• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CECA strikes again

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bill, can you kindly do me a favour? Summarise your piece to one short paragraph. It's my fault, I have an aversion to lengthy writeups. Thanks!:biggrin:

I understand. Do forgive my poor writing style. It is already as short as I can manage. It's ok if none read my posts. What is posted in SBF is for posterity, a reference for some seeking for information.

One liners will not change the World. Points need to be fleshed out, articulated & elaborated upon, with facts, evidences, reason & logic for better comprehension.

The insignificant nobody me thanks you for your input. I will try to do better next time.

To return back to this thread, may more share info on what companies are doing in employment terms of locals, so as to give our local grads - ITE, Poly, Uni or PMETs a better chance & to our economy at large.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
The CECA Express is heading to the Lion City

main-qimg-8ff44b5a4f960466907fa3f798922d2a.webp

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even stat boards are taking in these Ceca Mongrels at the expense of Sinkie graduates. Sinkieland is the land of hopes and dreams for CECA Kelings.

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even stat boards are taking in these Ceca Mongrels at the expense of Sinkie graduates. Sinkieland is the land of hopes and dreams for CECA Kelings.
I have a pile of rejection emails and LinkedIn profiles of all the foreign HR and foreign hiring managers will post it here soon

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is the only country in the world that employs non citizens into their civil service….
Yes. I was doing some errands during the CNY eve when I saw 2 Keling Kias wearing blue polo Tee LTA uniforms at a supermarket. One looks and I knew straight away that they were not local Mamas.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these university rankings are rubbish as they do not incude the ability to secure employment.
CECA univeristies will out rank our so called world class universities if ability to get a job is included.
Anyway 70% can be easily placated by a few CDC vouchers to vote for more imports of foreigners

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based upon studies, Singaporean employers - many whom had little education but thru sheer hardwork & sacrifices over years, had been able to rise above competition & made their companies great if not existent till today.

There were appalled by equally UNSUSTAINABLE expectations from employees - high salaries, high benefits & heck, even secretaries or assistants, from ITE to Poly & UNI grads.....

Thus their hesitancy in hiring locals, whereby CHEAP grads from overseas are readily available without such expectations, & would stay longer to build up a company, as in truth, it only needs the 3 Rs, improve oneself with training to elevate to higher responsibilities.

However, it is only a huge mistake employees had made, as Singaporean grads from ITE, Poly to Uni, while not perfect as no mortal is, they are highly trained & would progress a company further than some cheap grad from a dubious & low ranking uni where cheating is a way of life. Worse still, in the pursuit of degrees, they come from degree mills where just the ability to make a cup of coffee is offered a Uni degree.

However, IT IS A MYTH that local grads demand such. It is only a DESIRE, but NOT a REALITY of most. Some from wealthy families may have such feelings, but MOST Singaporeans come from mid classes & only NEEDS the OPPORTUNITY, a CHANCE to prove themselves of their worth to a company.

And LOCAL SMEs or MNCs DO have the responsibilities to offer such chances to locals, because ultimately, if locals are shunned at employment, eventually the company itself will collapse as no locals, being unemployed, will be able to purchase any product or services offered, a proven case which happened in USA in 2009 when tightening, retrenchments & jobs were off-shored which led to its National financial crisis.

It is just about BALANCING expectations from both employer & employees. Furthermore, most employees, regardless if UNI grad or N level grad, will understand if properly explained at an interview by more cautious employers that they would have to start at the bottom to prove their worth, regardless of their diplomas but at a shorter time frame than others with lesser qualifications, before rising to higher RESPONSIBILITIES as a PARTNER in the growth, prosperity & evolution of a company....

It takes two to clap, & fortunately in Singapore, with MOM & our Tripartite Council to intervene when necessary...

Last edited: