• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can close down NUS High School

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good local students will go RGS, RI, HC, Nanyang Girls, Cat High, St Nicks, RV, Junior College IP, IB programmes etc

For years, NUS High School can't recruit the best local students and worst of all, NUS High looks down refused admission to weaker local students. Left with no choice, they spent millions to recruit and give scholarships and lodgings to ASEAN, China and Indian students. Local students ended up being discriminated there and just to make up the numbers.

It is a failed project. Their syllabus is a mess too, keep changing. There are now so many secondary schools and IP programmes out there that are more superior than NUS High. They lost focus and evolved to be like Singapore's Table Tennis Team - locals are there for show, and depend on foreigners. Why did we setup a school to raise other people's children?

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
On what basis are you making this point? They have long queue of applicants and I know many of their graduates doing very well. Students are all to progress and advance accordingly if they are ahead of their cohort. Perhaps it's a case of sour grapes?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP are idiots and a fool to fund foreign students. Let me explain.

It takes a country say $150k to raise a child from the day he is born to uni graduate before he can earn his 1st dollar.

Why is PAP want to share the burden of child bearing costs with other gahmen. That is a stupid idea.

Anything can happen to a child he dies in an accident or terminal illness whether he is a local boy or foreigner one. This shd be a point to consider as there is no guarantee in life.

Offer job opportunities for foreigners to work in Singapore at zero costs to the gahmen. When he start working he pay taxes to the resident gahmen. That's the way to go.

Steal talents not funding a talent education. Cut the bullshit of thinking to fund foreign talent students instead of local talents.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP are idiots and a fool to fund foreign students. Let me explain.

It takes a country say $150k to raise a child from the day he is born to uni graduate before he can earn his 1st dollar.

Why is PAP want to share the burden of child bearing costs with other gahmen. That is a stupid idea.

Anything can happen to a child he dies in an accident or terminal illness whether he is a local boy or foreigner one. This shd be a point to consider as there is no guarantee in life.

Offer job opportunities for foreigners to work in Singapore at zero costs to the gahmen. When he start working he pay taxes to the resident gahmen. That's the way to go.

Steal talents not funding a talent education. Cut the bullshit of thinking to fund foreign talent students instead of local talents.

You are an idiot to be that shortsighted. Many of these NUS high students go on to set up their own start ups in tech industries. We just need one unicorn to make back all our money. We also need more young people to replace our aging population, many of whom only speak dialects, their mother tongue languages and can't even speak English.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You are an idiot to be that shortsighted. Many of these NUS high students go on to set up their own start ups in tech industries. We just need one unicorn to make back all our money. We also need more young people to replace our aging population, many of whom only speak dialects, their mother tongue languages and can't even speak English.
I dont think the unicorn will stay in Singapore. More likely move on to USA.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Most would likely list their unicorn in the US but may operate in Singapore, just like Shopee.
Singapore has no market for world class talent. That is the truth. Singapore will never attract world class talent.
Look at the FB co founder. Between Mark Zuckerberg and the playboy. SG got the playboy. Joke lah.
Singapore market is too small.
Singapore's forte is attracting cheap foreign labor. Or mediocre foreigners who cannot make it to USA.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Great. You are idiot fool to fund foreign students. It's a numbers game out of 1,000 to get 1? Tikum gambling might as well go steal them after they graduated from their own country.

I said take them in with zero cost $0 with offer to fund their startup, pick the fruits when it just ripe and not when it is still green.

You so smart to fund for a tree from seed.

Yah lah... go fund CECA fake degree ahneh to work in PAP GLCs to groom them from zero to heroes to Superstar IT workers. When I say IT workers it means all industries are internet connected and must use Internet Web base technology...

Finally these cheater ahneh turn around to call PAP are scumbag take in fake degrees like him to groom him to become Superstar IT champions. and he will go to 5 eye for better job opportunities. Ahnehs are not going to stay with a scumbag cheater PAP. A cheater have conscions too to see this gahmen are evil cheaters worse than him. Leave and danger about to stay with mega cheaters PAP.

Fund a foreigner from seeds are you joking? So out of 1000 seeds to get 1 ripe fruits is worth it?

Hello the 999 seeds will go back to their own countries to work and is still a valuable workforce to contribute to their motherland economy....

I see the numbers of fruits that is of values to use, but you see 1 fruits...

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has no market for world class talent. That is the truth. Singapore will never attract world class talent.
Look at the FB co founder. Between Mark Zuckerberg and the playboy. SG got the playboy. Joke lah.
Singapore market is too small.
Singapore's forte is attracting cheap foreign labor. Or mediocre foreigners who cannot make it to USA.

That's a good argument my friend. You are beginning to feel stronger now and not worry too much how people will judge you from your expressed opinions. Keep doing and u will find you will do better and sharpen your thoughts the more you engage with their debate. This is a debate place.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
That's a good argument my friend. You are beginning to feel stronger now and not worry too much how people will judge you from your expressed opinions. Keep doing and u will find you will do better and sharpen your thoughts the more you engage with their debate. This is a debate place.
Thanks bro.

I not really keen on debate anymore. I happy you dont fuck me good enough.

I just stating what I think to be reality. Canada also cannot attract world class talent. But they do produce their own somehow.

Maybe there needs to be a critical mass? 20 million people?

Anyway Canada is BE. So fuck Canada lah.

danntbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
All elite schools have their fair share of scholars in their enrolment so do we shut these down too? Yes not many do necessarily sink their roots here but the cross pollination of young minds and nurturing of life long International network of the future generations do have their values. It's a fact we need to face that not every child will grow up to be successful financially or in their career but one can still live a comfortable with the various alternative path. It's self-defeating to try to level educational opportunities for all on equitable rationale. We need the elite to forge our future progress that will help sustain the weaker one . Otherwise we will just sink together. To be envious of the highly successful individuals and lament the gap likewise reflect a lack of awareness how our lives are intertwined as lesser success are dependent on larger success and wise versa.

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
On what basis are you making this point? They have long queue of applicants and I know many of their graduates doing very well. Students are all to progress and advance accordingly if they are ahead of their cohort. Perhaps it's a case of sour grapes?

Long queue of applicants? probably many are not local-born.
They had spent millions just for overseas recruitment, excluding free lodging and scholarships.

Graduates doing very well? Their oldest cohort is below 30 years old. There is no indication that they produced "more well-doing" grad than any of our Top-20 secondary schools in Singapore.

Don't get me wrong, it is not about sour grapes, just wanted to point out that this school is a failed project and catered to foreign students. Good local students will get better curriculum and holistic education in the likes of NYGS, RGS, DHS, HCI, RI, RV, SNGS, MGS, etc.

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
How many of these more accomplished NUS High students, are locals?

Debate.jpg

RioTinto2012.jpg

10391873-1a16-483b-aa63-54d6ee7a1210.jpg

frontier

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cut the bullshit of thinking to fund foreign talent students instead of local talents.

To be envious of the highly successful individuals and lament the gap likewise reflect a lack of awareness how our lives are intertwined as lesser success are dependent on larger success and wise versa.

I just stating what I think to be reality. Canada also cannot attract world class talent. But they do produce their own somehow.

Agree, nobody is jealous or envious of NUS High. The point of this thread is to tell policymakers to focus on grooming locals. NUS High should accept weaker local students to fill up their vacancies, instead of throwing money to recruit foreigners.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, nobody is jealous or envious of NUS High. The point of this thread is to tell policymakers to focus on grooming locals. NUS High should accept weaker local students to fill up their vacancies, instead of throwing money to recruit foreigners.

Fund and groom 100% of locals is better than fund fake degree ahnehs in learn as you earn programs in GLCs.

In the end if only 1% of locals are top genius, the rest 99% are useful to the 1%...

If take 100% of fake degree ahneh to groom them all will leave PAP becos cheats cannot stay too long in one spot fear bad karma spirit will hunt them down go to jail.

Cheats are rotten eggs to start with their outcome can never to credible qualified even if they become Superstar IT workers, with real work experiences.

A case of 1 fake degree ahneh endocrinologist medical field did very well in NUH. Even got awards for writing new research papers and he think he had achieved Superstar talent. His ambition to excel further in this field took himself to US.

In US he was exposed with a fake medical degree. Well done NUH blind leading the blind... so much so has had groomed this ahneh from zero to heroes to Superstar medical doctorship.