• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cal State Sacramento suspends S'pore MBA program due to fraud academic transcripts

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
At least one institution in singapore looks closely at qualifications and weeds out the frauds and fakers. what about PAP?

Sacramento State suspends its Singapore MBA program, but plans to bring it back

An MBA program launched in Singapore by California State University Sacramento in 2012 has been suspended amid concerns about how student applications should be handled.

But Pierre Balthazard, dean of the College of Business Administration, said the university is determined to bring back the program as soon as possible. The Singapore program is a key element of a greater plan to overhaul the university's entire global program, he said.

“We will not be on the sidelines for very long,” he said.

Launched with fanfare in 2012 by former dean Sanjay Varshney, the Singapore MBA was a first-of-its-kind program for Sacramento State, and branded as a lower-cost alternative to international programs offered by University of Chicago and University of California Los Angeles.

The 15-month program has graduated three cohorts, each with less than 20 students, with the final cohort finishing this month.

The admissions process has been strained, however, because the university has had trouble receiving formal transcripts and evaluating them in time. This fall, the Office of Graduate Studies was unable to complete that work by the Sept. 1 deadline for admitting a new cohort, business-school officials said. So university officials decided to cancel the cohort and retool the admission procedure.

Getting the MBA program back on track is part of a larger mission to increase international programs. In July, the university hired its first vice president for international programs, Frank Li. Besides fixing the MBA program, his job is to expand Sacramento State's study-abroad programs, add more international elements to Sacramento's curriculum and strengthen partnerships with universities around the world.

“We’re going to increase opportunities for students to be exposed to other languages and cultures, because we want students to be responsible, knowledgeable citizens,” Li said. The university currently has 59 students in study-abroad programs, a figure that is below the average for campuses across the California State University system. But Sacramento State hopes to increase that number by three-fold in the next few years.

The MBA program in Singapore has not yet proved to be a significant source of revenue for Sacramento State — Balthazard said the most recent financial statements showed the Singapore MBA in the black by just $15,000. But as the university focuses on building its international reputation, Balthazard said he expects revenues will "go up significantly."

The value is not all about money and prestige, said Monica Lam, an accounting professor who helped launch the program. The Singapore MBA sends Sacramento faculty overseas to teach each cohort, and those professors return to Sacramento with new contacts with foreign businesses and academics. Those relationships help Sacramento students adopt an international mindset when it comes to business, she said.

"That two-way learning and two-way communication is beneficial," she said.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Cal State Sacramento suspends S'pore MBA program due to fraud academic transcript

There are much cheaper ways to acquire an MBA that's recognized by our Sinkie government. An example is to enrol at University of Mumbai. It costs a fraction of what you pay for the Cal State Sacramento's MBA program.

Degrees awarded by University of Mumbai are recognized by our esteemed IDA.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Cal State Sacramento suspends S'pore MBA program due to fraud academic transcript

There are much cheaper ways to acquire an MBA that's recognized by our Sinkie government. An example is to enrol at University of Mumbai. It costs a fraction of what you pay for the Cal State Sacramento's MBA program.

Degrees awarded by University of Mumbai are recognized by our esteemed IDA.

Hello, I thought University of Mumbai was for bachelor degree, MBA from southern Pacific University or some shit like that.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hello, I thought University of Mumbai was for bachelor degree, MBA from southern Pacific University or some shit like that.

I want Ph.D....how to get? Machiam Aqua face George Quek I want to print Dr on my calling cards

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

The point that I was trying to make is that it's much cheaper to get a degree--bachelor, master, PhD--in India than in Sinkieland. Furthermore IDA recognizes degrees awarded by Indian universities, such as University of Mumbai.

Schmidt

Alfrescian
Loyal

NBA program instead would be better :smile:

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal

only if you are farang talent, otherwise u get whacked by your employer, fired and go to jail.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

I want Ph.D....how to get? Machiam Aqua face George Quek I want to print Dr on my calling cards

Lke Dr Lee Bee Wah?????????????? Or Dr Ahmad Madgad??

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unless your MBA comes from an Ivy League school or Russell Group University (inc. London Business School).
Don't waste your money.