• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Indah or Danga Bay

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
China have many such ghost town wor.. not something new..

The situation now is highly possible..heading towards there.. :eek:

China developers are much more reliable compare to local developer. They are cash rich and wont abandon their project. Soon you will see local developers having cash flow problem. Furthermore, BI condo and apartment have many quality problems and defects.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
China developers are much more reliable compare to local developer. They are cash rich and wont abandon their project. Soon you will see local developers having cash flow problem. Furthermore, BI condo and apartment have many quality problems and defects.

Excuse me, WHO are you to make such statement and give such assurance that China developers are more reliable??
Care to back your statement otherwise please shut up!

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Excuse me, WHO are you to make such statement and give such assurance that China developers are more reliable??
Care to back your statement otherwise please shut up!

Can you tell me which local developers are bigger than the chinese developers?

lailailai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mega ghost towns .....

Ya toyohon,

I have seem it with my own eyes in china.:biggrin:

I'm not too sure cs long seem them before in China mainland?
Don't be shock,
They are really big scale in projects, But only really small community of people staying.
Not possible to stay out at night...:eek:

Now the best priceless coming Mega Forest City sound like heading towards that directions..goodness..
I hope not...

lailailai

Alfrescian
Loyal
But, for own stay, can see see look look lah,

Location is still key..

Anyhow, not soooo urgent to stay in JB lah..:biggrin:

Not can take own sweet time to view,

Plan a little further..things should be Ok..
But short term.. dont expect too much lah..

Let the whole development slowly unveal.. :biggrin:

lailailai

Alfrescian
Loyal
BI is definitely a good place to buy for weekend or retirement use.
Go for a subsale landed. If you're singaporean, you can't buy <1M, so go for those BI cluster or semi-dee. my opeinion is these larger landed are the only reasonably safe buy for foreigners in johor now (talking about residential). condo > 1m well depend on your preference but take note that locals have many choices way cheaper than that, so maybe difficult to resell on in future.
security wise, BI is one of the better places. but of course cannot compare with sgp stadnard of safety lar. pls exercise caution there and don't keep too many valuable or cash with you or in your house, u should be fine.
Good luck!

Thanks bro malpaso for your advices.:biggrin:

I think will sit back and relax 1st, see look look.. :p

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ya toyohon,

Don't be shock,
They are really big scale in projects, But only really small community of people staying.

Now the best priceless coming Mega Forest City sound like heading towards that directions..goodness..
I hope not...

Ignore the village idiot cos he only knows how to slag local developers without facts. Everyone thought he is gone for good. But this is a democratic country. We can't stop people from putting their foots in their mouths now and then. Personally I would go for landed. But you could also try danga bay condos cos I heard now big lelong on the units cos oversupply.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buying BI condo/apartment should be better than danga bay because i think easier to get tenant and rent out in BI. BI is more crowded.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya toyohon,

Don't be shock,

I hope not...

What happen in China will not happen here. We must remember that there are many PAP haters and PR in Singapore willing to buy properties in malaysia for their retirement or weekend stay. One more reminder, SP Setia project like Sky Executives in BI have many quality problems and defects. Without proper leadership that was left vacant by Tan Sri, SP Setia is struggling now. Many house owners at newly completed Eco Setia Garden and Bukit Indah Condo (Sky Executives) face daunting task settling those defects in their so call completed units. Below are some pics of defects from Sky Executive BI.

defectbi.jpg

lailailai

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happen in China will not happen here. We must remember that there are many PAP haters and PR in Singapore willing to buy properties in malaysia for their retirement or weekend stay. One more reminder, SP Setia project like Sky Executives in BI have many quality problems and defects. Without proper leadership that was left vacant by Tan Sri, SP Setia is struggling now. Many house owners at newly completed Eco Setia Garden and Bukit Indah Condo (Sky Executives) face daunting task settling those defects in their so call completed units. Below are some pics of defects from Sky Executive BI.

cslong,

The China ghost town and projects that I'm talking about is Not so much about - Quality defects or China developer abandon the development.

In-fact,
The China developer finished the whole mega projects in China,
Everythings was nicely done. All was good..
All was high rise + mixed with retail.

You know what it lack off ?
It's human being..:biggrin:

You Hardly find people on the street..:biggrin:
When night come.. it was like...:eek:

In China, There are still people staying in such mega projects.
Just that the community of such people staying there are so tiny till.......:eek:
Don't be shock ..

The China developer just build and build, Not much planning.. haha

I can now see this in situation @ Danga,
Build and Build.. Same pattern and behaviour they have in China mainland.
Not much planning..:biggrin:

The coming priceless mega Forest City looks like one.. :biggrin:

China developer is the best builders.. But....

Guess, you have not seem the real of Chinese :biggrin:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

cslong,

The China ghost town and projects that I'm talking about is Not so much about - Quality defects or China developer abandon the development.

In-fact,
The China developer finished the whole mega projects in China,
Everythings was nicely done. All was good..
All was high rise + mixed with retail.

You know what it lack off ?
It's human being..:biggrin:

You Hardly find people on the street..:biggrin:
When night come.. it was like...:eek:

In China, There are still people staying in such mega projects.
Just that the community of such people staying there are so tiny till.......:eek:
Don't be shock ..

The China developer just build and build, Not much planning.. haha

I can now see this in situation @ Danga,
Build and Build.. Same pattern and behaviour they have in China mainland.
Not much planning..:biggrin:

The coming priceless mega Forest City looks like one.. :biggrin:

China developer is the best builders.. But....

Guess, you have not seem the real of Chinese :biggrin:

Maybe just wanted to remind you again that Singapore is not China's neighbour but is JB's neighbour. As mentioned, and i repeat again, there are many PAP haters and PR in Singapore willing to buy properties in malaysia for their retirement or weekend stay.

lailailai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mega ghost towns .....

Housing not part of Iskandar's main draft, Johor lawmaker

Apr 21, 2015

Following a warning by the country’s biggest bank on the risks of a housing glut in Iskandar, lawmakers in Johor said demand for premium houses within the region has lagged far behind supply.

“There is a misconception about the demand market here … there is a clear mismatch between supply and demand,” said Shahrir Abdul Samad, Member of Parliament (MP) for Johor Bahru.

“There is an oversupply of premium properties, (but) the demand … is for medium- and low-cost ones, owing to people’s incomes,” noted the former Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister.

In its report, Maybank advised investors to be cautious of Iskandar, due to the housing glut within the region, which it expects to be aggravated by huge incoming supply this year and in 2016.

It also expects property values in Iskandar to come under greater pressure in the medium term, particularly with the value of property transactions in Johor having dropped 33 percent quarter-on-quarter in Q4 2014.

Shahrir noted that it was only natural for premium residential property developers in Iskandar to be hardest-hit by the drop in prices and secondary sales since said projects were not the focus of the region.

“You have to be fair to Iskandar, as housing was never part of its main draft. The crux of its investment was more on services, hospitality and manufacturing, as well as allocations for small- and medium-sized enterprises. The investments we are interested in are not housing, and this is why we have called in Pinewood and Legoland to Iskandar,” shared the senior lawmaker from United Malays National Organisation (UMNO).

“That is the main investment strategy, but because of all these, foreign developers think there is a demand for their properties, and that is not happening. This is what’s happening, and they have to live with it. If they are willing to take the risk, then we can’t stop them,” he added.

Meanwhile, Johor opposition leader and Skudai assemblyman, Dr Boo Cheng Hau, observed that said residential projects were launched even without sufficient supporting industries or services in place.

The Democratic Action Party (DAP) MP revealed that the region is yet to accommodate the surge in tourism or cater to the needs of foreign investors looking to take advantage of Malaysia’s second-home schemes.

“There will be a sustainable demand for properties here, but not in the near future. It will take another five to 10 years to see a boom in sectors such as manufacturing, services and so on, (and) a more steady increase in demand for properties,” said Dr Boo.

DAP’s Kluang MP, Liew Chin Tong, underscored that the rapid pace of property development within the region had no real legs to stand on.

“Johor is a case of killing the golden goose too fast, too greedily. The property market is not sustained by a genuine working population with income to support their investments, while borrowing rates are surging, waiting for the bubble to burst,” stated Liew.

Despite all these, UMNO’s Pulai MP Nur Jazlan Mohamed expects the upcoming RM53 billion Pengerang Refinery and Petrochemicals Integrated Development (RAPID) project to provide the much needed employment and spending capacity to revive Iskandar’s dwindling property market.

“Property in Iskandar is experiencing a down cycle, but (sales) will pick up once corporate businesses like RAPID kick-start. Once corporations set up businesses in Iskandar, things will pick up. When businesses come in offering higher job opportunities, only then will the supply (of residential property) be taken up. (Iskandar) will not become a white elephant,” he said.