• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Caterpillar shuts plant cost 90 sinkie jobs

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The heavy machinery manufacturer Caterpillar has almost completed the closure of one of its facilities here at the cost of 90 jobs.

The move is part of a global restructuring plan announced last September that could see the American company axe 10,000 jobs and close more than 20 facilities over three years.

"(We closed the facility) late last year and we're still clearing it out. Some of the equipment is being auctioned off, most of the people have been let go," Caterpillar Singapore country manager Jeff Hardee told The Straits Times.

- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/90-jobs-lost-here-caterpillar-shuts-plant#sthash.H8NEhRt1.dpuf

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The heavy machinery manufacturer Caterpillar has almost completed the closure of one of its facilities here at the cost of 90 jobs.

The move is part of a global restructuring plan announced last September that could see the American company axe 10,000 jobs and close more than 20 facilities over three years.

"(We closed the facility) late last year and we're still clearing it out. Some of the equipment is being auctioned off, most of the people have been let go," Caterpillar Singapore country manager Jeff Hardee told The Straits Times.

- See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/news/90-jobs-lost-here-caterpillar-shuts-plant#sthash.H8NEhRt1.dpuf

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...ed-territory-caterpillar-retail-sales-have-ne

Caterpillar has been doing rather badly for the last three years......
I guess the writing is on the wall for those offices worldwide. They would close the regional offices first......

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just two years ago, there were not enough catepillar engines to go round. Must wait for over a year before it was delivered.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
obviously just to get rid of expensive sg workers ....... few weeks later hire cheep cheep f trashes

more likely it will happen this way... this is very pro and have been happening in the very own pro sinkieland.

what is labour chief doing about it, they ask you to go look for another lower pay job citing bad times.

sinkies are gutless and born stupid.:biggrin:

Last edited:

ArseneWenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many locals and foreigners? The report didn't state. If i missed the figures then excuse me for i am still celebrating our 4-0 thumping of Watford. Gooners are unpredictable. :biggrin:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
obviously just to get rid of expensive sg workers ....... few weeks later hire cheep cheep f trashes

this old trick is beri effective.... serves many employers well for the past many...many years
this is the price sinkies pay for having useless union leaders :biggrin: :biggrin:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many locals and foreigners? The report didn't state. If i missed the figures then excuse me for i am still celebrating our 4-0 thumping of Watford. Gooners are unpredictable. :biggrin:

The PAP press would have you believe all these 90 jobs that could have gone to singaporeans are gone for good.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China's construction slow down so demand for heavy equipment is affected. Last decade or so caterpillar and john deer were earning like siao.

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can sell demolition equipment. So many built but unoccupied ghost town in china. Tear down and create job opportunity again.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thought they are making shoes now?

CmW3hhg.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can sell demolition equipment. So many built but unoccupied ghost town in china. Tear down and create job opportunity again.

Chinese building quality is questionable.. buildings there might just crumble after 10 years. This is what locals call 豆腐渣工程 .. building project materials made from crushed soy beans

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese building quality is questionable.. buildings there might just crumble after 10 years. This is what locals call 豆腐渣工程 .. building project materials made from crushed soy beans

soy beans are higher quality building materials. soiled beans are of lower quality. building to crumble in less than 6.9 years. :p