• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Charged $0.50 for Extra Sauce. HUAT AH!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>What Bugs Me
Posted on 09 Aug, 2008 11:59
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>How can fast-food restaurant charge 50 cents for a bit of beef sauce?

STOMPer Mr Loh was taken aback when fast-food restaurant, Yoshinoya, charged him 50 cents for extra beef sauce.

This STOMPer says:

"I ordered two beef value meals at the Yoshinoya fast-food outlet at Causeway Point."

"The beef had very little sauce, so I asked for extra sauce and they charged me 50 cents for a bit of sauce."

"Since it is a fast-food restaurant, they should not have charged me for the sauce."

STOMP has contacted Yoshinoya for a comment. Watch this space for updates.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Share this

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its about time people like Mr Loh start voting with their $$. Whats the point in complaining, just stop eating at this pseudo-jap store.

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah if not happy don't eat at that place the next time lor. Why so work up its not like some place where even if you don't use it you need to pay for it or force to pay so much and still get monkies.

jerry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't the restaurant give out more sauce and raised to price by 50cents in the first place?:biggrin:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah when will sinkies ever come of age? in OZ for instance, macs charges 50cents for a packet of chili. wtf

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect that Mr. Loh wanted more beef sauce to wet up his rice, like most Chinese Singaporeans who usually eat their rice wetted with gravy or even soup. However, that's because the usual rice used here is Thai rice.

Yoshinoya here use American rice (substitute equivalent for Japanese rice) which is shorter grain, a bit stickier (but not as sticky as glutinous rice) and far more naturally fragrant than Thai fragrant rice. It's meant to be eaten without sauce except in "don" dishes with a little sauce that comes with the topping.

A small bowl of plain Japanese-grade American rice costs minimum of S$1.00. I'm not surprised that extra sauce, especially beef sauce, costs S$0.50.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
i tink it is very good that he highlighted to us.
now that we know, we have a choice.
thanks to him.