• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car alarm

shortypants

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros!

As a car owner, I already expect that some people tend to open car doors in such a way that the doors will knock into your car. I don't really get get bothered by it. However, what gets me annoyed is when they slam their doors against your car with so much force that it causes paint to be scrapped off or dents to appear.

Im thinking of installing a two way alarm system where the alarm will sound briefly whenever my car is knocked and a notification will be sent to my remote. Can anyone pls advise me on what are the good models to install. Also pls kindly advise me if the car already has an existing immobilizer, does the immobolizer have to be disabled to install such alarm? Does anyone know if the Corolla Altis manufacturered in 2006 has got immobolizer fitted in?

Thks alot man:biggrin:

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recommended my fren who visit Malaysia regularly, to install an alarm system
with SIM card built in, you simply disable your car if its being stolen by using your handphone, when alarm is activated it send message to your hp.
you can disable it from your hp also. You also check if alarm is on or off by using your hp from the comfort of your home. It cost him $500.00.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suggest you get a life. Factor this into your life's operating costs and you will enjoy life better. If the alarm sounds, it is unlikely you will reach the place in time. If you did, what are you going to do the owner?

Years ago there is used to an SAF regular at NCO's club at Beach Road who goes swimming on a regular basis. Everyone knows him because he will swim close to entrance and when people don't shower he will ask them to shower and lecture them.

Without exception everyone felt sorry for him as he hardly swam, just waiting. As 99% shower, "business" therefore was also few and far between.

I can now tell you that once you installed the alarm, your kiasuness will prevent you from going too far from the car.

Anyway alarm motion sensors require more than dent to set it on.

Hi bros!

As a car owner, I already expect that some people tend to open car doors in such a way that the doors will knock into your car. I don't really get get bothered by it. However, what gets me annoyed is when they slam their doors against your car with so much force that it causes paint to be scrapped off or dents to appear.

Im thinking of installing a two way alarm system where the alarm will sound briefly whenever my car is knocked and a notification will be sent to my remote. Can anyone pls advise me on what are the good models to install. Also pls kindly advise me if the car already has an existing immobilizer, does the immobolizer have to be disabled to install such alarm? Does anyone know if the Corolla Altis manufacturered in 2006 has got immobolizer fitted in?

Thks alot man:biggrin: