• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Celebrities behaving badly

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pls le. They are not celebrities. They are just a piece of shit which stupid sinkies believe that they are celebrities. They are nothing but a piece of overnight scum

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fined $300 and escaped.
Kangaroo laws, what moral authority do they have to talk about CNY visit limitations.
I heard MediaCorp management talked to somebody that MediaCorp will take action and so they don’t have to be questioned or charged ? True ?

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ex-actor Huang Yiliang sentenced to 10 months' jail for assaulting worker with metal scraper
Huang Yiliang was also ordered to pay the victim $3,300 in compensation.

Huang Yiliang was also ordered to pay the victim $3,300 in compensation.ST PHOTO: KELVIN CHNG
shaffiq_alkhatib.png

Shaffiq Alkhatib
Court Correspondent

26 FEB 2021

SINGAPORE - Retired local actor-director Ng Aik Leong, better known as Huang Yiliang, was sentenced on Friday (Feb 26) to 10 months' imprisonment for assaulting a Bangladeshi worker in 2018.

The Singaporean, 59, used a metal scraper to hit the worker, Mr Jahidul, twice in the abdomen and once on the head at the Singapore Islamic Hub (SIH) in Braddell Road at around 4.30pm on Dec 11 that year.

As a result, Mr Jahidul, who goes by only one name, suffered injuries to his scalp and torso.

Ng was also ordered to pay the victim $3,300 in compensation.

Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority records show that Ng is a director of two companies: Hyl Enterprise, which deals with plumbing works, and movie production company Red Group Studio.

The former actor was on Jan 22 found guilty of one count of assault following a trial.

Ng also has an unrelated charge of disturbing the public peace. He is accused of fighting with one Mogana Raj Saravanan on June 9, 2019.

This case will be dealt with at a later date.

Mr Jahidul, 34, testified during the trial last year that Ng frequently yelled at and threatened him, even challenging him to fights.

On Dec 11, 2018, Ng was upset with the Bangladeshi national for not following his instructions while doing some cleaning works at SIH.

Mr Jahidul told the court that his boss threw a plastic pail and wooden plank at him. The pail struck his back, forcing him to climb down from a ladder he was on.
Ng then assaulted him with the metal scraper.

Ng, who was not represented by a lawyer, claimed during the trial that Mr Jahidul had given the former actor the right to hit him.

He said Mr Jahidul treated him "as his father", adding: "This is what he told me: 'I allow you to hammer me because I do things so slowly.'"

Ng also claimed that Mr Jahidul was "acting" and exaggerating his injuries to make them out to be "100 times worse than they actually were".

Ng was an actor for more than 20 years and was named Best Supporting Actor at the annual Star Awards three times - in 2002, 2003 and 2006.

He left Mediacorp in 2008 to set up a production house.

Those convicted of causing hurt with a weapon can be jailed for up to seven years and fined or caned. Ng cannot be caned as he is over 50 years old.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mediacorp to part with actor Shane Pow after his drink-driving charge; says actor kept them in dark
Though Shane Pow is now parting ways with Mediacorp, he is required to complete outstanding work until May 4.

Though Shane Pow is now parting ways with Mediacorp, he is required to complete outstanding work until May 4.PHOTO: SHANE POW/INSTAGRAM
Jan Lee

Apr 26, 2021

SINGAPORE - Broadcaster Mediacorp is terminating its contract with actor Shane Pow, 29, who was charged last Thursday (April 22) with drink driving.
In a statement released on Monday, Mediacorp said Pow had kept them in the dark: "Mediacorp would like to clarify that we were not aware of the drink driving charge involving Shane Pow prior to it being reported in the media on April 22."
Mediacorp added: "We do not condone any behaviour that runs afoul of the law. We constantly remind our artistes that their fans and members of the public look to them as role models, and they are expected to behave as such.
"Shane did not inform the artiste management team about this matter that took place in September 2020. He was also recently found to have breached Covid-19 safe management measures in an incident that took place in October, 2020. He was fined for this offence and internal disciplinary action was also taken.
"Taking into account all the above issues, Mediacorp has decided to part ways with Shane."
Pow was one of 13 people who attended Mediacorp artiste Jeffrey Xu's birthday party on Oct 2 last year. The party was a breach of Covid-19 restrictions, which at that time required group gatherings to be kept to groups of five or less.

Actor Terence Cao, who hosted the party at his residence, and a male guest named Lance Lim Chee Keong were charged under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act in March. The group landed in trouble after they post pictures of the celebration to social media.
Though he is now parting ways with Mediacorp, Pow, who is under Mediacorp's talent management arm The Celebrity Agency, is required to complete outstanding work until May 4.
He also took part in filming two upcoming drama series Soul Old Yet So Young and The Heartland Hero, which are scheduled to air in June and July respectively. These will air as planned as filming and production with Pow has been largely completed.
Pow was talent-spotted at Singapore Manhunt finals in 2011 and has since acted in series such as Mister Flower (2020) and C.L.I.F. 5 (2019).
He received the Top 10 Most Popular Male Artiste award in 2015.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mediacorp added: "We do not condone any behaviour that runs afoul of the law. We constantly remind our artistes that their fans and members of the public look to them as role models, and they are expected to behave as such.

Who actually looks to those Mediacock 戏子 clowns as role models? Behind the glitz and glamour, most of them are dysfunctional basket cases with plenty of sins. :rolleyes:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Former radio DJ Daniel Ong fined for underpaying workers​

Former DJ Daniel Ong pleaded guilty to 10 charges under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.

Former DJ Daniel Ong pleaded guilty to 10 charges under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.PHOTO: ST FILE
ds15042021_0.png

David Sun

May 21, 2021

SINGAPORE - Former radio DJ Daniel Ong Ming Yu, 45, was fined $65,000 on Friday (May 21) for failing to prevent Twelve Cupcakes from underpaying its foreign workers.
Ong had co-founded the confectionery chain in 2011 with then-wife artiste, Jaime Teo Chai-lin, 43.
He pleaded guilty to 10 charges under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act.
Another 14 similar charges were taken into consideration for sentencing.
Teo was fined $65,000 in March after pleading guilty to 10 similar charges.
The duo employed foreign workers in 2012, and seven of those workers were underpaid between 2013 and 2016.

They included four customer service executives, two sales executives and a pastry chef.
The pastry chef was supposed to receive a monthly salary of $2,300 in mid-2014, but received $1,600 instead and continued receiving the lower salary until mid-2016.
The court heard the arrears in salary totalling $98,900 from when the pair owned the company remained outstanding to the workers.
No restitution has been made.
Ong and Teo sold the firm to Kolkata-based Dhunseri Group for $2.5 million in 2016.
In January, Twelve Cupcakes, under its current owner, was fined $119,500 for underpaying seven of its foreign employees, including one worker who received only about half of the wages at times.
The company was convicted on Dec 10, last year, of 15 counts of underpaying the employees in 2017 and 2018.
For each charge under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act, Ong could have been jailed for up to a year and fined up to $10,000.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our so called celebrities are nothing more than narcissistic delusional workers paid to act drama on in front of the camera.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actor Terence Cao fined $3,500 for hosting 12 people at his home amid Covid-19 outbreak​

Veteran actor Terence Cao Guohui had breached phase two regulations that restricted social gatherings to no more than five people.

Veteran actor Terence Cao Guohui had breached phase two regulations that restricted social gatherings to no more than five people.ST PHOTO: KELVIN CHNG
shaffiq_alkhatib.png

Shaffiq Alkhatib
Court Correspondent

May 25, 2021

SINGAPORE - Veteran actor Terence Cao Guohui has admitted that he unlawfully hosted 12 guests at his home amid the Covid-19 outbreak last October and was fined $3,500 on Tuesday (May 25).
Cao, 53, pleaded guilty to an offence under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act after hosting the party at his condominium apartment in Daisy Road, off Braddell Road.
The Singaporean had breached phase two regulations that restricted social gatherings to no more than five people.
He was the last person involved in this case to be convicted in court.
One of the guests, former magazine editor Lance Lim Chee Keong, 50, who had invited four people to the gathering, was fined $3,000 last week over an offence under the same Act.
The court heard that Cao had initially organised a gathering at his home for himself and five others last October.

It was held to celebrate Cao's birthday as well as those of two other artistes, Shane Pow Xun Ping, 30, and Jeffrey Xu Mingjie, 32.
Lim later invited four more people and the total number of guests swelled to 12 as the celebrations progressed.
The event received flak on social media after pictures of the unmasked group went viral online.
Twelve guests were in the unit between 9pm on Oct 2 last year and 1am the following day.

Among them were seven artistes - Julie Tan Shaoyin, 29; Sonia Nicola Chew, 30; Dawn Yeoh Yishan, 34; Jeremy Chan Ming Yuew, 39; Heng Tee Kok, 45; Pow and Mr Xu.
The five other guests were managers Tan Jun Chuan, 30; Debbie Lu Shuyi, 33; and Eleanor Wang Chunwei, 34; part-time model Valnice Yek Jia Hui, 22, and Lim.
Eleven of those in the gathering had earlier been fined $300 in lieu of being prosecuted due to their lower level of culpability.

ak_jx_250521.jpg

The event received flak on social media after pictures of the unmasked group went viral online. PHOTO: JEFFREY XU/INSTAGRAM

The celebrities have since apologised via Mediacorp, saying they "deeply regret" their actions.
Following the incident, Ms Chew was dropped from hosting Mediacorp's annual countdown show.
Pow, on the other hand, was handed an unrelated drink-driving charge last month, and Mediacorp has since terminated his contract. His case involving this charge is pending.

First-time offenders who breach laws under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act can be jailed for up to six months and fined up to $10,000.
Repeat offenders can be jailed for up to a year and fined up to $20,000.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Actor Gurmit Singh gets S$800 fine, 3-month driving ban for speeding at 131km/h

By LOUISA TANG
Published JUNE 08, 2021
1623137737327.png

Raj Nadarajan/TODAY
Gurmit Singh leaving the State Courts on June 8, 2021. He was fined S$800 and banned from driving for three months for speeding.

SINGAPORE — Comedian and actor Gurmit Singh was fined S$800 and given a three-month driving ban on Tuesday (June 8) for speeding.

The 56-year-old, whose full name is Gurmit Singh Virk Chainchal Singh, pleaded guilty to a single charge under Section 63(4) of the Road Traffic Act.

He had clocked 131km/h while driving along Woodlands Avenue 12 towards Seletar Expressway on April 12 this year at about 9.30pm. This was 61km/h above the speed limit of 70km/h.

He appeared in court dressed in a dark grey dress shirt and blue disposable mask.

When a police prosecutor said the prosecution was seeking an order to disqualify him from driving, he said his wife had driven him to court, and that he hoped he could keep his licence and pay the fine.

“I know I drove fast but I have a story to tell… I was driving to get my son from his internship workplace and I noticed a flapping sound from the car,” Singh told District Judge Salina Ishak.

He added that he wanted his son to hear the sound but that it only “comes out at 100km/h”.

“I’m not saying I should drive at that speed on that street but it was just a short spurt. I don’t know how I clocked 131km/h. I’m not a reckless driver, it was just a one-off thing.

“But again, I realise I should not be driving so fast at that stretch of road,” he said.

When the judge said Singh could have put both his own and his son’s lives in danger, he responded: “I understand, Your Honour. I regret doing what I did.”

For speeding, first-time offenders can be fined up to S$1,000 or jailed for up to three months, while repeat offenders can be fined up to S$2,000 or jailed for up to six months.

Those convicted can also be disqualified from holding or obtaining a driving licence.

Singh is most known for portraying nouveau riche contractor Phua Chu Kang in the sitcom Phua Chu Kang Pte Ltd, which ran from 1997 to 2007 on Mediacorp’s Channel 5.

He was a full-time Mediacorp artiste from 1994 to 2014, announcing then that he was giving up his television career to spend more time with his family.

Most recently, when the Covid-19 pandemic hit last year, he reprised the role three times on the gov.sg channel.

Last month, he appeared in a two-minute-long music video in support of Singapore’s vaccination campaign, which was mentioned by news outlets in Australia and the United Kingdom.

Back in 2003 during the severe acute respiratory syndrome (Sars) outbreak, the eccentric contractor rapped about taking precautions and practising good hygiene in the famous Sar-Vivor rap song.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$800 niah....if it is ordinary sinkie, it'll probably be at least $3000. It pays to work in mediacock, somehow these fuckers can get away with many offences.