• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

careefour has shut down 'quietly'

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I din know that carrefour already shut down
I mean I saw the news that it was closing
but din know that it shut so fast
I went there
and saw the shutter down
and wondered
how many people lost their job
why newspaper din say anything about the jobless, like how many, who wer the pple , how many locals and FT

I remember a local lady always stand at the basement on the side selling a wall full of bread

now I hear the woker behind taking down the shelves

Last edited:

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
The last time i went was during the F1 Race. The shelves near the cashier has some items....The Upper floor is TOTALLY CLOSED.

Sigh....Anyway i hear Giant is taking over

cyberfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are losing our memorable things here.

The last time i went was during the F1 Race. The shelves near the cashier has some items....The Upper floor is TOTALLY CLOSED.

Sigh....Anyway i hear Giant is taking over

This is another sad episode of a place we have known for many years is being 'torn down' and being replaced by another. So many places I have known are disappearing fast. What will year 2022 be like ?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: We are losing our memorable things here.

If Giant is taking over then this would mean Suntec is going downmarket.
I doubt it would be able to command the same rental that it charged Carrefour.

Most of the S'pore reits are already at lofty levels.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very sad to see it go.

All the Hypermarts look the same and sell basically the same stuff. Its all about price and convenience of location when it comes down to consumers buying patterns for grocery and daily products. I usually can't tell which Hypermart I'm in unless I see some housebrands or at check out counter.

CCBCaoPi

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If is was out in the news, then it is not quiet.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If Giant is taking over then this would mean Suntec is going downmarket.
I doubt it would be able to command the same rental that it charged Carrefour.

Wonder why Sheng Siong did not take over. They are doing fantastically well.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

All the Hypermarts look the same and sell basically the same stuff. Its all about price and convenience of location when it comes down to consumers buying patterns for grocery and daily products. I usually can't tell which Hypermart I'm in unless I see some housebrands or at check out counter.

If you had compared Carrefour Fish and Poultry section you would have notice their quality and hygiene standards compared to others.
Carrefour went downhill after they took over NTUC at Plaza Sing.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

2022. PAP has less than 20 MPs in parliament ? TCB serving his second term as PE. LHL and friends are kings and landlords ...... in aussieland ?

Last edited: