• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can training really do wonders during this recession??

eRRoRist

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 of solutions our government came up with to protect jobs is by providing more training to workers. I keep hearing and seeing news on how the government encourage employees to send workers or those retrenched for training. There is this growing SPUR program that they can join.

My question is, is this really effective?? Can training magically get you employed or help you stay employed?? :confused:

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
1 of solutions our government came up with to protect jobs is by providing more training to workers. I keep hearing and seeing news on how the government encourage employees to send workers or those retrenched for training. There is this growing SPUR program that they can join.

My question is, is this really effective?? Can training magically get you employed or help you stay employed?? :confused:

If you are above 40s, forget about retraining. Only go for retraining if it is company sponsored and you are guaranteed of a job after the training.

Don't waste your time competing with the FT and young punks. You lose.

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
first up, what's the purpose of training?

is it to add value to the company? does it add value to the customer?

dun train just for the sake of training.
or in this case, re-train for re-train.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
be61k6.jpg

"Retraining not only benefits workers but will also help schools and our economy as we need singaporeans to spend spend spend!" (until u pok-kai its your business)

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

These good-for -nothing MIW are in denial mode and self-delusions.
The issue is there are not sufficient (supply) jobs to meet the demand .
No point training,retraining,re-retraining,re-re-retraining but jobs are not available.These MIW are STUPID!!! ACT BLUR!!! Good-For-Nothing blood-suckers.