• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can you imagine what all this money could have done for the NEEDY in SINGAPORE??

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you imagine what all this money could have done for the NEEDY in SINGAPORE??

Temasek lost almost US$2 billion of a badly-timed US$3 billion in Shin
Corp
at a peak of 49.25 baht(Shin shares are now trading at around 15 baht)
in

This state-linked investment company committed S$401
million in ASX -listed ABC Learning Centres at near the peak price of
A$7.30 and then averaged down at between A$1.20 and A$4.00, bringing
it's commitment to over S$500 million. That investment is now essentially
worthless although Temasek has yet to write it down.

The company also bought 19% of LSE- listed Standard Chartered in 2006
only to see the market value of that stake melt 55% by November 21st.

More fiascos include a 975 million pound stake in Barclays Bank bought
at
the peak of 740 pence(with a further 100 million to subscribe for a
rights
issue at 282 pence), which have now sunk over 70% at 138 pence.

Most heinous of all is its US$6.88 billion stake in Citigroup bought
with a
minimum conversion price of $31.34. Citigroup has since plunged 88% to
$3.71, singlehandedly delivering S$9.11 billion of red ink to Temasek's (?GIC's)
books.
Overall, the paper loss on these bank investments appear to have exceeded S$35
billion
as of October 21st.

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
obviously you do not know the mechanics of an investment.
only know how to show lo$$es to substantiate your poor argument.
kindly inject some intelligence into this forum :smile:

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you imagine what kind of life our elderly on Public Assistance (PA) scheme is living ?

Find out more on: www.singaporeenquirer.sg

Temasek lost almost US$2 billion of a badly-timed US$3 billion in Shin
Corp
at a peak of 49.25 baht(Shin shares are now trading at around 15 baht)
in

This state-linked investment company committed S$401
million in ASX -listed ABC Learning Centres at near the peak price of
A$7.30 and then averaged down at between A$1.20 and A$4.00, bringing
it's commitment to over S$500 million. That investment is now essentially
worthless although Temasek has yet to write it down.

The company also bought 19% of LSE- listed Standard Chartered in 2006
only to see the market value of that stake melt 55% by November 21st.

More fiascos include a 975 million pound stake in Barclays Bank bought
at
the peak of 740 pence(with a further 100 million to subscribe for a
rights
issue at 282 pence), which have now sunk over 70% at 138 pence.

Most heinous of all is its US$6.88 billion stake in Citigroup bought
with a
minimum conversion price of $31.34. Citigroup has since plunged 88% to
$3.71, singlehandedly delivering S$9.11 billion of red ink to Temasek's (?GIC's)
books.
Overall, the paper loss on these bank investments appear to have exceeded S$35
billion
as of October 21st.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the old and needy pass on, everything belong to white scum.
When your CPF goes unclaimed, all goes to white scum.
Lose another few billions also fine, the policy and system allow them to make back $$$ long term ableit from other sources.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cry.jpg

Enuff said! *sob*sob*

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we can get our money back
by selling arms to the RED's
once thaksin take over
we can cut up the spoilt
and we have land to grow food there.
once we are full allies, we can combine and invade malaysia together.

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
whats there to rebut? :rolleyes:

u only presented the negatives of temasek. so much for an ANALysis

if you have a fail safe investment strategy, then go take over ho ching :biggrin:

ok, i can take over ho ching, pls ask her to step down. i can also lose billions with a fraction of her salary. hell, if i juz leave the money in fixed deposits, i can out perform her.

btw, i don't know there's a good side to losing billions. care to enlighten?

Meteour

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok, i can take over ho ching, pls ask her to step down. i can also lose billions with a fraction of her salary. hell, if i juz leave the money in fixed deposits, i can out perform her.

btw, i don't know there's a good side to losing billions. care to enlighten?

LKY had quite recently praised his fund managers at GIC & Temasek to high heaven saying that their pay is five times of his...meaning to say that they r a hugely competent lot.

Logic dictates that there is no investment that is "pow chia"

In a global economic recession of this proportion....there are much red ink flowing in many investments and portfolios across borders and countries.

Until there is some accountability and transparency to show us a balanced view of the GIC and Temasek investments, we can only speculate and moaned at the gigantic losses which are highlighted by business news.

PJ Boy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Logic dictates that there is no investment that is "pow chia"

No investment is bow chiat, but when you keep losing billions within a few months of investing should ring some alarm bells.

When people keep saying they should not be blamed as no investment is bow chiat makes it looks no different from gambling.

Look, this is a serious matter. You can bankrupt the country if you keep losing money like this.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
When did I ever talk about "fail safe":rolleyes:

Just tell Ho Ching and her father-in-law to be more transparent and accountable ala Norway and not appear to think that they are the 'Oracles of the East'. Btw I gather the chap who runs Norway's SWF is paid in the region of $500k p/a and apparently said that if he wanted a bigger pay packet he would have gone into the private sector. PAPs need to learn from him.

whats there to rebut?

u only presented the negatives of temasek. so much for an ANALysis

if you have a fail safe investment strategy, then go take over ho ching :biggrin:

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure i can imagine.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEOkxRLzBf0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jEOkxRLzBf0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

n01215

Alfrescian
Loyal
When did I ever talk about "fail safe":rolleyes:

Just tell Ho Ching and her father-in-law to be more transparent and accountable ala Norway and not appear to think that they are the 'Oracles of the East'. Btw I gather the chap who runs Norway's SWF is paid in the region of $500k p/a and apparently said that if he wanted a bigger pay packet he would have gone into the private sector. PAPs need to learn from him.

u didnt talk about fail safe.. but said that they messed up by losing $ (same shit diff wordings)

temasek in its total history have made billions but u choose only to show their losses in a time of economic woes. that's called... taking a cheap shot.

so pap should learn from a man who is only interested in a humble income? i assume you share that same principle of cheap labor. that speaks volume of your iq.:confused:

btw, if one is making tons of $ for an organization and willingly accepts a relatively small pay, i'd get really worried.

dominion

Alfrescian
Loyal
u didnt talk about fail safe.. but said that they messed up by losing $ (same shit diff wordings)

temasek in its total history have made billions but u choose only to show their losses in a time of economic woes. that's called... taking a cheap shot.

so pap should learn from a man who is only interested in a humble income? i assume you share that same principle of cheap labor. that speaks volume of your iq.:confused:

btw, if one is making tons of $ for an organization and willingly accepts a relatively small pay, i'd get really worried.

since you attacked him over lack of substance, why dont you show us some facts to balance out the original post's one sidedness?

i admit i dont know nuts abt temasek's performace but how about some figures of how under HO CHING (and not in its entire history) temasek has performed compared to other government investment companies, such as China's/Japan's/USA's?

Also, someone siad might as well put into fixed deposit... What is the ROA of temasek holdings under Ho Ching? Is it really lower than fixed deposit rate?

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That fucking jinx butch draws 30 times what the Norwegian draws.

What a joke?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is no value to spend on the elderly in Singapore, they create no value for Temasek, on the other hand being cheated by chow ang mohs has given Temasek the sense and recognition it craved desperately (and fucking perversely) by being a playa now in globalisation :o

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
So do you rather pay 40% tax to feed them? Thanks but no thanks.

The $2 billion, you win some here, you lose some elsewhere. No big deal. At least we keep the money as assets (rise or fall) rather than play Robbing Hood.

Can you imagine what kind of life our elderly on Public Assistance (PA) scheme is living ?

Find out more on: www.singaporeenquirer.sg