• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cabby who was once MNC manager with master’s degree says he’s now happier being a cabby

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
(The taxi driver also shared that, depending on how hard he works, he can earn between S$4,000 and S$8,000 without worrying about medical certificates, CPF, or other corporate concerns.)

I don't understand this line. Taxi driver don't have to work about "medical certificates, CPF, or other corporate concerns"? Lol... if sick, don't drive, does the cab company still pay him?

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
The math doesn't add up. Assume 9 hours driving time per day, 1 trip is 30 mins and brings in $40. Work 6-day week.

Sure can over $10k revenue a month but need to minus expenses, especially lease of car or depreciation. That is assume you can always find customers. The job can be quite mechanical. Decent income but not fantastic and the risks of being on the road all the time.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most cabbie esp the old birds rely on AMDK who used them like dedicated drivers when they need to travel to and fro out of the country or when they travel to and fro from work. Another tumor I heard is chicken houses will pay them commission to bring customers to them.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If he’s indeed happy then no need to keep harping on his master’s degree to every Tom dick and Harry passenger. If he’s happy not need to justify how much he can earn now as a cabby blah blah blah.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cab driver is one pompous asshole if you think about it.

- He deliberately engaged with passenger and boast about his supposedly high educational qualification - master’s degree in mechanical engineering.

- "He kept blabbering about being an ex senior manager in MNC as mechanical engineer and he quit and drove taxi for few years.” Notice how he emphasised on the role being 'senior' and 'MNC'.

- The taxi driver also shared that, depending on how hard he works, he can earn between S$4,000 and S$8,000 without worrying about medical certificates, CPF, or other corporate concerns. Lol... this sentence doesn't even make sense.

MC - Assuming he meant that when he is sick, he doesn't have to submit MC to company and can just rest at home? Well the cab company is not paying him when he is not driving right?

CPF - If he meant that not having to contribute to the employee portion of CPF and getting a higher take home pay, it's moronic. He didn't mention that the employer also contributes to his CPF.

Corporate concerns? Lol... for a man who can supposedly achieve a Master's, he can't handle corporate concerns? Sounds like a big time loser. I am not surprised if he was fired for being a shit employee and had to go drive a cab.

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie pwn sinkie doesn't work in MNCs with good HR and proper corporate governance only shit local companies and civil service home team SAF endorse this sinkie pwn sinkie culture

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
MNCs have proper structure and a big competitive pool to separate the wheat from the chaff. Any losers or incompetent pricks usually stick out like a sore thumb.

If you are a big time loser and incompetent, it's best that you take a pay cut and join a local SME who will work you like a slave. OR.... sign on for army / police / SCDF regular.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he’s indeed happy then no need to keep harping on his master’s degree to every Tom dick and Harry passenger. If he’s happy not need to justify how much he can earn now as a cabby blah blah blah.
That means he lookdown on taxi driver, on himself, and seeks to salvage some face by advertising his academic qualifications.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.msn.com/en-sg/entertain...ar&cvid=7f303d19a8c046dfab432930e6acb2f4&ei=5

BB1mH7i4.img

Really? :biggrin:
I saw many many Big Bosses n Country Managers all driving Grab with a big smiles on their faces...got chiobu and good fares

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
That means he lookdown on taxi driver, on himself, and seeks to salvage some face by advertising his academic qualifications.
People give too much credit to past achievements and milestones. Lol...

KNN if u were a successful CEO, then u retire and now stay in Sentosa Cove, then it's worth mentioning your past. If you end up as a .....cab driver drawing as low as $4k on some months, then you should shut up and just drive. U think u are going to impress anyone when they are instructing you to "turn left at that junction"? Lol... some people are so delusional that it's unreal.

The worst group of people always harping on past glories are those army regulars. Every regular I've spoken to have reinforced my belief that sign-on regulars are a bunch of useless buggers who can't cut it in the private sector.

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN if u were a successful CEO, then u retire and now stay in Sentosa Cove, then it's worth mentioning your past. If you end up as a .....cab driver drawing as low as $4k on some months, then you should shut up and just drive. U think u are going to impress anyone when they are instructing you to "turn left at that junction"? Lol... some people are so delusional that it's unreal.

The worst group of people always harping on past glories are those army regulars. Every regular I've spoken to have reinforced my belief that sign-on regulars are a bunch of useless buggers who can't cut it in the private sector.
Most remaining local born sinkies on this island I speak to kills my brain cells
Can't speak good English yet want to copy Ang Mo, some own mother tongue also like shit
Whole day only know how to suck PAP cock
Eat cheap hawker food for 3 meals daily
Their only source of knowledge is Mediacock and SPH
Can't cook lazy to keep clean

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

How can that be...per trip now is $20++ liao, how to clock 4k celery de woh

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

If he is good, he should be selling Masterclass Leadership Courses like Tan Chuan Jin.