• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Changes to OZ skilled migration.

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
chewed is absolutely correct. This measure is not aimed at any particular race, rather at the bludgers studying in the vocational colleges hoping to get PR and milk the system. They want higher quality migrants.

Agree with you Ash007, there are good ones out there (i am working with one) its just these bad apples in the barrel.

It just so happens that many of those vocational students affected tend to be indians (talk to those driving cabs part-time in the city).

the thing about gupta is he escalated the issue by trying to make it a "race" issue instead of a "student" issue - for what reason we don't know, but probably to gain a political advantage or pressure the government.

If he had said something like "students working late at night are being targeted and robbed because they carry laptops and cash from their jobs, they need more police protection etc etc" i would support him; instead he chose to say "students are being targeted because they are indians".

the irony is that after he pushed this issue into the spotlight, the government realized what the bludgers were doing... and decided to solve the problem by slashing the number of students... thus hurting the people he had hoped to help by his actions.

if I were to hazard a guess, a lot of Indians probably hate him now...

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was an article in one of the Melbourne papers (I think either the Age or the Australian) one or two weeks back where they interviewed the leaders of all the various migrant communities (Chinese, Viet, Somalian, Lebanese etc) in Australia about whether racism was prevalent in Australia.

About ten leaders were interviewed, Gupta and *maybe* one other (can't remember for sure) were the only ones who claimed Australia was racist.

Admittedly some might be reluctant to divulge their true feelings in a national broadsheet but still...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
if I were to hazard a guess, a lot of Indians probably hate him now...

Bah, the Indians probably still hate the Aussie government, now they would KpKb they can't migrate to Aussieland because of this rule change. That Aussie government implemented this to target them. Just wait a couple of weeks, there maybe more protest coming out of Melbourne because of this.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mate, the Ah tiongs population in Sydney are 3 times larger then the Ah nehs!
I remember in chinatown you use to hear only Cantonese, nowadays mandarin is the norm.

you bet! but fortunately/unfortunately, PRC is the biggest trade partner with Australia due to mining, whereas the subcontinent is only hot air. so which group do you think they will clamp down on?

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was an article in one of the Melbourne papers (I think either the Age or the Australian) one or two weeks back where they interviewed the leaders of all the various migrant communities (Chinese, Viet, Somalian, Lebanese etc) in Australia about whether racism was prevalent in Australia.

About ten leaders were interviewed, Gupta and *maybe* one other (can't remember for sure) were the only ones who claimed Australia was racist.

Admittedly some might be reluctant to divulge their true feelings in a national broadsheet but still...

if they felt that way, then maybe they should just bugger off from Australia.

mayliewwan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Tiongs better have their own Eden Garden or Feroz Shah Kotia or Modi. If Dhoni, Tendulkar , Dravid et al show Oz their middle finger, will Aussies suffer from withdrawal syndrome ???. Can't see Ponting, Watson, Clarke et al taking up ping pong as substitute

you bet! but fortunately/unfortunately, PRC is the biggest trade partner with Australia due to mining, whereas the subcontinent is only hot air. so which group do you think they will clamp down on?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Both, this rule did not state which nation you are from. I know of many PRCs who are doing vocation training in Sydney in the hopes of applying for PR later. This change applies equally to them as well. The fortunate thing about the PRCs is they won't KpKb like the Ah nehs. I think these bunch would most likely move on to Singapore to be PRs. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, it cannot be country or race specific. I think its for the better as the quality of intake will improve.

Both, this rule did not state which nation you are from. I know of many PRCs who are doing vocation training in Sydney in the hopes of applying for PR later. This change applies equally to them as well. The fortunate thing about the PRCs is they won't KpKb like the Ah nehs. I think these bunch would most likely move on to Singapore to be PRs. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they should revoke his student visa , if he's still one, for trying to incite racial tensions

This Gautam Gupta guy belong to the Federation of Indian Students of Australia Inc ( FISA ) right?

I think with less Indians, FISA will suffer.

I think the Aussie govt is scared of their motto ... Integrating, Representing and Empowering Indian Students in Australia.

Esp. the part about foreigners being a force to reckon with "Empowerment: To increase the spiritual, political, social and economic strength of Indian students in Australia. "

I was told by a committee member of the local WA Australian Indian association that they actually lobbied the Sen Chris to address the student migration loopholes. Even they are ashamed of these new arrivals.

Apparantly the established Indian migrant communities have been accused of not lending a hand to help the new arrivals. Also, there are some professionals who are wary of the unscrupulous migrant agent/education providers within their circles.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time to get ATO to check the tax affairs of Mr Gautam Gupta.

EXPOSED: High profile Indian student leader faces legal trouble
By VEXNEWS ⋅ December 14, 2009

The self-appointed leader of the radical Indian student organisation in Australia that has regularly condemned their host country as racist is not a student and has been accused of engaging in unethical and untoward behaviour in his business dealings.

Gautam Gupta ceased being an elected official of the Federation of Indian Students in 2008 but has continued as the Chairman of its Advisory Board. Those familiar with the situation say in practice he still runs the organisation and has also been paid by it.

BAILLIEU ALLY BUT MUCH LESS POPULAR IN INDIAN COMMUNITY
In that capacity, he has worked closely with Liberal Victorian Leader Ted Baillieu in his office, even repeating talking point about Police numbers and statistics provided by Baillieu’s staff in his press briefings after student demonstrations against violence and college fees.

Gupta enjoys a high profile but is a controversial figure within the Indian community.

This played itself out during Melbourne’s “Harmony Walk” when Gupta questioned the whole event because he wasn’t given a speaking role. The Herald Sun at the time reported:

Gautam Gupta said Federation of Indian Students of Australia members had renounced the walk after being excluded from the line-up of speakers.

He said the organisation supported multiculturalism but “not politicians trying to exclude students from any meaningful discussion”.
The Harmony Walk attempted to divert attention from victims, unsafe streets, rising crime and a failure of the justice system, Mr Gupta said.
But, while just five people sharing the same view turned out for the start of the march as observers, they did not march.
Many Indians did march though and they rejected the claims.
”It is just from the mouths of a few these sort of things are being said, and it is creating bad news and bad publicity for our community,” said Sundar Nadesan, president of the Indian Tamil Society of Melbourne.
”It was opportunistic timing of one who spoke to the media while the rest of us lined up to march.”

GUPTA’S DODGY DEALINGS EXPOSED
FISA’s website encourages donors to give to its “Victims of Crime Fund”. After clicking on that link, it actually provides the details of the “General Fund” which “will be used for the day to day opertional (sic) requirements of the organisation and assist us in Integrating, Representing and Empowering Indian students in Australia.”

The organisation is not a charity authorised for tax deductions in Australia nor has it obtained permission under the Victorian Fundraising Appeals Act to raise funds for “victims of crime” or in any other capacity.

VEXNEWS understands that FISA has raised tens of thousands of dollars in grants and donations.

INVESTOR’S CRIES FALL ON DEAF EARS
Gupta’s private business interests are likely to attract considerable public attention next year, according to a VEXNEWS investigation.

Gupta is an audiologist by trade. In 2006 he set up a company called ‘Symphony Hearing’ and set up shop on High Street (near corner of St Kilda Road on the grounds of the Deaf Association building). A friend of his Harjinder Soni invested around $250,000 to finance the establishment of the hearing testing facility.

Gupta had secured the funds through a presentation he made which included very detailed information about the business of running an audiology centre; it seems that the information was directly taken from his previous employer ‘The Hearing Space’, a large chain of retail audiologists that are common in suburban shopping centres.

His former employer Hearing Space detected Gupta downloading company files at 2 o’clock one morning. Industry insiders say the company took immediate action including threatening to sack him and calling Victoria Police. Gupta resigned.

Still armed with looted files, Gupta produced an impressive presentation labelled “Symphony Hearing” and set about attracting investors.

A civil engineer by the name of Babu Akula, the then VP of the Federation of Indian Associations (Victoria), introduced Gupta to his friend, Harjinder Soni, who sat on the committee of the Carrum Downs Hindu Temple.

After a year, business hadn’t been great and Symphony Hearing wound up leaving nothing for the investor who is believed to have commenced legal proceedings against Gupta to recover the $250,000 investment.

While Symphony Hearing didn’t do well, Gupta in the meantime had purchased a two storey property in Burwood and a proudly Aussie made gas guzzler Ford Territory. Gupta was employed on a substantial salary by the company, as was his wife Anu Gupta although she was rarely seen there.

VEXNEWS understands that Gupta’s critics have said that he was in the practice of employing Indian students as ‘audiologists’ in the shop even when they were not qualified to do so.

Gupta is no longer in business but is believed to draw an income from FISA which has attracted a large number of donations from people genuinely concerned about the welfare of Indian students in Australia.

With friends like Gautam Gupta, they don’t need enemies.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://mrgautamgupta.blogspot.com/

GAUTAM GUPTA....A Fraudster Without Shame

I am the 'President' of the Federation of Indian Students.

I am also the 'Secretary' of the Federation of Indian Students.

I am also the 'Treasurer' of the Federation of Indian Students.

I am also the 'Media Spokesperson' of the Federation of Indian Students.

I am also the 'Founding Member' of the Federation of Indian Students.

I am many things to many people....I am Gautam Gupta, A Fraudster Without Shame.

I use FISA - a 'student organisation' with only 5 members according to official government records and unaffiliated to any other Indian community organisations - as a tool to collect government grants to supplement my income as an illegal loan shark and rooming house operator after the collapse of my business 'Symphony Hearing'.

FISA has been raking it in thanks to the gullibility of Australian government agencies. Indian bashings are good for business. Who did you think took the photos of unconscious Indian students lying in a hospital bed? Little did the dumb arses from Darebin Council, Department of Immigration and the Victrorian government realise it was I was who created the media storm about 'student bashings' to then directly profit from the government's attempts to fix the situation by providing grants to FISA.

From the bottom of my heart Australia, I say 'thank you'. I am living the Australian dream.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUESS WHO AM I

Clue 1) I am a bankrupt businessman who's business 'Symphony Hearing' collapsed with debts to the Australian Tax Office, suppliers and contractors after only 1 year.

Clue 2) I claim to 'represent' INDIAN students but I have frequently underpaid INDIAN workers and am under investigation from the Australian government's Workplace Authority.

Clue 2) I operate illegal and unregistered rooming houses exploiting INDIAN students who are forced to live on the ground in 'furnished accommodation' four students per room using 'sheets' as room dividers.

Clue 3) I operate an illegal and unregistered loan shark business targeting INDIAN students in East St Kilda out of an empty apartment and use their passports as collateral.

Clue 4) I have used untrained and unqualified INDIAN students to pose as 'audiologists' targeting weak and elderly Australians in shopping malls claiming they require over priced Siemans hearing aids after bogus 'testing' and then sell unlicensed cheap Chinese copies.

Clue 5) I was elected President of the Swinburne University Student Union in 2002 and then after 6 months I was dumped, investigated by the Victoria Police's Fraud Squad and sued in the Supreme Court of Victoria for corruption charges.

Clue 6) I have organised sham 'contract marriages' between INDIAN permanent residents of Australia and their bogus partners collecting a commission from parents of the spouse in India and the UAE.

Clue 7) I receive Centrelink benefits as an 'unemployed Australian citizen' yet frequently pose as an INDIAN community representative to collect cash grants from the Australian government that are intended to serve the INDIAN community.

Clue 8) I take photos of unconscious INDIAN students in hospital and then sell those photos to Indian news agencies.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just saw the news on TV, Indian hackers are targeting Aussie businesses and posting messages on their site saying that Aussies should stop their racist attacks. I'll try and find a link to it tomorrow.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder if this is happening in Singapore as well?

Some Indian students come to Australia as par of organized crime. Their primary purpose of coming here is to bring black money of politicians and invest here. Show on record that they work here and earn a lot. They send the money as a genuine earning to India. They forge papers when money is transferred. That is, if $1000 is sent from here at the other end it comes out on papers as $100000. They constantly look for people to be a part of this crime. They search for business partners in Indian stores, Indian restaurants. As a business partner only their name is required and they do not have to invest any money. When such gangs come into existence there is rivalry among gangs.

Also you should know that politics, educational institutes, companies and media are intertwined. The colleges, media and companies are owned by politicians. They decide what is to be said in the media.

Politicians have built hundreds of colleges and they do not want people to go out and study. So they create fear among people in India. Many institutions have tie-ups with American universities where they do part of their study in India and par in US, where by both politicians and US benefits. They tried getting making such arrangement in Australia but they were not successful.

The aim of Indian media to to cover up the gangs that they have created in Australia and to create fear among people in India.

Institutes such as Sathyabama Engineering College, Vellore Engineering college are owned by politicians or ex-politicians. Even getting into so called prestigious institutions is corrupt. The exam papers for All India Medical Exam, IIT exam are sold in black market for few lakhs. People with recommendation or power get into these institutes. Based on what I hae heard, the papers and marks are being swapped.

India is corrupt to the core, from politicians to clerk. In centralized marking system in the universities there is an amount to pay to get whatever marks you wanted. Now colleges have become deemed universities, imagine atrocities that will be going on inside.

All Indians are not bad. Many are lured to it because they cannot earn good money doing petty jobs in India. So they join hands with politicians in all crimes from money laundering to smuggling. There are many people who want to live a righteous life. But, with Indian movies portraying rich life with big car, beautiful girls and money people are ready to do anything to get such life.

I have doubts if this man doused his car and himself in petrol for mere $11,000 insurance money. Was he under instruction from any politician to do this act to feed Indian media with more racist attack news. May be his family in India has been paid money more than $11,000.

http://www.vexnews.com/news/8072/in...ndia-burning-its-relationship-with-australia/

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info and the link mate, I have no idea its a bigger "conspiracy" then it is. Aussie university have a strong reputation in my opinion. UNSW tried setting a campus in Singapore once but never went through due to financial viability. There are many "twining" colleges in Malaysia, but standard of teaching there is not on par with the quality here. I think the academics are well aware of providing quality then just a paper churning factory. :biggrin:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
neddy: that wall of text you posted was a comment from anonymous. Mayb if there were some credible sources......

If you research harder, perhaps you will find more sources.
There is no smoke without fire.

Anonymous perhaps to protect him/herself?

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the reason why I said SG is better.. soon I will be heading home... Hopefully the govt wont force me to return my CPF sitting at 10% return...
:biggrin:

Indians can't get visa in US and UK, now OZ is stopping them from coming, i guess their last option will be Singapore. I can forsee Little India is not enough to accomodate so many of them, very soon they have to start infest other neighbourhood. Imagine one in 5 Sporeans will be a indian in the future...interesting...