• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car Talk

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
How often do we actually need to service our cars?
We usually follow recommendations in our cars opr manual and and that normally states every 5000 or 10000km depending which kind of e/oil we are using (ie. mineral or synthetic).

But a recent study in the US found that a lot of these scheduled oil changes are not neccessary and that constitutes an additional 10 - 15% more waste oil to the total in that country. The experts are advising us to increase the period between servicing by about 50%. Just change the oil filters when they have run their course.

What do you guys think?

true, my old car i seldom service and never broke down. i guess its just kiasu

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal
How often do we actually need to service our cars?
We usually follow recommendations in our cars opr manual and and that normally states every 5000 or 10000km depending which kind of e/oil we are using (ie. mineral or synthetic).

But a recent study in the US found that a lot of these scheduled oil changes are not neccessary and that constitutes an additional 10 - 15% more waste oil to the total in that country. The experts are advising us to increase the period between servicing by about 50%. Just change the oil filters when they have run their course.

What do you guys think?

better dont, it cost you only $100 for a full synthetic oil but it will cost u even more if you car break down