• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can re-use CPF monies in RA to buy flat ?

leongszehian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minimum Sum is $123,000

$123,000 divided by 0.7 = $175,715

For those who have more than $175,715, in addition to keeping the Minimum Sum, also have to keep the Medisave Required Amount of $22,500, if the Medisave account has less than this amount

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Minimum Sum is $123,000

$123,000 divided by 0.7 = $175,715

For those who have more than $175,715, in addition to keeping the Minimum Sum, also have to keep the Medisave Required Amount of $22,500, if the Medisave account has less than this amount

Yes, I'm aware of how it works.

The MRA is a non-issue unless X is more than $175,715. But the definition of Minimum Sum seems to suggest that as long as you have $123,000 or more in your X account, any shortfall in your MRA will have to be addressed first before you can withdraw money.

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The new rules seem to prescribe a tricky situation.

If you've $175,714 in your combined OA and SA, you get to withdraw 30% which is $52,714.

If you've $175,716 in your combined OA and SA, and assuming that you are able to meet the MRA, you get to withdraw only $1.00.

So you're penalized for having just the right amount of money.

leongszehian

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right

But I think for $175,716, the amount that can be withdrawn is $30,216 ($175,716 - $123,000 Minimum Sum - $22,500 Medisave Required Amount), if one has zero in the Medisave account

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right

But I think for $175,716, the amount that can be withdrawn is $30,216 ($175,716 - $123,000 Minimum Sum - $22,500 Medisave Required Amount), if one has zero in the Medisave account

I based on calculation on the example given in page 19 of the booklet. A copy is attached.

cpfwithdrawal.png

Clearly where X > $175,715, the amount that can be withdrawn is :

X - $175,715 - MRA shortfall

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm when they say $123k do they mean just the ordinary account or all of the accounts like the special and the medisave accounts added up?

Queen Seok Duk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm when they say $123k do they mean just the ordinary account or all of the accounts like the special and the medisave accounts added up?

$123K refers to Retirement Account (RA).

RA = OA + SA + amount in excess of Minimum Sum in the Medisave

(Min Sum in Medisave is pegged at $34,500)

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
$123K refers to Retirement Account (RA).

RA = OA + SA + amount in excess of Minimum Sum in the Medisave

(Min Sum in Medisave is pegged at $34,500)

OMG from what you say then die lah I only got a total sum of 105k in my cpf atm and I am going to retire in 3yrs time :( Heng ah my pegion hole fully paid at least I don't need to worry about that.

theDoors

Alfrescian
Loyal
I transferred my OA balance to the SA to make up current prevailing sum of $117,000. Left to compound at 4% interest pa it should be sufficient to meet the minimum sum when I am 55 in 2031, which is $249,000. (That is assuming the yearly increment maintains at $6000, and SA interest maintains at 4% pa)

My Medisave already hit the cap of $37,000.

But must standby a PR status from another country in case someone decides to shift the goal post again.