• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheeta the chimpanzee, Tarzan film star, dies aged 80

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
cheetah-2_2094683b.jpg

Cheeta the chimpanzee who starred in the Tarzan movies of the early 1930s has died at the age of 80, it has been announced.

The Suncoast Primate Sanctuary in Palm Harbour, Florida, said Cheeta died of kidney failure on Dec 24.
Debbie Cobb, director of the sanctuary, said than in his retirement the chimp had loved finger painting and seemed particularly attuned to human feelings.
He came to the sanctuary from the estate of the star of the Tarzan series - American Olympic gold medal swimmer Johnny Weissmuller - during the early 1960s.
Based on the works of author Edgar Rice Burroughs, the Tarzan stories - which have spawned scores of books and films - chronicle the adventures of a man who was raised by apes in Africa.
Cheeta provided comic relife in the Tarzan films, clowning with the human actors.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember watching those old old tarzan movies on TV. As a young actor that chimp was real cute:smile:

I'lll miss him more that the old goat, I mean the old leaf :biggrin:

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
same chimp in tarzanX ? (shame of jane) ? sniff sniff....

[video=youtube;J9JrHBA_XZU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9JrHBA_XZU[/video]

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7PuSGJGyu0c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The message you have entered is too short.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm surprised that a Chimp can live that long... My condolences to his family... R.I.P Cheeta..

Cheeta The Chimp is Dead...but That Old Monkey at Oxley Rise is still quite energetic like a Young Chimp..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: