• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can't stand this! Treat citizens like fools, is it? Who paid for all this Wayang huh?

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pap-s-murali-pillai/2703406.html?cid=FBSG

PAP's Murali Pillai organises carnival for low-income residents in Bukit Batok

Mr Murali Pillai, who is also the Bukit Batok Branch Chairman, said he suggested the idea after gathering feedback from residents living in rental flats.

By Sara Grosse, Channel NewsAsia
Posted 17 Apr 2016 14:57

bb-carnival-2.jpg

People's Action Party's Bukit Batok by-election candidate Murali Pillai meeting participants at a carnival in Bukit Batok. (File photo: Sara Grosse)

SINGAPORE: About 360 lower-income households in Bukit Batok were able to pick and choose grocery items at a carnival on Sunday (Apr 17). The event was organised by the People's Action Party's (PAP) Bukit Batok Branch Chairman and by-election candidate Murali Pillai and the Bukit Batok Merchants' Association.

Each household is given 30 points to redeem groceries. Other activities included hair cuts and assistance with job searching.

Mr Murali said he mooted the idea after hearing feedback from residents living in rental flats during his house visits.

"If you were to deliver goods to their houses, one would have to assume what they want. I've done these food distributions for many, many years, and inevitably, we deliver things they actually don't need, and it may go to waste.

"In this way we prevent waste because they are given a number of points which they use to choose items they actually need," Mr Murali told reporters on the sidelines of the carnival.

No date has been announced yet for the Bukit Batok by-election. In the meantime, Mr Murali said he will continue to serve residents. "The focus is serving residents, identifying their needs and addressing their issues," he added.

The Bukit Batok single seat was vacated after PAP representative David Ong resigned over an extramarital affair with a grassroots activist. Mr Murali and Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Dr Chee Soon Juan have put forward their names to contest the seat.

- CNA/mn

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Can't stand this! Treat citizens like fools, is it? Who paid for all this Wayang

Hi Boss or Mod,

Sorry, at the time of my posting, I did not know there was another thread of the same topic already posted slightly earlier.

Please merge my thread with that if you think it is more appropriate. Thanks :smile:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Can't stand this! Treat citizens like fools, is it? Who paid for all this Wayang

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pap-s-murali-pillai/2703406.html?cid=FBSG

PAP's Murali Pillai organises carnival for low-income residents in Bukit Batok

Mr Murali Pillai, who is also the Bukit Batok Branch Chairman, said he suggested the idea after gathering feedback from residents living in rental flats.

By Sara Grosse, Channel NewsAsia
Posted 17 Apr 2016 14:57

bb-carnival-2.jpg

People's Action Party's Bukit Batok by-election candidate Murali Pillai meeting participants at a carnival in Bukit Batok. (File photo: Sara Grosse)

SINGAPORE: About 360 lower-income households in Bukit Batok were able to pick and choose grocery items at a carnival on Sunday (Apr 17). The event was organised by the People's Action Party's (PAP) Bukit Batok Branch Chairman and by-election candidate Murali Pillai and the Bukit Batok Merchants' Association.

Each household is given 30 points to redeem groceries. Other activities included hair cuts and assistance with job searching.

Mr Murali said he mooted the idea after hearing feedback from residents living in rental flats during his house visits.

"If you were to deliver goods to their houses, one would have to assume what they want. I've done these food distributions for many, many years, and inevitably, we deliver things they actually don't need, and it may go to waste.

"In this way we prevent waste because they are given a number of points which they use to choose items they actually need," Mr Murali told reporters on the sidelines of the carnival.

No date has been announced yet for the Bukit Batok by-election. In the meantime, Mr Murali said he will continue to serve residents. "The focus is serving residents, identifying their needs and addressing their issues," he added.

The Bukit Batok single seat was vacated after PAP representative David Ong resigned over an extramarital affair with a grassroots activist. Mr Murali and Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Dr Chee Soon Juan have put forward their names to contest the seat.

- CNA/mn

70% but not Lee Wei Ling

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Isn't this bribery?

PAP Ah Neh tells voters - vote for me and I will give you 30 PAP points to get freebies from PAP carnival. Every month, there will be one PAP carnival.

How much is he spending on this election? Who is paying the bills? How many business are donating to his campaign? Is he beholden to those business?

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

High time to audit the books of the People’s Association

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/07/high-time-to-audit-the-books-of-the-peoples-association/

people-s-association-logo-650x366.jpg

Huge amounts of public funds are granted to PA every year. This year, the PA was allocated an unprecedented amount for its expenditure. The worrying lapses revealed by the AGO call for decisive action – the immediate appointment of independent auditors to conduct a full and thorough account of all public funds disbursed by PA. The public has to be assured that the lapses are not endemic. The PA has to be held accountable for how it has deployed our money.

The PA was historically created to help the ruling PAP control the grassroots. It is an organ of the ruling party. The PA’s Chairman is the Prime Minister. It is not politically neutral. Only PAP MPs can be appointed as PA Grassroots Advisers, opposition MPs cannot.

It is also high time to ask if the PA, a politically compromised, heavy user of public funds, should even continue to exist at all. A taxpayer-funded mass movement arm set up to benefit the ruling party has no place in a fair, just and democratic Singapore.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

why only 30 points... that is so insulting. how about $30,000 instead.

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

why only 30 points... that is so insulting. how about $30,000 instead.

[video=youtube;Wl9S8DlrPZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9S8DlrPZg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal

Isn't this bribery?

PAP Ah Neh tells voters - vote for me and I will give you 30 PAP points to get freebies from PAP carnival. Every month, there will be one PAP carnival.

How much is he spending on this election? Who is paying the bills? How many business are donating to his campaign? Is he beholden to those business?

This considered national legalized bribery! Men in the street will make some mosquitoe noises but they will continue to vote PAP.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal

like my MP LSS who organised event every three weeks few months before GE...........but now no picture, no sound in EC GRC

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

like my MP LSS who organised event every three weeks few months before GE...........but now no picture, no sound in EC GRC

He is Labour Minister now, feeling very rich counting the new jobs created for sinkies via the Jobsbank website! Dun disturb.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

When SDP delivered the packages to the rental flats the PAP naturally had to react. I am sure if you did a bit of strategic thinking you would know that the PAP with their vast amounts of resources and access to taxpayers funds thru PA can outdo any opposition party in this respect.

WP approach was long term and worked the ground before the elections and did the spade work long before GE. Chiam worked the ground as well.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

The press is also useless. SDP is not the only ones to deliver such packages. So many charities and organisations including the govt and PAP have delivered such food parcels and essentials to the lower income during special occasions such as Chinese New Year.

The impression that Murali is creating is that these organisations deliver stuff that some of them cannot use. Cooking oil going to waste? It always essentials that are given. Sometimes firms donate non-essential stuff and thats a bonus. I am sure the resident will pass on stuff that they don't use.

Some of these charities should write to the press that they offended that Murali is claiming that they are delivering unwanted stuff.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

When SDP delivered the packages to the rental flats the PAP naturally had to react. I am sure if you did a bit of strategic thinking you would know that the PAP with their vast amounts of resources and access to taxpayers funds thru PA can outdo any opposition party in this respect.

WP approach was long term and worked the ground before the elections and did the spade work long before GE. Chiam worked the ground as well.

During GE15 period, I saw for myself carts of food items filling the entire hall of the community centre during their food distribution exercise.. While opposition cannot compete with pap in terms of scale , they can certainly beat pap in the form of personal touch and sincerity. And this has to been done on a consistent long term basis to cover as much ground as possible.

To simply put it, Doing last minute work only when there is election is too little too late.

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Isn't this bribery?

This is LEEgalised CORRUPTION in squeaky "clean" Singapore!

Very long winded and intellectual video, but the gist - the problem and the suggested solution - is from 3:00 to 8:15 ..........

[video=youtube;W982Sy_iSCA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W982Sy_iSCA[/video]

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Channel NewsAsia said: "The event was organised by the People's Action Party's (PAP) Bukit Batok Branch Chairman and by-election candidate Murali Pillai and the Bukit Batok Merchants' Association."

Question: Who is the chairman of the Bukit BATOK Merchants' Association?

Answer: The Chairman of the Merchants’ Association is also the Bukit Batok RC Chairman and PA member

His name is : Mr Ong Gee Hong

Notes below: Thanks to Vernon Chan and Andrew Loh for pointing this out on Facebook:

***Shouldn't Murali have declined the collaboration in order not to bring the PA into disrepute or any controversy, given that the merchants association's president is also a PA member and RC chairman? Should not would-be Members of Parliament draw such a line so as to keep the grassroots unpoliticised, and seen to be so? Especially when he is involved in a very political by-election? This makes the deputy chairman of the PA, Chan Chun Sing, look like a complete idiot.***

12994522_1192927737398840_4941809172020357081_n.jpg
13063390_1192927754065505_2389249461842748839_o.jpg
13015237_1192927774065503_8511914152351521815_n.jpg
12983236_1192927784065502_1486810798712314022_o.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

During GE15 period, I saw for myself carts of food items filling the entire hall of the community centre during their food distribution exercise.. While opposition cannot compete with pap in terms of scale , they can certainly beat pap in the form of personal touch and sincerity. And this has to been done on a consistent long term basis to cover as much ground as possible.

To simply put it, Doing last minute work only when there is election is too little too late.

Last minute can con 70% is good enough

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[video=youtube;Wl9S8DlrPZg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9S8DlrPZg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I believe that he graduated from one of the "elite" universities, but it looks like he is unable to speak as a scholar.