• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

casual dressing

davsoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya sin city lida one la. see people clothing first then salute people. must learn to see thru the clothing.
those who wear big big brand nice clothing normally nothing much to show. so must dress up. like gal not big enough so must add liao to push up a bit ma.

then they still made a lot of noise aginst those got liao one but like to wear casually. because no need to bump up image ma. can find you see them at cafe, food court. neat collar tees with short pants might be on of those millionaire in sin city.

so next time don't judge by cothing. or at least use the reverse phyco.

loafer73

Alfrescian
Loyal
:smile:
Let me take a shot at it. They don't wear ties in parliament because they want to stay in touch with the common man. :p Maybe time to have a dress code for parliament force them to spend more to dress up.

cannot lah. wait they want to increase pay to buy suit and tie leh :biggrin::p

Slider_72 said:
When it is a business meeting, there is no excuse in not wearing the proper attire. That begs the question as to what is the proper attire. Is a long sleeve shirt and pants enough or must we wear a tie and suit? In HK, Korea and Japan, a suit is indispensible. However, in the Singapore context, a suit and tie is normally not the norm even for business meetings.

After office hours, I see no fault for dressing down. This is part of the uniquely Singapore culture. We are comfortable with ourselves and do not peg our self-worth to what we wear.

Some people say that dressing up when we go out is a form of respect to others. My question is who set such a standard? Is this a local standard or Ang Mo standard? My own feeling is that some of those who studied overseas tried to adopt the foreign culture when they came back to Singapore and decry our local culture as uncouth.

We are who we are. I am not offended when I see a fellow Singaporean strolling down Orchard Road in tees, berms and slippers. I also do not find a chap dressed to the nines to be particularly respectful either.

this statement has won my respect for you. cheers! :smile:

Last edited:

hallehluya

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't please everyone one la. Whatever clothes you put on, people also will talk. Overdressed, and people will say you're haolian or 爱美不爱命. Underdressed, people will say you're beggar.

Maximuz

Alfrescian
Loyal
All this bullshit about "comfort" is the typical shite coming from typical Sinkee mouths, who couldn't bother to vote right nor dress properly even. I wear a tie when meeting customers as a form of respect even though the rest of my sales team don't. It's the same reason I don't wear fucking shorts to a funeral, but of course some people who emphasize on "comfort" see no problem at all.

I had a director from HK who came to the office and his remark was "the dressing is not good" and I had to silently agree. Fuck this shit about "comfort," we as a nation couldn't even put on a fucking tie and to end, fuck "comfort."

Lazy cunts.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
All this bullshit about "comfort" is the typical shite coming from typical Sinkee mouths, who couldn't bother to vote right nor dress properly even. I wear a tie when meeting customers as a form of respect even though the rest of my sales team don't. It's the same reason I don't wear fucking shorts to a funeral, but of course some people who emphasize on "comfort" see no problem at all.

I had a director from HK who came to the office and his remark was "the dressing is not good" and I had to silently agree. Fuck this shit about "comfort," we as a nation couldn't even put on a fucking tie and to end, fuck "comfort."

Lazy cunts.

All this happened ages ago let it go.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's the damn bloody weather lah...

if singapore got winter i can also look smart in leather coats, trench coats, boots, blazers...

too bad weather forever hot... quite sian actually... same clothes same style everytime...
The hidden problems associated with attires in temperate countries are generally not known in zikapore. Example: we use to have problems every spring clening, drying out and (worse) places to store all those winter wears used by each family member. Takes up all the space. Then there's the routines to ensure that they are properly aired, etc. Hence, Foshan is better than the north. Zikapore is blessed.