• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chenghu's SIA wants Old Pilots to Become Baggage Handlers?? Re-employment???

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is interesting, the article says SQ employs 2400 pilots. Cathay Pacific employs 2700 pilots.But Cathay has a fleet of 173 aircraft (including cargo and Dragonair) while SQ only has a fleet of 108. So, it does seem that SQ has too many pilots. Of more importance is how many of their pilots are singaporeans and how many are FTs?

I hope not many are Singaporeans. FTs are more reliable. Please retrench the rest of the sinkies and deploy them as baggage handlers or to work security at the airport.

Sinkies are too lazy and complacent. What's stopping them from finding suitable pilot jobs overseas?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is interesting, the article says SQ employs 2400 pilots. Cathay Pacific employs 2700 pilots.But Cathay has a fleet of 173 aircraft (including cargo and Dragonair) while SQ only has a fleet of 108. So, it does seem that SQ has too many pilots. Of more importance is how many of their pilots are singaporeans and how many are FTs?

See how unproductive sinkie airlines are? Things will surely turn around once we retrench and replace all the unproductive sinkies holding the company back.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

The more glaring question your question has exposed is NOT how many pilots are FT.

It shows how fucked up lazy over paid Sinkie pilots are vs those whose airline employ FTs.

It's way over due that Capt Mok and his kind are made to be baggage handlers or taxi drivers etc! LoL

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I hope not many are Singaporeans. FTs are more reliable. Please retrench the rest of the sinkies and deploy them as baggage handlers or to work security at the airport.

Sinkies are too lazy and complacent. What's stopping them from finding suitable pilot jobs overseas?

US Airlines mandatory retirement age is 65. They should be able to get employment there. If not, many Indonesian airlines can benefit from such experienced pilots given the low quality of their own.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
US Airlines mandatory retirement age is 65. They should be able to get employment there. If not, many Indonesian airlines can benefit from such experienced pilots given the low quality of their own.

Don't care lah. All these r very well paid job. High flyers driving n fine dining like no tomorrow.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets compare same job Local V other Asian airline:

Pilot Airline in HK:
Pay $US30000
Housing: $US20000
Profit share: 2/3 months
Retirement:65 plus gratuity No. of year X last salary.

Stewerdess:
Pay:$US8000
Housing:$US3000
Retirement:55-60 plus gratuity No. of year X last salary
Can have babies
Promote to office job
Valued as a individual and contribute to Co. growth.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lets compare same job Local V other Asian airline:

Pilot Airline in HK:
Pay $US30000
Housing: $US20000
Profit share: 2/3 months
Retirement:65 plus gratuity No. of year X last salary.

Stewerdess:
Pay:$US8000
Housing:$US3000
Retirement:55-60 plus gratuity No. of year X last salary
Can have babies
Promote to office job
Valued as a individual and contribute to Co. growth.

If this offer is that good, then I hope more sinkie pilots and stewardesses go to HK and work.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We should retrench the PAP government....they are Singaporeans right? & ' employ' foreigners...they are faster, cheaper & better...

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

please Do something meaning. Join an asylum as an inmate. IMH all the way!

u said sinkies are too lazy and complacent , FTs are more reliable.
yet u want sinkies ' to work security at the airport. '
u want to put your master crown jewel at risk izzit ? you idiot.

Thais

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sawadee Ka...Singapore Changi Airport beri good airport... better than Thailand.

Thai Airways also beri good...Singapore Airlines better...India Air lousy...Malaysia Airlines crashed..no good no good..

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
please Do something meaning. Join an asylum as an inmate. IMH all the way!

u said sinkies are too lazy and complacent , FTs are more reliable.
yet u want sinkies ' to work security at the airport. '
u want to put your master crown jewel at risk izzit ? you idiot.

This person is here just to stir shit on almost every thread.

maxxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 1987 I had the choice to join either SQ or CX [used to hire FTs and 9 nationalities for their Cabin crew]

Thank goodness i chose the former.Now some of my flight school buddies regret.

harakirineh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sawadee Ka...Singapore Changi Airport beri good airport... better than Thailand.

Thai Airways also beri good...Singapore Airlines better...India Air lousy...Malaysia Airlines crashed..no good no good..

Japan Airlines and All Nippon Airways the best.