• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Changi T3 vertical green wall is a disgrace

Lydia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before the new terminal airport opened, T3 boasted it'd the latest green thing - a wall of live plants. I couldn't wait to see it. Alas, what we've got is so pathetic, it should be called not a wall but a see-thru beaded curtain. 'Wall' suggests dense planting, impenetrability and yet all one sees is a thin screen of 1 miserly variety of creeper clinging to some cable.

Ok, I realise we're going for low maintenance, low budget - there's not a soft fabric covered seat in sight in our MRT - but surely a world class airport deserves a top class vertical green wall. After all that boasting, tourists will be expecting something spectacular. Refer to www.environmentalgraffiti.com.

Even an amateur gardener like Albert Quek can do it better. See his wall at www.gardeningwithwilson.com. After all that dazzling display of orchids at T2, this wall is such a huge letdown.

Could I be mistaken, is there another super green wall somewhere at T3 I don't know about?

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changio aiport is run by CAAS and you know CAAS has a lot of SAF general and colonel ! So you know why there must be a camouflaege green !

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I find it very funny that Spores airport has become another shopping malls, gardens,...

If all these non-essentials lower the cost of air travel then I'm all for it. However I notice that the airport tax for Changi is one of the most expensive.

Obviously all airport users are paying for these experiments :mad:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
... there's not a soft fabric covered seat in sight in our MRT.....

Soft fabric? Why not carpet in every MRT and bus? Might as well add a toilet in it!

You want millions of bugs to match those millions of Ah Nehs, Banglas, Ah Chyes and Ah meimei using the MRT trains?

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
it wasnt named green wall for nothing.......... its called green wall bcos its literally green.............. typical result begotten from hordes of by-the-book scholars

Lydia

Alfrescian
Loyal
T2 and T3 outdoors is fabulous. Lots of pink and orange bougainvillea blossoms spilling everywhere. Even the grass looks like a perfect green carpet. I don't know how they do it, it's like this all year through.