• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Catherine Lim's latest: The disarray in the PAP

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope you are right but it is not that simple to unseat PAP, they still have a few tricks up their sleeve. The final card is a military intervention tr restore law and order and to save the country's reserve from being looted by freak election results. Absorbing all the SAF Generals into Party and Politics are not by chance but by choice.

another massive blackout might help

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?45744-LIE-KY-was-voted-out-in-1963-landslide-43-51-seats

post#2, portion in red

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The final card is a military intervention tr restore law and order and to save the country's reserve from being looted by freak election results. Absorbing all the SAF Generals into Party and Politics are not by chance but by choice.

Hm... Maybe the current sarin gas attack in Syria may give additional options to them for consideration. Afterall, Sinkie Land is so small, just initiate a few attacks in Bedok, AMK, Jurong East and Bukit Panjang simultaneously before they leave with their loot on an SQ A380 from Changi will suffice.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
In today's Internet media and connectivity, there is no better truth than any for the PAP. There is no escape for the PAP. They used to tightly control the publishing and broadcasting medias, but they're of irrelevance now, especially in this Internet era.

All of this is true but the key point is that it is not significant if the PAP has suffered no real and regular blows from "today's Internet media and connectivity". Thus far, the only blow (if you can even call it that) it has suffered due to "today's Internet media and connectivity" is the Brompton bike fiasco. If I have missed out any other examples please add on, so that a convincing argument can be made about the supposed political significance of "today's Internet media and connectivity".

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of this is true but the key point is that it is not significant if the PAP has suffered no real and regular blows from "today's Internet media and connectivity". Thus far, the only blow (if you can even call it that) it has suffered due to "today's Internet media and connectivity" is the Brompton bike fiasco. If I have missed out any other examples please add on, so that a convincing argument can be made about the supposed political significance of "today's Internet media and connectivity".

Bro, it's starting to take its toll. Otherwise, they would not have loss the Aljunied GRC and even more badly in the last By-Election. If only half of those 60.1% could be more Internet savvy like us,... sigh...

However, there are still the 35% elites who are die-hard supporters of the PAP, no matter how treacherously they are being govern. These are in fact the beneficiaries and will die die continue to root for the PAP. I already knew several of these.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope you are right but it is not that simple to unseat PAP, they still have a few tricks up their sleeve. The final card is a military intervention tr restore law and order and to save the country's reserve from being looted by freak election results. Absorbing all the SAF Generals into Party and Politics are not by chance but by choice.

What is all this innuendo that the fucking stinkapore reserves will be looted by freak election results?

What are you trying to innuendo that the fucking PAP who screwed and fucked us of our money in the first place and stole our money
to under their control are saving our fucking reserves?

It is by kicking out all those PAP bastards that we can finally get back our OWN money and our destiny
That is a true wanted result, not a fucking freak election results

The elections done to date in stinkapore were all fucking manipulated and stolen from Singaporeans by the PAP bastards and walking bags of excrement

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Catherine Lim's commentary could have built more depth. It's a surface analysis only.

Contrary to her assessment, I think the reason for PAP losing ground was not jobs, economy or hard politics, but the housing, transport and population failures leading to overcrowdedness and high prices. The PAP obviously knows that too, that was why WKS, MBT and Raymond Lim went out of the cabinet (either shown the door or offered to resign).

The only 2 ways to regain lost ground is to solve these 3 problems or Singaporeans get used to such a lifestyle without blaming PAP. Either way is going to take very long, so I expect PAP to retain the present ground, lose more or lose power for at least within 4 elections.

If you think a good economy is going to keep PAP in power, it still depends on whether people benefit from strong GDP growth. Not in the present case.

Kenneth will probably be unhappy with Cath's statements on JBJ.

the cheongsam aunty is one hit wonder. been downhill ever since a great affective divide.

Last edited:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not to mention, the hordes of the poorer segments of the society who are denied of their hard-earned CPF money at age of 55:mad:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If only half of those 60.1% could be more Internet savvy like us,... sigh...

The 60.1% are all internet savvy and they're also intelligent enough to know that the anti PAP stuff is nothing but a load of bullshit.

I'm a prime example. I've been on the net since 1995 and have a good knowledge of how things work.

However, none of the anti government propaganda has affected my loyalty the the PAP. I will defend them to the hilt.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 60.1% are all internet savvy and they're also intelligent enough to know that the anti PAP stuff is nothing but a load of bullshit.

I'm a prime example. I've been on the net since 1995 and have a good knowledge of how things work.

However, none of the anti government propaganda has affected my loyalty the the PAP. I will defend them to the hilt.

Go defend them to the hilt.
Go find that metal shit bucket you shitted in with your family and 50 other familes
(which begs the question what your father was doing that you do not get to shit in your own toilet unlike me and all my classmates, must be the genes from your father)

When you find that bucket, stick your head in there and sing your hosannas to smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY there. There must be smears of shit in that bucket that can represent LKY to you

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
When you find that bucket, stick your head in there and sing your hosannas to smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY there. There must be smears of shit in that bucket that can represent LKY to you

Thank you for proving my point. :rolleyes:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hear, hear. I have been on the Internet when many of these forumers were still wearing diapers. Most people here think "Internet" means the web and torrent.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hear, hear. I have been on the Internet when many of these forumers were still wearing diapers. Most people here think "Internet" means the web and torrent.

Wah lao, I had also used BBS (bulletins) before the Internet in the late 80s with my trusty external 9Kbps (can't exactly remember its speed correctly) modem. The telex machine was another example, although it's mostly for commercial applications.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yah, yah, just like you have always been defending your beloved Sun Ho, but strangely, seldom seeing you doing this lately?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yah, yah, just like you have always been defending your beloved Sun Ho, but strangely, seldom seeing you doing this lately?

He cannot do 2 things at same time.
He defending and singing hosannas to that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY and the smears of shit on that metal shit bucket that he uses with 50 families

Horse must be left undefended while he is doing his bit in the shit bucket

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chan Can't Sing now full Minister
PAP kelong Chan Can't Sing into ParLeement!

Chan Can't Sing is a related to FamiLee!
He was placed under Tanjong Pagar GRC during erection there was work over!!!
So nobody vote him in, PAP kelong him in!
And made him Full Minister today what a Kelong !! Goal!!

He's a Buddy buddy of Mee Siam Mai Hum in the Army so called Paper General
w/o war experience!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyBap-T4ZDU

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
pap's hideous 3Cs: convince, confuse and con. now add another new C : conniving.

It seems to me that it is not so much a balancing act, as an act of carefully orchestrated ambiguity. Yes, ambiguity can be used as a political tool under certain circumstances. This skilfully crafted mixed strategy of ‘Blow hot, blow cold’, ‘Today we act tough, tomorrow we act nice’, ‘Today we ram through Parliament the highly unpopular White Paper despite your protests, tomorrow we smilingly invite you to join us in the Great Singapore Conversation’, is a ploy which, with its barrage of mixed signals will elicit a whole range of responses that will serve the PAP’s purpose in two ways.

- catherine lim