• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam See Tong owe it to his loyal voters, a clear succession plan.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on, let's face it. He is now old and frail but of course I will concede, clearly not without fighting spirit. He should face squarely the question of his own mortality. Especially so in light of the fact that the next GE is around the corner.

I am sure the pro Chiam See Tong residents in Potong Pasir are just as anxious as any outside his ward to know what and who comes after him.

I wish him everlasting health but we need to be realistic about the possibility of the unexpected and not leave it to chance that he will be there when he is needed most.

So Mr Chiam, when would you let us know?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Chiam See Tong unfortunately is more concerned with legacy and prestige than succession planning.

We'll see in the next round how many new credible faces he has.

Another tidbit for you: When Chiam held his wedding banquet for his girl, political members from both sides of the spectrum were invited. Quite a number of the guests were from PAP. They were seated in front together with quiite a few heavyweighs. Opposition was relegated to the back seats.

Come on, let's face it. He is now old and frail but of course I will concede, clearly not without fighting spirit. He should face squarely the question of his own mortality. Especially so in light of the fact that the next GE is around the corner.

I am sure the pro Chiam See Tong residents in Potong Pasir are just as anxious as any outside his ward to know what and who comes after him.

I wish him everlasting health but we need to be realistic about the possibility of the unexpected and not leave it to chance that he will be there when he is needed most.

So Mr Chiam, when would you let us know?

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wonder how many here stay in potong pasir?

I stay in potong pasir for 30+ years, and my family votes for CST ALL the time.

whether he has a successor to Potong pasir or not, we are not so concerned. While he is still able, he looks after the estate well in the best of his capabilities and resources.

what if his wife/daughter/desmond lim decides to run for Potong Pasir, we will give them support and chances to see if they take care of the estate 1st.

Online forums can call him a bo-sia kao (dumb dog) in the parliament for all i care, he is but one voice and speaks on behalf for potong pasir and when can, speaks for the nation.

you guys want more opposition voices? go and do your walkabout and win election and then you can blame CST for not having a successor or more voice.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
During parliamentary breaks, members retire to the members lounge for refreshments, break and some comfortable sofas etc. PAP MPs take great pains to be very nice to the opposition chaps except for JBJ who always had a cantankerous approach to everyone.

Chiam See Tong unfortunately is more concerned with legacy and prestige than succession planning.

Another tidbit for you: When Chiam held his wedding banquet for his girl, political members from both sides of the spectrum were invited. Quite a number of the guests were from PAP. They were seated in front together with quiite a few heavyweighs. Opposition was relegated to the back seats.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
PP and Hougang voters do so because they want to send a message to PAP. And I believe that over the years they act as a proxy for the rest of Singapore. A Heavy price they pay for the rest of us.

i wonder how many here stay in potong pasir?

I stay in potong pasir for 30+ years, and my family votes for CST ALL the time.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oredi tell you, vote for Chiam See Tong might as well don't vote.

Rumour has it he is distant relative of you know who.:cool:

jw5

Loyal
During parliamentary breaks, members retire to the members lounge for refreshments, break and some comfortable sofas etc. PAP MPs take great pains to be very nice to the opposition chaps except for JBJ who always had a cantankerous approach to everyone.
When you say "everyone", I hope you mean pap mps.
In that case, can't say I blame him.
JBJ was very friendly when I met him. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
PP and Hougang voters do so because they want to send a message to PAP. And I believe that over the years they act as a proxy for the rest of Singapore. A Heavy price they pay for the rest of us.
And it's about time the rest of us repaid that huge favour.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chiam owes the people (whether in Potong Pasir or whole of Singapore) nothing.

He did his part. Yes, he was paid his dues. However, getting elected as an MP (whether in government or in opposition) there's no obligation to groom a successor. In fact, personal commitment to grooming a particular successor may be seen to be cronyism or in case of being related, nepotism. After him, may the next upcoming best candidate win Potong Pasir.