• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buy 2nd hand Rolex, then complained

CSY888

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is wrong with wearing Seiko and Casio watches? Can't afford new Rolex, buy 2nd hand, and then got into a shit storm. Daft sinkie.

A man spent $12,500 on a second-hand Rolex watch at a Far East Plaza shop, only for the watch to malfunction twice within three weeks.

When the angry customer, Mr Chen, 44, requested a refund, the shop owner allegedly threatened to punch him.

The incident happened on Saturday (Oct 21) at around 4.45pm.

Sad Mr Chen:

“When I asked the owner for a refund, he said he wanted to punch me.

“I called a friend down to help mediate the situation, but he (the owner) became more aggressive. “

According to Mr Chen, he had purchased the watch for $11,000 in February 2017, as a gift to his mother.

The watch malfunctioned after only a few days, and he brought it back to the shop for repairs.

He was later convinced by the owner to buy additional accessories which cost $1,500.

Two weeks later, the watch malfunctioned again.

That was Mr Chen’s last straw.

He told Lianhe Wanbao:

“I couldn’t put up with it anymore, and asked for a refund.”

The boss initially did not attend to him, and even tasked another employee to sent Mr Chen away.

Mr Chen enraged, started scolding the owner.

He added:

“The owner became infuriated and threatened to punch me.

“He told me that he would not return to me the full sum, only 85 per cent of the amount.

“I was shocked by his belligerent behaviour and agreed to the arrangement.”

After getting the money, Mr Chen thought about the situation and was unsatisfied.

He called a friend who was nearby and came down to negotiate with the owner again.

“My friend is bigger in size than me.

“He asked the owner why he was bullying me, but the owner became more aggressive and told us that he would beat us both up.”

When Lianhe Wanbao spoke to the owner, he claimed that he was the victim in the incident.

The owner, 58-year-old Mr Xu, said that the customer called a friend down to stir up trouble after the money had been refunded, adding:

“I offered to help him repair the watch for free, but he did not want it.

“I refunded him the money and he was still unhappy, calling a friend down to intimidate me.

“His friend said he wanted to fight with me and also insulted me.”

In response to media queries, a police spokesman said that the police arrived at the scene after they were alerted to the incident, and have advised the parties on their legal recourse.

http://stomp.straitstimes.com/singa...hreatened-after-seeking-refund-at#xtor=CS1-10
May I know which shop ? so that Im aware not to buy from them. thks

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rolexes dun have complicated movements
They can be easily repaired and replacement parts easily available in Rolex Center.
Likely the 2nd hand dealer do not want to spend extra money to rectify the problem as it will eat into his profit margin or maybe he himself was sold a dud. Do not assume these folks are experts just because they deal in them. Even pawn shop also kena con before.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rolexes dun have complicated movements
They can be easily repaired and replacement parts easily available in Rolex Center.
Likely the 2nd hand dealer do not want to spend extra money to rectify the problem as it will eat into his profit margin or maybe he himself was sold a dud. Do not assume these folks are experts just because they deal in them. Even pawn shop also kena con before.
Even Experts can be fooled sometimes

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
If really really Gian Lolex...take a plane fly to Swiss MaiN offices and buy those special launch / events wan....better investment in long run despite $$$$$$

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
starlight1388 7 years ago
OMG, I really sympathize with you that salesman sold you a watch with intermittent fault. Second hand Buy-Sell has very good profit margin. Once you buy, be prepared to suffer at least 20% loss. Never buy from these second hand, many times the watch has been exchange owner many many times. As for me, I always buy brand new and I only buy from the sole agent. Never go to these shop and let them test your intelligence. Just my personal opinion.

i agree with this guy. Only buy expensive branded watches from the source or certified source.
Brand new rolex especially sports model from ad hard to get.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiya isn’t it simple, ppl go to 2nd dealers due to 2 reasons:

1) don’t have money to buy new
2) too cheap to buy new

So if u change either of these, then u won’t have any issues dealing with 2nd dealers

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

2) too cheap to buy new

So if u change either of these, then u won’t have any issues dealing with 2nd dealers
Not exactly true for Rolex as some models got money also can’t buy new. You need lobang at AD
So they buy from grey market which unfortunately includes these 2nd hand dealers
You need pay premium over RRP if you got no comnections

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not exactly true for Rolex as some models got money also can’t buy new. You need lobang at AD
So they buy from grey market which unfortunately includes these 2nd hand dealers
You need pay premium over RRP if you got no comnections
Everyone knows this la.

Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet,Vacheron Constantin (only overseas models are tough to get) all these brands require buying relationship of some shit models first

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

2) too cheap to buy new

I don't buy new one cos I just couldn't bear to lose that "newness" of the watch. Hit against some hard object and kena scratches just bothers me. Buy second hand no such problem. Can wear as a daily beater also won't feel a thing.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't buy new one cos I just couldn't bear to lose that "newness" of the watch. Hit against some hard object and kena scratches just bothers me. Buy second hand no such problem. Can wear as a daily beater also won't feel a thing.
I don’t like the new models they are more Jewelry bling than the tool watches they were meant to be.
Ideally would be an NOS but those are going to cost.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Franck Muller? Who will buy that shit?

1715094642794.jpeg