• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bunkering Scandal - Singapore’s contaminated bunkers crisis grows

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ships Face Power Blackouts From Contaminated Fuel in Singapore
Elizabeth Low & Serene Cheong 09:52 AM IST, 01 Apr 2022

(Bloomberg) -- A growing number of ships that received contaminated marine fuel at the major hub of Singapore have suffered power blackouts, according to fuel testing firm Veritas Petroleum Services. The company identified 34 ships that got contaminated supplies over February and March, of which almost half suffered a failure of the fuel system that led to a “loss of power and propulsion creating

https://www.bloombergquint.com/busi...blackouts-from-contaminated-fuel-in-singapore

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore’s contaminated bunkers crisis grows​

https://splash247.com/singapores-contaminated-bunkers-crisis-grows/

Singapore’s bunkering crisis is turning into one of the most severe off-spec incidents in decades, likely leading to claims worth tens of millions of dollars.vThe Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) has identified around 200 ships that have received high sulphur fuel oil (HSFO) containing high concentration levels of chlorinated organic compounds.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual, the samples taken whilst loading the fuel into the ships aren't the one being tested. Of course the tested samples passed with flying colours.

The ahem ahem money can be in the tens of thousands to the smallest guy in the network, according to sources. What CPF?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual, the samples taken whilst loading the fuel into the ships aren't the one being tested. Of course the tested samples passed with flying colours.

The ahem ahem money can be in the tens of thousands to the smallest guy in the network, according to sources. What CPF?
Unfirtunately this is a criminal case cannot settle out of court.
Somebody siphon out the diesel and replaced it with water? Hence chlorine?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfirtunately this is a criminal case cannot settle out of court.
Somebody siphon out the diesel and replaced it with wa :laugh: ter? Hence chlorine?
Water with chlorine is not chlorinated organic compound.

They are hydrocarbons with molecules of chlorine attached. When burnt, chlorine+hydrogen = HCl hydrogen chloride wich is very corrosive in the presence of water, which is one of the components of combustion.

Somebody sure dumped a whole load of that bad stuff into the tank that was supposed to be sealed for delivery, after samples taken and confirmed for specifications. According to my friend. If he bullshit me, then we all in deep bullshit.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Water with chlorine is not chlorinated organic compound.

They are hydrocarbons with molecules of chlorine attached. When burnt, chlorine+hydrogen = HCl hydrogen chloride wich is very corrosive in the presence of water, which is one of the components of combustion.

Somebody sure dumped a whole load of that bad stuff into the tank that was supposed to be sealed for delivery, after samples taken and confirmed for specifications. According to my friend. If he bullshit me, then we all in deep bullshit.
200 vessels affected. That is massive.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
where’s @zeddy ?
bro, your opinions on this matter highly valued
Sorry just saw this thread. If my memory serves me right, this is probably the 1st time such case happened in Singapore. Stealing of fuel and not declaring the amount, cases of kickbacks are common among crews but this is the 1st time I heard of contaminated fuel. MPA going to go down hard on the culprits. Can't alway depend on their MPA pilots to do random checks on the vessels. As the article mentioned, ships are at high risks when they encountered power blackouts in the middle of the sea. Inside sabo job or negligence on the part of the suppliers? This is truly a rare case.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ever wonder why it never happen under the father?
However under the dishonourable son, all sorts of cockup from overcrowded hospitals, SGH hepatitis scandal , train breakdowns , banking internet scams, ATM breakdowns, foreigners with fake degrees, highest covid per100,000 in the world ect2 keep on happening?
Sheer incompetence and the "no blame" themselves but blame locals for everything culture .
The more low quality foreigners we import, the more our name will be tarnished