• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chee Hong Tat - I am not a doctor

Valium

Alfrescian
Loyal
news
go to navigation

© The Independent Singapore

Senior Minister of State Chee Hong Tat retorted that he is not a doctor in a parliamentary exchange with Workers’ Party (WP) chief Pritam Singh when he was asked to explain the reasons why the Government flip-flopped on its policy on face shields.
Earlier, the Government said that people can wear either face masks or face shields when they leave their house since this gives adequate protection against COVID-19. At least one ruling party politician was also spotted wearing a face shield without a mask and distributing face shields to market stallholders.

On 1 June, Health Minister Gan Kim Yong said that the multi-ministry taskforce (MTF) for COVID-19 has reviewed this policy and decided that face shields cannot be worn in lieu of masks since they are not as effective as masks in reducing the risk of virus transmission.

Indicating that a COVID-positive patient could more easily spread the infection to others if he was wearing a face shield, compared to a face mask, Mr Gan said that face masks should be the default option for Singaporeans when they are out and about.
Pritam Singh, the leader of Singapore’s opposition, raised questions about why the Government flip-flopped on its stance on face shields, in Parliament.

Mr Pritam questioned how the original decision to allow face shields was made and what changed for the Government to make a U-turn and disallow face shields for most residents. He asked the Government to explain how information on face shields had changed from the perspective of the medical professionals the Government had access to, and what were the reasons offered by those experts for that U-turn.

Chee Hong Tat stepped up to respond but perhaps did not understand what information Mr Pritam sought. Seeming to think that Mr Pritam asked who gave the advice that formed the basis behind the Government’s contradictory policies on face shields, Mr Chee replied:

“I think the MTF has explained why there was a change in the advisory on the use of face shields. This is, as Mr Singh himself alluded to, based on the advice from medical professionals.”

Mr Pritam took the microphone to clarify that he had not asked who gave the advice but had asked what advice was given initially and how this advice changed. He asked Mr Chee again: “I understand that, SMS. Can I ask what were the reasons given by those experts that changed?”

With a smile, Mr Chee threw his hands out and said:“Mr Speaker, I’m not a doctor. So, I am not equipped to provide the medical reasons to answer Mr Singh’s question in detail-“

As Mr Chee returned to the podium, Gan Kim Yong raised his hand to speak while Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam and National Development Minister Lawrence Wong tried to get Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin’s attention. Mr Tan cut Mr Chee off midway and asked Mr Gan whether he would like to elaborate.

Before he handed the podium over to Mr Gan, Mr Chee said: “-But I think the MTF and the medical professionals have provided their explanation. It is about safety. It is about protecting everybody’s health and safety.”

It is unclear whether Mr Chee didn’t understand Mr Pritam’s question or whether he did not know the answer to Mr Pritam’s question.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Masks do nothing. It's nothing more than a virtue signalling exercise conjured up by the liberals.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article
Disposable medical masks (also known as surgical masks) are loose-fitting devices that were designed to be worn by medical personnel to protect accidental contamination of patient wounds, and to protect the wearer against splashes or sprays of bodily fluids (36). There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure. Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory-confirmed influenza.

Last edited:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kee Chiu: "I am not a farmer. So I am not equipped to answer farming questions like where cotton comes from."

Josephine Teo: "I am not an infectious disease expert. So I am not equipped to explain how viruses can spread in small spaces so small that there is only enough room for sex."

Khaw Boon Wan: "I am not a medical doctor. I am not equipped to decide when social distancing on trains and buses can be relaxed."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
news
go to navigation

Senior Minister of State Chee Hong Tat retorted that he is not a doctor in a parliamentary exchange with Workers’ Party (WP) chief Pritam Singh when he was asked to explain the reasons why the Government flip-flopped on its policy on face shields.
Earlier, the Government said that people can wear either face masks or face shields when they leave their house since this gives adequate protection against COVID-19. At least one ruling party politician was also spotted wearing a face shield without a mask and distributing face shields to market stallholders.

On 1 June, Health Minister Gan Kim Yong said that the multi-ministry taskforce (MTF) for COVID-19 has reviewed this policy and decided that face shields cannot be worn in lieu of masks since they are not as effective as masks in reducing the risk of virus transmission.

Indicating that a COVID-positive patient could more easily spread the infection to others if he was wearing a face shield, compared to a face mask, Mr Gan said that face masks should be the default option for Singaporeans when they are out and about.
Pritam Singh, the leader of Singapore’s opposition, raised questions about why the Government flip-flopped on its stance on face shields, in Parliament.

Mr Pritam questioned how the original decision to allow face shields was made and what changed for the Government to make a U-turn and disallow face shields for most residents. He asked the Government to explain how information on face shields had changed from the perspective of the medical professionals the Government had access to, and what were the reasons offered by those experts for that U-turn.

Chee Hong Tat stepped up to respond but perhaps did not understand what information Mr Pritam sought. Seeming to think that Mr Pritam asked who gave the advice that formed the basis behind the Government’s contradictory policies on face shields, Mr Chee replied:

“I think the MTF has explained why there was a change in the advisory on the use of face shields. This is, as Mr Singh himself alluded to, based on the advice from medical professionals.”

Mr Pritam took the microphone to clarify that he had not asked who gave the advice but had asked what advice was given initially and how this advice changed. He asked Mr Chee again: “I understand that, SMS. Can I ask what were the reasons given by those experts that changed?”

With a smile, Mr Chee threw his hands out and said:“Mr Speaker, I’m not a doctor. So, I am not equipped to provide the medical reasons to answer Mr Singh’s question in detail-“

As Mr Chee returned to the podium, Gan Kim Yong raised his hand to speak while Senior Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam and National Development Minister Lawrence Wong tried to get Speaker of Parliament Tan Chuan-Jin’s attention. Mr Tan cut Mr Chee off midway and asked Mr Gan whether he would like to elaborate.

Before he handed the podium over to Mr Gan, Mr Chee said: “-But I think the MTF and the medical professionals have provided their explanation. It is about safety. It is about protecting everybody’s health and safety.”

It is unclear whether Mr Chee didn’t understand Mr Pritam’s question or whether he did not know the answer to Mr Pritam’s question.
You coward beast bullying me mercilessly want to act righteous here are so disgusting hypocrite. Pui your filthy Malaysian whore mother wife daughters phua cb raised a coward beast that abused other women.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
https://www.who.int/csr/resources/publications/Adviceusemaskscommunityrevised.pdf

1Advice on the use of masks1 in the community setting in Influenza A (H1N1) outbreaks Interim guidance 3 May 2009 This document provides interim guidance on the use of masks in communities that have reported community-level outbreaks caused by the new Influenza A(H1N1) virus. It will be revised as more data become available. BackgroundAt present, evidence suggests that the main route of human-to-human transmission of the new Influenza A (H1N1) virus is via respiratory droplets, which are expelled by speaking, sneezing or coughing. Any person who is in close contact (approximately 1 metre) with someone who has influenza-like symptoms (fever, sneezing, coughing, running nose, chills, muscle ache etc) is at risk of being exposed to potentially infective respiratory droplets. In health-care settings, studies evaluating measures to reduce the spread of respiratory viruses suggest that the use of masks could reduce the transmission of influenza.2 Advice on the use of masks in health-care settings is accompanied by information on additional measures that may have impact on its effectiveness, such as training on correct use, regular supplies and proper disposal facilities. In the community, however, the benefits of wearing masks has not been established, especially in open areas, as opposed to enclosed spaces while in close contact with a person with influenza-like symptoms. Nonetheless, many individuals may wish to wear masks in the home or community setting, particularly if they are in close contact with a person with influenza-like symptoms, for example while providing care to family members. Furthermore, using a mask can enable an individual with influenza-like symptoms to cover their mouth and nose to help contain respiratory droplets, a measure that is part of cough etiquette. Using a mask incorrectly however, may actually increase the risk of transmission, rather than reduce it. If masks are to be used, this measure should be combined with other general measures to help prevent the human-to-human transmission of influenza, training on the correct use of masks and consideration of cultural and personal values.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kee Chiu: "I am not a farmer. So I am not equipped to answer farming questions like where cotton comes from."

Josephine Teo: "I am not an infectious disease expert. So I am not equipped to explain how viruses can spread in small spaces so small that there is only enough room for sex."

Khaw Boon Wan: "I am not a medical doctor. I am not equipped to decide when social distancing on trains and buses can be relaxed."
Pinky?

Wooden Goh?

Halimah?

Valium

Alfrescian
Loyal
You coward beast bullying me mercilessly want to act righteous here are so disgusting hypocrite. Pui your filthy Malaysian whore mother wife daughters phua cb raised a coward beast that abused other women.

Fuck your smelly old cunt. You old filthy whore deserves to have your throat slit, corpse raped and whipped and your organs harvested. In any order!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck your smelly old cunt. You old filthy whore deserves to have your throat slit, corpse raped and whipped and your organs harvested. In any order!
A virgin is a filthy whore then your clan is a filthy whore clan that deserved to be exterminated by whatever p. You coward beast bullying me mercilessly want to act righteous condemning pap are so disgusting hypocrite. Pui your filthy Malaysian whore mother wife daughters phua cb raised a coward beast that abused other women.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal

WHEN CECA RAMESHES CAN GET TOP TOP JOB WITH UPTRON ACL AND CECA SHITS WITH SOUTH PACIFIC UNIVERSITY ARE GIVEN PRIME JOBS
STINKAPOREANS CAN ONLY BE GRAB DRIVER OR TRUCK DRIVER OR PICK UP CARDBOARDS

PAP RIGGED THE ENTIRE SYSTEM TO BE AGAINST SINGAPOREANS

AND YOU RIGHT

SINGAPOREANS ALLOWED THE FUCKING PAP TO DO ALL KINDS OF SHIT THINGS SUCH AS LETTING CECAs IN WITH FUCKED UP PAPERS FROM UPTRON ACL AND SOUTHERN PACIFIC UNIVERSITY

AND GAVE LUNCHES AND DINNERS OF SINGAPOREANS TO THOSE PUKING CECAs AND FOREIGN TALENTS

VOTE OUT THE FUCKING PAP MAGGOTS

WE ALL NOW PRAYING AND PRAYING AND PRAYING

NEXT CLUSTERS WILL BE CENTERED WITH PAP MAGGOTS AND MAGGOTESS

AND ANOTHER CLUSTERS WITH THE ROTTEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION AND RC MEMBERS
AND YET ANOTHER CLUSTERS WITH PAPER GENERALS LINKED OR UNLINKED TOTALLY IRRELEVANT TO US ALL

AS LONG AS THOSE MAGGOTS MAGGOTESS KENNA WUHANED

EVEN BETTER WILL BE THEY ALL HUM KAR CHANG

LET THEM GATHER
MORE KENNA WUHANDED THE MORE LIKELY THAT GET BACK TO MAGGOTS MAGGOTESS IN WHITE AND THEIR ENTIRE FAMILIES
AND THEIR KANGAROOS AND PAPER GENERALS AND CRONIES AND BROWN NOSERS
ALL HUM KAR CHAN

MAGGOTS MAGGOTESS AND THEIR CRONIES AND PAPER GENERALS AND SONS AND DAUGHTERS WILL ALSO DIE
MAY THEY ALL DIE BEFORE US , OR WITH US
AND STINKAPORE WILL BECOME SINGAPORE ONCE AGAIN

SPREAD WIDELY
UNTIL IT GET TO THE MAIDS AND SONS AND DAUGHTERS AND STAFF OF MAGGOTS MAGGOTESS IN WHITE
UNTIL ALL THOSE OLD MAGGOTS MAGGOTESS KENA WUHANDED
AND TOGETHER WITH YOUNG MAGGOTS MAGGOTESS AND ALL IN THE FUCKING PA AND KANGAROOS AND POODLES
WUHAN WILL DELIVER US ALL FROM THE FUCKING MAGGOTS MAGGOTESS IN WHITE FINALLY
MAGGOTS MAGGOTESS KANGAROOS CANNOT FIX WUHAN THE WAY THEY CAN FIX ELECTED PRESIDENT AND OTHER SHIT THINGS THAT THEY CAN FIX
WUHAN WILL FIX THEM INSTEAD

Emoji Laugh GIF - Emoji Laugh Laughing - Discover & Share GIFs

Laughing Emoji GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
A virgin is a filthy whore then your clan is a filthy whore clan that deserved to be exterminated by whatever p. You coward beast bullying me mercilessly want to act righteous condemning pap are so disgusting hypocrite. Pui your filthy Malaysian whore mother wife daughters phua cb raised a coward beast that abused other women.
A coward beast that dare not even admit its own race. You @Valium coward beast bullying me mercilessly want to act righteous condemning pap are so disgusting hypocrite. Pui your filthy Malaysian whore mother wife daughters phua cb raised a coward beast that abused other women.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
A coward beast that dare not even admit its own race. You @Valium coward beast bullying me mercilessly want to act righteous condemning pap are so disgusting hypocrite. Pui your filthy Malaysian whore mother wife daughters phua cb raised a coward beast that abused other women.
What a disgrace to Spore opposition to have such a supporter. You @Valium coward beast bullying me mercilessly want to act righteous condemning pap are so disgusting hypocrite. Pui your filthy Malaysian whore mother wife daughters phua cb raised a coward beast that abused other women.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a disgrace to Spore opposition to have such a supporter. You @Valium coward beast bullying me mercilessly want to act righteous condemning pap are so disgusting hypocrite. Pui your filthy Malaysian whore mother wife daughters phua cb raised a coward beast that abused other women.
And @Valium is best proof that opposition are criminal bullies or endorsing criminal bullies. No difference at all from the pap dogs @JohnTan viciously bullying me.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
And @Valium is best proof that opposition are criminal bullies or endorsing criminal bullies. No difference at all from the pap dogs @JohnTan viciously bullying me.
Spore opposition and their dog supporters are such a disgrace indeed abusing women as sex objects. This kind of people if in power will turn women into slaves.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spore opposition and their dog supporters are such a disgrace indeed abusing women as sex objects. This kind of people if in power will turn women into slaves.
Sinkie opposition I have voted for you for two decades and this is all I get in return from opposition ganging up with pap dogs to abuse me. All sinkies and their descendants can go to hell.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The three disgraced Malay that recently apologized to our woman President for abusing women as sex objects. I bet they are righteous opposition supporters like coward beast son of whore @Valium too.