• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CECA, Comprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreement, Singapore with India, Why?

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Union n PA are bullshit in sg , only 61% are still blur,they may seem to be owning cars n EC n condo pigeons holes but they are broke, if they lost jobs then bye bye

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It appears that through CECA, Singapore corporations may invest in India, and gain access to the Indian market, but may have sold out Singaporeans.
It would be desirable for the relevant government agencies to provide full disclosure.

CECA is to allow Temasek to gamble away our money in India. They must have lost untold billions by now. If GST goes up, you know who and what to blame.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CECA is to allow Temasek to gamble away our money in India. They must have lost untold billions by now. If GST goes up, you know who and what to blame.
I also believe that the government signed CECA so as to allow government linked entities to invest in India.
For the sake of accountability and integrity, the government should be honest and forthright, and provide a detailed accounting of amounts invested per calendar year, divestment, realized gains and losses, unrealized gains and losses.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the sake of accountability and integrity, the government should be honest and forthright, and provide a detailed accounting of amounts invested per calendar year, divestment, realized gains and losses, unrealized gains and losses.
hahahaha u made me choke on my chai latte.

PAP accountable? when hell freezes over while pigs fly over heaven.

they do as they please while we weep.

They are just a bunch of overpaid, mediocre bureaucrats. Throw any of them into the the private sector and watch them flounder.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahahaha u made me choke on my chai latte.

PAP accountable? when hell freezes over while pigs fly over heaven.

they do as they please while we weep.

They are just a bunch of overpaid, mediocre bureaucrats. Throw any of them into the the private sector and watch them flounder.
I thought the PAP has always emphasized that they are honest and incorruptible. And they also claimed that in order that they do not succumbed to bribes and corruption, they should be paid close to "market levsl" compensation" based on their formula.
The government also claimed that in order to retain capable and smart individuals, especially scholars, they should also pay the scholars and senior civil servants very well.
They may also claimed that they have a monopoly of smart or very smart individuals.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its a sellout of its citizens for the benefit of big businesses.

No other country has an FTA with India except stupid Singapore.
Bully LKY occupied 80% of businesses GLC in Singapore. Leaving CAQ Loong to do what he likes...
I thought the PAP has always emphasized that they are honest and incorruptible. And they also claimed that in order that they do not succumbed to bribes and corruption, they should be paid close to "market levsl" compensation" based on their formula.
The government also claimed that in order to retain capable and smart individuals, especially scholars, they should also pay the scholars and senior civil servants very well.
They may also claimed that they have a monopoly of smart or very smart individuals.

That was when nation building time need a strong leader iron fist LKY to succeed.

When his CAQ son take over, this incompetence sissy boy fumbled and will end PAP dominion to rule...

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal

to be clear, I'm not saying they are dishonest (though they are glib at times.)

I don't begrudge them their salaries. that debate is over. sure, pay them as much as it takes, but they better deliver exceptional results for that level of remuneration.

lack of accountability for all their fuck-ups to maintain their veneer of excellence which has started to peel off through their very mediocre results. that is the nub of it.

it was discussed some time back. successful individuals have a high combination of IQ, EQ and AQ (adversity quotient.) Our top dogs seem to have only 2 out of the 3. pick any 2.

the best and brightest often leave government service. perhaps some hung around after their bond, but by and large, a large chunk of the best leave. a couple hang around to make it to perm sec and beyond. I can't imagine these Uber Achievers being able to hunker down and deal with the bureaucracy of government. would love to see stats on number of scholars leaving service after their bond.

so them having a monopoly of the best and brightest is just another false narrative.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to be clear, I'm not saying they are dishonest (though they are glib at times.)

I don't begrudge them their salaries. that debate is over. sure, pay them as much as it takes, but they better deliver exceptional results for that level of remuneration.

lack of accountability for all their fuck-ups to maintain their veneer of excellence which has started to peel off through their very mediocre results. that is the nub of it.

it was discussed some time back. successful individuals have a high combination of IQ, EQ and AQ (adversity quotient.) Our top dogs seem to have only 2 out of the 3. pick any 2.

the best and brightest often leave government service. perhaps some hung around after their bond, but by and large, a large chunk of the best leave. a couple hang around to make it to perm sec and beyond. I can't imagine these Uber Achievers being able to hunker down and deal with the bureaucracy of government. would love to see stats on number of scholars leaving service after their bond.

so them having a monopoly of the best and brightest is just another false narrative.
An excellent response.
Decades ago, when the government realized that too many scholars (especially the SAFOS, those from 1972 to 1977 A levels batches), were leaving, I recall that the government tried or did increase the compensation. I left Singapore in 1981, and did not kept abreast.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
very intense multiplier effects BUT FOR PAPIGS ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
why the fuck would anyone want to invest in india, it is nuclear disaster ground zero

1626580754785.png

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is : From the beginning,it was a wrong strategy/policy by the pap of sacrificing sinkees in exchange for the right to invest in INDIAN companies.
NO ONE in the PAP got the balls to tell the Emperor that it was a wrong policy. Everyone in the PAP pretend to see nothing,hear nothing and know nothing .Although everyone in the PAP got eyes and ears can see that The Emperor is NAKED. After 15 years of CECA,still NO ONE in the PAP got the balls to tell the CAQ Emperor that he is in fact NAKED showing his prick and two dingdong balls.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regardless of the access to the Indian market, it is unforgivable not to protect the locals and their employment and profession, from the thousands of Indians, who may have fake qualifications and some with very little work and professional experience.
I hope that the Workers Party and other politicians will review CECA thoroughly and voice the weaknesses and concerns.

Workers Party is sleeping on CECA.... count on Lim Tean of PV who is very passionate about protecting jobs for S'poreans by get rid of CECA.

Go to FB and read what Lim Tean has talked about CECA since ministers OYK & Tan came out to call Tan Chin Bok's PSP as racist for wanting to debate about CECA in Parliament.

The only way to get rid of CECA is to vote the incumbent out of office... for they know that if not for CECA they would have lost East Coast & West Coast GRCs in the last GE.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Workers Party is sleeping on CECA.... count on Lim Tean of PV who is very passionate about protecting jobs for S'poreans by get rid of CECA.

Go to FB and read what Lim Tean has talked about CECA since ministers OYK & Tan came out to call Tan Chin Bok's PSP as racist for wanting to debate about CECA in Parliament.

The only way to get rid of CECA is to vote the incumbent out of office... for they know that if not for CECA they would have lost East Coast & West Coast GRCs in the last GE.
Why should the WP get their feet wet in CECA when PAP is getting themselves in the noose voluntarily.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oppo keep trying to get more win but voters rejected, don't blame the hard-working oppo but the fucking 61% voters..

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
An excellent response.
Decades ago, when the government realized that too many scholars (especially the SAFOS, those from 1972 to 1977 A levels batches), were leaving, I recall that the government tried or did increase the compensation. I left Singapore in 1981, and did not kept abreast.
I suppose many of the successful personality types would find life in the civil service too stifling. there is only that much room for dissent and mavericks. these highly intelligent and independent minds would be suffocated by the bureaucracy of government.

it's only natural they leave for organizations that better value their abilities rather than stay and toe the line, enslaved to some archaic rule book written by stuffy old men (and women.)

money isn't the biggest motivation for them though I'm sure it ranks high in the list. and money makes things worse, for those who stay and reach superscale salaries, they grow increasingly risk adverse as they have more to lose. we are trapped in that cycle as no one would dare to rock the boat enough to bring about change and lose their jobs.

it's quite simple, either the civil service evolves or they risk losing all their talent and slide into a state of mediocrity.

mudhatter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is : From the beginning,it was a wrong strategy/policy by the pap of sacrificing sinkees in exchange for the right to invest in INDIAN companies.
NO ONE in the PAP got the balls to tell the Emperor that it was a wrong policy. Everyone in the PAP pretend to see nothing,hear nothing and know nothing .Although everyone in the PAP got eyes and ears can see that The Emperor is NAKED. After 15 years of CECA,still NO ONE in the PAP got the balls to tell the CAQ Emperor that he is in fact NAKED showing his prick and two dingdong balls.

I have heard this ridiculous argument lots of times. Doesnt make any sense.

1. Why don't any other countries in the world need to ratify similar CECA deal with ceca to invest there?

2. How comes Sinkies have not joined Lim Tean's call for protest against CECA in massive numbers? How come stinkies never oust PAP from power if there is such a great undercurrrent of resentment against CECA and other mistakes by PAP pigs?

As a venerable author once eloquently put it,
Most of the local population, however, did not benefit commensurately from the increase in foreign economic activity. Many Singaporeans were employed as lowly paid rickshaw pullers, boatmen, fishermen or market gardeners. These coolies lived in shophouses, often in crammed and squalid conditions. A domestic economy sprang up within the community, with vendors and artisans offering a panoply of services ranging from street food to haircuts. Opium dens and prostitute houses proliferated.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose many of the successful personality types would find life in the civil service too stifling. there is only that much room for dissent and mavericks. these highly intelligent and independent minds would be suffocated by the bureaucracy of government.

it's only natural they leave for organizations that better value their abilities rather than stay and toe the line, enslaved to some archaic rule book written by stuffy old men (and women.)

money isn't the biggest motivation for them though I'm sure it ranks high in the list. and money makes things worse, for those who stay and reach superscale salaries, they grow increasingly risk adverse as they have more to lose. we are trapped in that cycle as no one would dare to rock the boat enough to bring about change and lose their jobs.

it's quite simple, either the civil service evolves or they risk losing all their talent and slide into a state of mediocrity.

In US u find all old lawyers in WH and CH clinging to their political fat pay jobs....

Now u see US is declining lawyers just hang inside WH and CH to stirshits every things ....