• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Batok Gold Cup - Lay your bets

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
12512326_10206479563012433_3241173940587776926_n.jpg

Your prediction? SDP 52.90%?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update 7:
Scroobal - Murali - 71.05%
McDonaldskid - Murali - 70.01%
TFBH: Murali - Murali - 68.50%
GoldenDragon - Murali - 65.58%
Enterprise2 - Chee - 52.00%
blueRAD - Murali - 70.45%
Duluxe - Murali - 55.01%
po2wq- Murali - 68.21%
Yahoo55 - Chee - 50.8%
JHolmesJR - Murali - 98.2%
Patriot - Chee - 51.20%
John Tan - Murali - 69.9%
Raiders - Chee - 50.40%
Debonerman - Murali - 73.30%
Mojito - Murali - 66.60%
Streetcry - Murali - 72.30%
CAB commander - Murali - 68.86%
Zeddy - Murali - 60.00%
Sleaguepunter - Murali - 74.78%
Kulgai - Murali - 54.50%
Gigo88 - Murali - 64.00%
The Hypocrite - Murali - 50.10%
Charlie99 - Chee - 50.38%
SDP hopeless - Murali - 84.10%
OverTheCounter - Murali - 73.50%
Winnipegjet - Chee - 50.01%
Legend - Chee - 88%

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Update 7:
Duluxe - Murali - 55.01%
po2wq- Murali - 68.21%
Yahoo55 - Chee - 50.8%
Patriot - Chee - 51.20%
Raiders - Chee - 50.40%
Mojito - Murali - 66.60%
Zeddy - Murali - 60.00%
Kulgai - Murali - 54.50%
Gigo88 - Murali - 64.00%
Legend - Chee - 88%
Kuanti01-Chee-55.25%

Lemon

Alfrescian
Loyal
very uncomfortable looking at this ah mu's face. not judging him, but he looks like a liar. saw this pic from fb, if i stay in BukitBatok, i dun trust him to even give him ten percent. dunno why he was chosen as the PAP candidate.

13051602_1350807528279634_8209056190371091537_n.jpg

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It will be very interesting to see how Sam gives his vote for this BB by-election.

I know for a fact that Sam was dead accurate in the last GE election results so much so that poor Tracy who lost her bet with Sam had to eat her words and disappeared from SBF.

I vote SDP - Dr Chee to win by 51%. But I am not betting with Sam. Whatever he bets, he must have his sources.:wink:

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How does M fare in the poll ?

It looks pretty good, sir !

Yes ?

Over 70% surveyed thinks M will win by at least 55%.

Sounds good.

Where’s the source of the survey ?

Err … it is from SBF.

WTF… SBF?! You trust that website !

Sir, it is one of Singapore’s most visited political issues website. The contributors know that stuff well. Besides, we have our people in there.

Ok. So, you think M will win ?

So far, going by the stats, it seems that way. Only thing that I see missing is Sam ’s take on the election.

What did you say ? Who’s Sam ?

He is the boss. And he is dead accurate on the last GE results.

Why then … get him to give his predictions!!!

Sir, we’ll get it done. I leave the cheque on your desk. Could you sign it please ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update 8:
Duluxe - Murali - 55.01%
po2wq- Murali - 68.21%
Yahoo55 - Chee - 50.8%
Patriot - Chee - 51.20%
Raiders - Chee - 50.40%
Mojito - Murali - 66.60%
Zeddy - Murali - 60.00%
Kulgai - Murali - 54.50%
Gigo88 - Murali - 64.00%
Legend - Chee - 88.00%
Kuanti01 - Chee - 55.00%
Zihau - Murali - 69.69%
Narong - Murali - 60.00%
Wunderfool - Chee - 51.00%

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
side track a bit, the title "Bukit Batok Gold Cup - Lay your bets" is not right. uncle scrooby buay paiseh one...:rolleyes::p:biggrin:

Laying bets sometimes causes controversy because you are betting on someone/something losing - but it has always happened that way. If you back one horse to win a race, then by default, you are betting AGAINST every other horse in the race - you can't cheer them all to win!

https://betting.betfair.com/what-is-lay-betting.html

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are these Bukit Batok residents' concerns not addressed ?

BUSES

A resident who wanted to be known only as Mr Loh, 61, told TNP he had problems getting on the buses every morning because they were always crowded. He asked if there could be a higher frequency of buses for the estate, especially during peak hours.

CLEANLINESS

Residents like Mr Lim Joo Yam, 63, who is self-employed, and train captain Abdul Alim, 65, said they would like the elected MP to engage more efficient estate cleaners.

Said Mr Abdul: "The rubbish chute area in my block is always very dirty. Sometimes I have to clean it myself."

RESPONSIVE MP

Many residents spoken to said it was important for their MP to be responsive to feedback.

Madam Wu, 71, said she had given feedback to the previous MP regarding the needs of autistic children in the area, but no response was given.

"I've voiced out my opinion, but no one seems to be taking any action," Madam Wu said. #

COST OF LIVING

Residents also shared concerns over national issues such as the rising cost of living.

A student, who gave his name as Mr Shafiq, 22, said the cost of living was something that residents, especially the elderly, were concerned about.

Said Mr Shafiq: "Everywhere the prices are increasing, like the cost of food in hawker centres and cost of flats.

Who is more capable to get these concerns addressed ? Were it be M or C ?

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are these Bukit Batok residents' concerns not addressed ?

BUSES

A resident who wanted to be known only as Mr Loh, 61, told TNP he had problems getting on the buses every morning because they were always crowded. He asked if there could be a higher frequency of buses for the estate, especially during peak hours.

CLEANLINESS

Residents like Mr Lim Joo Yam, 63, who is self-employed, and train captain Abdul Alim, 65, said they would like the elected MP to engage more efficient estate cleaners.

Said Mr Abdul: "The rubbish chute area in my block is always very dirty. Sometimes I have to clean it myself."

RESPONSIVE MP

Many residents spoken to said it was important for their MP to be responsive to feedback.

Madam Wu, 71, said she had given feedback to the previous MP regarding the needs of autistic children in the area, but no response was given.

"I've voiced out my opinion, but no one seems to be taking any action," Madam Wu said. #

COST OF LIVING

Residents also shared concerns over national issues such as the rising cost of living.

A student, who gave his name as Mr Shafiq, 22, said the cost of living was something that residents, especially the elderly, were concerned about.

Said Mr Shafiq: "Everywhere the prices are increasing, like the cost of food in hawker centres and cost of flats.

Who is more capable to get these concerns addressed ? Were it be M or C ?

The answer is obvious, CSJ!

Because CSJ has promised to be a full-time hands-on MP :smile:

My personal opinion is that CSJ will be so dedicated and passionate in his MP duties that, if need be, he will even conduct MPS on a daily basis, instead of just for 3 hours once a week which is what a normal PAP MP does. In fact, for most PAP MPS sessions, a resident has to take a Q number, see all the PA kah-kias before you are even promised a meeting with the MP himself/herself. Lagi worse, many PAP MPs are not even present every week even though it is only once a week for 3 hours. Mr Murali intends to continue to do his legal work, and he might have many other director positions here and there once he is elected, you think he has much time left to care about the residents????? These PAP MPs, talk big only during campaign time. Once elected, you would not see them around until the next election campaign.

That is why, if the BB residents do not vote for CSJ, I think they would miss a golden opportunity. Already I have read several comments in FB here and there by different people who said they would consider moving to BB if CSJ is elected as the MP there. According to them, they have been so impressed by the way the SDP managed to be "operation-ready" and professional in running their activities. Based on these observations, they predict that the SDP (if elected) BB town council will do a very good job and the home values there may even appreciate in values.

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The answer is obvious, CSJ!

Because CSJ has promised to be a full-time hands-on MP :smile:

My personal opinion is that CSJ will be so dedicated and passionate in his MP duties that, if need be, he will even conduct MPS on a daily basis, instead of just for 3 hours once a week which is what a normal PAP MP does. In fact, for most PAP MPS sessions, a resident has to take a Q number, see all the PA kah-kias before you are even promised a meeting with the MP himself/herself. Lagi worse, many PAP MPs are not even present every week even though it is only once a week for 3 hours. Mr Murali intends to continue to do his legal work, and he might have many other director positions here and there once he is elected, you think he has much time left to care about the residents????? These PAP MPs, talk big only during campaign time. Once elected, you would not see them around until the next election campaign.

That is why, if the BB residents do not vote for CSJ, I think they would miss a golden opportunity. Already I have read several comments in FB here and there by different people who said they would consider moving to BB if CSJ is elected as the MP there. According to them, they have been so impressed by the way the SDP managed to be "operation-ready" and professional in running their activities. Based on these observations, they predict that the SDP (if elected) BB town council will do a very good job and the home values there may even appreciate in values.

This is why I tip Chee to win. But I agree it is a close fight. The deciding factor is the swing voters. The way to reach to their hearts is sincerity and integrity. That 's what they want to see in an Opp member speaking up for them in Parliament.

Chee is bold and at times even a bit impulsive, but he is downright sincere and a man you can count on to speak up and address your concerns in Parliament. I can't say for LTK and his crew.

Last edited: