• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chan CS vision on MCYS

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Important to look at outdated policies with fresh eyes: Chan Chun Sing
By S Ramesh | Posted: 22 May 2011 1606 hrs
Chan Chun Sing, PAP

Photos 1 of 1

Chan Chun Sing, PAP

Video
Important to look at outdated policies with fresh eyes: Chan Chun Sing

SINGAPORE: Helping the needy, engaging the youth and enhancing sports to the next level - these are some of the key priorities for the new Acting Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, Major-General Chan Chun Sing.

He said it's important to look at policies which may be outdated or no more relevant from a fresh perspective.

Major-General Chan shared his vision and goals, after the ComChest Heartstrings Walk Sunday morning at Marina Bay, that raised more than S$1 million.

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong flagged off the 5,000-strong contingent that embarked on the four-kilometre Charity Fun Walk.

It was also the first public event for the new Acting Minister for Community Development Youth and Sports or MCYS, a day after he was sworn in.

The work of the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports involves all strata of Singapore society and these include the young, the women, the old and the disabled.

While much has been achieved over the last few years in addressing the needs of all those who require help, the new Minister said no stone would be left unturned to look at all policies to ensure that no one falls through the cracks.

Major-General Chan said he wants to further the "many helping hands approach."

"We want to encourage more volunteers (to come forward), like our youth for example; they are highly enthusiastic, they want a stake in our society. If we can find ways to engage the youth to come forth and work with all the voluntary organisations, then I think we have a win-win situation where the energy of the youth is channelled very purposefully and to help the less fortunate children at risk, the kind of work we do at MCYS," said Major-General Chan.

Other areas of focus include helping needy families, bringing out the best in every child and addressing the concerns of broken familes.

"All policies which I have always said, are only correct and appropriate at a certain point in time. We must never be complacent, we must constantly look at the policies with fresh eyes as and when they are no longer relevant or outdated, we must be prepared to adjust according to the times," added Major-General Chan.

The Community Chest aims to raise some S$55 million this year to support 70 charities.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
We want to encourage more volunteers (to come forward), like our youth for example; they are highly enthusiastic, they want a stake in our society....All policies which I have always said, are only correct and appropriate at a certain point in time. We must never be complacent, we must constantly look at the policies with fresh eyes as and when they are no longer relevant or outdated, we must be prepared to adjust according to the times," added Major-General Chan.

Expect to have enforced "volunteerism".... Civil servants can expect to do a lot more stand by bed, stand by office desk, stand by procedure, parade duty... turn out etc... Ho sey liao... more good years...

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
We want to encourage more volunteers (to come forward), like our youth for example; they are highly enthusiastic, they want a stake in our society....All policies which I have always said, are only correct and appropriate at a certain point in time. We must never be complacent, we must constantly look at the policies with fresh eyes as and when they are no longer relevant or outdated, we must be prepared to adjust according to the times," added Major-General Chan.

Expect to have enforced "volunteerism".... Civil servants can expect to do a lot more stand by bed, stand by office desk, stand by procedure, parade duty... turn out etc... Ho sey liao... more good years...

maybe those guys that volunteer will be exempt from IPPT

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be more like ECA points. You don't have to do but others doing it have a better chance of Goin to the good schools or courses. I can tell his pattern oredi.

Expect a lot of policies and procedures to change and additional new ones to be implemented. Very likely to be just as ineffective as the old procedures but a lot more tedious. This is my experience in NS when we have a change in C.O. They measure themselves by how stressed subordinates look and how late they go home.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok my advance warning to oppos and oppos supporters here ok. What I see PM is doing is very clever. He give these people 2 year to perfom. The screw up one will be demote and promote another one. From what can see, most of them will do well, except a few that forummers fuck until high heaven one. So what will happen in 3 year when PM can deliver and do well and address concern and put economy back up again?

Call erections! Best time to catch Aljunied and Hougang unawares and with nothing to kpkb about, with no proper plans or viable or comparable mensfestos, the oppos will start falling on each other. Result can be oppos lost GRC or even lost everything. Who say erections must be 2016? It is when PM thinks he can gets the mostest votes! So oppos you better start working now!