled out therein."

In the interview this morning, Sin Kek Tong said that over the past 13 years as Secretary-General, Chiam contributed $500 a month, amounting to $6000 annually.

He said that it is natural for party members who are MPs to contribute to the party. Based on his knowledge, PAP MPs do so too.

刘炳森, executive director of the PAP told the newspaper that the party’s MPs contribute $1800 each month which forms 13% of their MP allowances, while the Ministers usually donate more, although this is not compulsory.

Workers Party Chairman Sylvia Lim stated that the WP does not insist that its elected MPs to contribute.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&note_id=488887373976